Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I was afraid someone would say that. If the NAND has gone bad, there is no way I can ever get it to go online again is there? I mean I could have a new NAND chip soldered or order a used module, but then I'd still have to rebuild it for my console right?

Edit: Thanks either way Hayato, we'll see if I can fix it ;-)

You can probably rebuild the NAND but you won't be able to go online.

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dumb question, but could I clone my SD card by simply taking a second SD card that's also formatted as FAT32 32K and copying all of the files over? I'm running out of space on my current card and want to upgrade it to a larger capacity one.

On that note, what is the maximum supported SD card size for the Switch?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question, but could I clone my SD card by simply taking a second SD card that's also formatted as FAT32 32K and copying all of the files over? I'm running out of space on my current card and want to upgrade it to a larger capacity one.

On that note, what is the maximum supported SD card size for the Switch?

You got a hidden partition emunand? The largest card right now is 1TB.

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You got a hidden partition emunand? The largest card right now is 1TB.
I followed the Switch hacks guide to the dot, and yeah, I split the sysNAND and emuNAND and only ever use the emuNAND. The sysNAND is virtually empty (and hell, the Switch firmware is like years old on that; I left it as-is on purpose).

Last edited by Stormflora,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the Switch hacks guide to the dot, and yeah, I split the sysNAND and emuNAND and only ever use the emuNAND. The sysNAND is virtually empty (and hell, the Switch firmware is like years old on that; I left it as-is on purpose).

You need to find out if you have a hidden partition emunand, plug the sd card into your computer see if there is a 29GB partition

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just installed Tales of Symphonia on my Switch, and immediately after I started it up the game hit me with an EULA I have to agree to. What concerns me is the part where it said that I have to be online to play, and the game sends telemetry back to Bandai, including them reading the serial numbers of either my Switch or the copy of the game that I installed (can't remember which).

Am I going to have to use 90DNS with this? There's also the possibility that my Switch is already banned (not entirely sure, but I think that it is). What exactly would be the proper OpSec here?

And yeah, I know that it's a terrible port and all. I just want to play it in handheld form, and I don't have a Steam Deck yet; so please, no answers saying "the proper opsec is to not play that crap port".

Thanks in advance everyone.

switcher4579

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest following a different guide, then. Try Switch Hacking Is Easy Take your time and read it, and when you feel confident, go for it.
Following this guide, Atmosphere finally boots! The main difference I see between this guide and the NH Switch one is the hekate_ipl.ini, so perhaps that was the issue.

I was then able to update my emuNAND via Daybreak. My sysNAND is still hosed, but that's fine, wasn't planning on going online.

Thanks so much for your patience and your help!!! @Kallim I also appreciate you taking the time to help, though thankfully I did not need to go to that extent. The people of this forum who go out of the way to help newbies are awesome :).

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, thanks

Yeah, Pixel is the only free now. The Pros are not even accepting donations, they are only accepting missing content! Which sucks, of course!

Following this guide, Atmosphere finally boots! The main difference I see between this guide and the NH Switch one is the hekate_ipl.ini, so perhaps that was the issue.

I was then able to update my emuNAND via Daybreak. My sysNAND is still hosed, but that's fine, wasn't planning on going online.

Thanks so much for your patience and your help!!! @Kallim I also appreciate you taking the time to help, though thankfully I did not need to go to that extent. The people of this forum who go out of the way to help newbies are awesome :).
If ever you do decide to goto that extent you could also restore the sysnand? The other option would be to make a 2nd emunand (ideally use another SD card) from a backup of your existing emunand.

You could then "clean" the nand using haku33. Then re backup that nand to the sysnand. Then boot via Hekate stock and update to latest firmware.

That's only going to work if your serial info is in tact. You may need to temp delete (rename) exosphere.ini to see it as it blocks it out (all zeros). You may not have that file but if your serial is zeros it could be that (if not it's incognito).

Make sure your blocking Nintendo and in airplane mode before attempting that... And make sure the nand is completely clean before even attempting to boot stock.

Oh and make sure to restore exosphere.ini before disabling airplane mode.

You might also be blocking Nintendo via a file in the atmosphere/hots folder.... But it's better to be extra safe.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Your sysNAND is hosed? Do you mean you can't boot it directly because of the burnt fuses? If so, it's no biggie, since booting through Hekate works. But if it bothers you, you could also update it to the latest, so it matches the burnt fuses. I wouldn't bother, personally. I never use my sysNAND, and it's still on low firmware. My burnt fuses match the low firmware but that's about it.

There is another major difference between the NH guide and the rentry one. NH doesn't mention sigpatches at all, whereas the rentry one make no secret of them. It's just