Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

gonefishing1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey

I modded a couple V1 switches a couple of years ago but then the only ones you could mod was if you had a V1 with the correct serial number. I see mention of mod chips being used to mod any switch even the OLED. Is it possible now to use mod chips to mod any switch from lite to OLED? If so what;s the best place to start. I never used my OLED much or the lite but if I can mod them that would be awesome

Thanks

diddlydennis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
quick question, should I invest in a rcmloader or just rekado?

Plus is there a video regarding hacking a switch, I just want to watch someone do it before then reading a written guide to familiarise myself with the process.

jedinegao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had a 128gb micro sd and I upgraded to a 256gb one, with the launch of android for the V2/Oled models I thought about putting android on my 128gb microsd, since I didn't use it for anything. I wanted to ask here if I continue using 2 micro sd can there be a problem with the microsd reader or is it resistant in this regard? Can anyone tell me if this will somehow be harmful to my console's hardware?

B_1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey just tried Tinwoo installer and the same problem persists, the nintendo logo appears then a black screen

AJWSquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a screenshot of where you’re looking at space? What size SD card are you using?
I'm somehow getting the exact same issue as Roks0 had, 128 GB SD Card after uninstalling Fire Emblem Three Houses

Attachments

• image_2023-06-20_004406290.png
    image_2023-06-20_004406290.png
    370.2 KB · Views: 20

blickbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
  1. Installing an .NSP file is the same process as downloading it from the eShop; you are just "downloading" it offline. In both scenarios, you unpack the .NSP file into the individual .NCA files then place them into the /nintendo folder. And in both scenarios, its not something that can be simply moved out of the card without uninstalling. Then once you uninstall it, you must reinstall it again when you want it
  2. Depends on your definition of safe. CFW works on the latest firmware version but not all homebrew apps have been updated. Also if you want to hold out on an untethered coldboot exploit, you cannot update past firmware 3.X. Lastly, if you want to hold onto any usage of SX OS, you cannot use any firmware higher than 11.0
  3. Just don't buy a fake SD card which is a lot easier said than done. The general rule of thumb is that if the deal is too good to be true, then it usually is. In layman's terms, if the price difference for one brand/reseller is bigger compared to the rest, then that means something is up. Also exFAT is a really bad idea because it can corrupt your SD card unlike FAT32. There are also ways of bypassing the 4 GB limit without splitting such as wireless or USB installations
  4. You could always install a modchip inside the console
Thanks a lot for your response! Regarding ExFAT - I assume that even though it's more prone to corruption, it's still very rare that they will get corrupt? In my case, I don't have EmuMMC(?) - that is stored in internal memory(?). So if the SD card does get corrupt, I won't really lose anything, I just need to reinstall all games?

Also, since I'm starting with fresh now anyway, and I don't mind losing save games at the moment - should I change regarding EmuMMC? Are there advantages of having that on SD?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a 128gb micro sd and I upgraded to a 256gb one, with the launch of android for the V2/Oled models I thought about putting android on my 128gb microsd, since I didn't use it for anything. I wanted to ask here if I continue using 2 micro sd can there be a problem with the microsd reader or is it resistant in this regard? Can anyone tell me if this will somehow be harmful to my console's hardware?
The Switch microSD port is known to be flimsy. It can't take much abuse before breaking. The new revisions (OLED and Lite) might be sturdier. Never heard of owners of new Switch consoles having problem. Anyway, it's a risk. I never take the SD card out of my Switch. But you decide if it's worth it. Just don't be too rough handling it.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Greetings, I've run into an issue while installing SXOS for the first time on an unpatch V1 Switch. Since I don't have proper SXOS license, I followed this guide on how to get hacked version of it installed. I guess that I successfully installed it, seeing that I got the license.dat file in the end, but for some reason when I try to boot into custom FW, I just get a black screen.

Here's what I did so far:
1) I've copied the clean boot.dat file that I've grabbed from the previously mentioned guide to the 256GB microSD card that I've formatted to FAT32 file system and inserted it into the Switch. I've also copied the sx-payload.bin to the Rekado app on my phone in order to run boot into SXOS menu.
2) I've created emuNAND using its slow built-in tool, successfully.
3) I've tried launching CFW afterwards (I've got a license-request.dat after doing it for the first time), but nothing happened.
4) I've followed the rest of the guide, got the proper license.dat (and custom theme, provided by mrdude as well) and I thought that would be it. Alas, my Switch still boots into black screen.

I believe that my current OFW could be an issue because it's on 15.0.1 and I guess that SXOS's emuNAND tool creates a copy of sysNAND on the same FW? How should i go about downgrading the firmware on my SXOS emuNAND?

What else am I missing? As a new user, how would you go about installing SXOS for the first time from FW 15.0.1?
I've stumbled upon binkinator's post here where he mentioned that one should do the Atmosphere/Hekate install, make an emuNAND, dowgrade it via Daybreak and then make a copy of 11.0.0 Atmosphere emuNAND to an SXOS Partition based partition using EmuTool. Sadly, I can not figure out how to achieve that. Do I need two SD cards, one with Atmos emuNAND, the other one with SXOS emuNAND and then do what he did using EmuTool to acomplish that? Can anyone elaborate what exactly needs to be done here?

In the end, my goal is to make a dual emuNAND setup detailed here, with both SXOS on 11.0.0 and Atoms on the latest FW version, while keeping sysNAND intact, for the online play. As for why would I like SXOS, mainly because I'd like to give XCI USB loading feature a try.

Sorry for the long post, I hope that someone will be able to help me out. ^^ I've tried different approaches so far, but none of them worked and I feel like I'm just going in circles.
Thank you for your time.

obito1314

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
new to switch modding, I think ive installed everything, i used awoo to put nsps on, mario is working fine other games are saying in need a software update to play, im fully offline with it, ive update the latest sigpatch, one game is under 2gb but asking me to buy the product others are split into 2 files (more than 4gb) when istalled it says i need to update the sofware. were am i going wrong.

himynameisado

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I am planning to buy a modded OLED switch and I have questions before I make the purchase.

1. Which should I choose in playing online? I know that it is not the EmuMMC but there is also an option for SysMMC and OFW. Should I choose OFW instead since that it is the one that connects to eshop/online?

2. Will the physical cartridge still work if I prefer in using for online purposes? (I read somewhere that game cartridge slot are disabled in modded switch)

3. Can I still purchase legal games even though my switch is modded?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am planning to buy a modded OLED switch and I have questions before I make the purchase.

1. Which should I choose in playing online? I know that it is not the EmuMMC but there is also an option for SysMMC and OFW. Should I choose OFW instead since that it is the one that connects to eshop/online?

2. Will the physical cartridge still work if I prefer in using for online purposes? (I read somewhere that game cartridge slot are disabled in modded switch)

3. Can I still purchase legal games even though my switch is modded?

You have to use Sysmmc for online content if sysnand isn't banned, as for game cartridge, you have to disable nogc it stands for no game cartridge.

himynameisado

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You have to use Sysmmc for online content if sysnand isn't banned, as for game cartridge, you have to disable nogc it stands for no game cartridge.
I followed the guide in youtube and it shows that the sysmmc and emummc internet is blocked. Should I search on how to disable it then use the internet in sysmmc instead?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide in youtube and it shows that the sysmmc and emummc internet is blocked. Should I search on how to disable it then use the internet in sysmmc instead?

Server communication is meant to be blocked on emunand with like exosphere and 90dns, not on sysmmc if you intend to play online.

himynameisado

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Server communication is meant to be blocked on emunand with like exosphere and 90dns, not on sysmmc if you intend to play online.
Yes it specifically says that the exosphere is the one blocking the connection as well as masking the serial numbers.

My thoughts is, if i'm going to play legit games might as well use the OFW since that it is the stock version of the switch and the serials is not masked. Guess I am wrong.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it specifically says that the exosphere is the one blocking the connection as well as masking the serial numbers.

My thoughts is, if i'm going to play legit games might as well use the OFW since that it is the stock version of the switch and the serials is not masked. Guess I am wrong.

It is not masked if you are on OFW.

nomadic69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need help migrating from SX OS V3.1.0 EMUNAND to Atmosphere
also have RR by RG_74 release 1.23
Erista/Patched
switch firmware 10.2.0 would like to update it to 16.0.3 or 13 at least

keep getting
eMMC: Failed to update the DMA transfer! (about 10 times)
then
Fatal error: [NXBOOT] couldn't parse boot0: I/O error!

then i just get
after reboot

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey

I modded a couple V1 switches a couple of years ago but then the only ones you could mod was if you had a V1 with the correct serial number. I see mention of mod chips being used to mod any switch even the OLED. Is it possible now to use mod chips to mod any switch from lite to OLED? If so what;s the best place to start. I never used my OLED much or the lite but if I can mod them that would be awesome

Thanks
Yes, there are several modchips that can be used to hack patched and newer Switch units. These include the SX Core, hwfly series, and picofly. You can find these on AliExpress or other resellers.
quick question, should I invest in a rcmloader or just rekado?

Plus is there a video regarding hacking a switch, I just want to watch someone do it before then reading a written guide to familiarise myself with the process.
It depends. Do you think you will always have your Android phone on your person and a USB cable? If not, then an RCMLoader might be a better investment. Also, I cannot recommend any videos because its going to depend on what you use to enter RCM which can vary widely from jigs to paperclips to aluminum foil. RCM also looks identical to a black screen so you won't be able to tell its successful even after watching a video.
The SD card reader is actually quite fragile on the Switch so its recommended to not use more than 1 SD card per console for fear of breaking it.
Hey just tried Tinwoo installer and the same problem persists, the nintendo logo appears then a black screen
Did you download your patches from this thread? If not, I highly recommend you do so as that thread always has the latest working patches.
I'm somehow getting the exact same issue as Roks0 had, 128 GB SD Card after uninstalling Fire Emblem Three Houses
That user you quoted hasn't logged on for 2 months so you probably won't get a response from him. Have you verified that your SD card is not fake?
Thanks a lot for your response! Regarding ExFAT - I assume that even though it's more prone to corruption, it's still very rare that they will get corrupt? In my case, I don't have EmuMMC(?) - that is stored in internal memory(?). So if the SD card does get corrupt, I won't really lose anything, I just need to reinstall all games?

Also, since I'm starting with fresh now anyway, and I don't mind losing save games at the moment - should I change regarding EmuMMC? Are there advantages of having that on SD?
The corruption is not rare at all. If you look around, you will find a plethora of threads about people experiencing corruption on exFAT. Even leading developers on Switch hacking highly dissuade against using it. Some hacks don't even support exFAT such as Lakka. There is absolutely no reason to use exFAT on the Switch; it is objectively inferior to FAT32. Also your CFW and homebrew will also be on the SD card as well as any cheats, mods, or whatever else you download so those will be lost if and when it corrupts if you use exFAT.

As for emuMMC, it can act as a cushion in the event of a brick since you can just remake emuMMC if it gets bricked. If your actual console is bricked, you either need a backup or shell out money for a new unit. It can also let you be on a higher firmware version without updating the actual firmware of your console. These are just a few advantages to using emuMMC.
new to switch modding, I think ive installed everything, i used awoo to put nsps on, mario is working fine other games are saying in need a software update to play, im fully offline with it, ive update the latest sigpatch, one game is under 2gb but asking me to buy the product others are split into 2 files (more than 4gb) when istalled it says i need to update the sofware. were am i going wrong.
Did you download your patches from this thread? If not, I highly recommend you do so as that thread always has the latest working patches.
i need help migrating from SX OS V3.1.0 EMUNAND to Atmosphere
also have RR by RG_74 release 1.23
Erista/Patched
switch firmware 10.2.0 would like to update it to 16.0.3 or 13 at least

keep getting
eMMC: Failed to update the DMA transfer! (about 10 times)
then

then i just get
after reboot
Did you follow a specific guide to migrate from SX OS to Atmosphere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, For my birthday I will go to the movies and then we will go to a restaurant where...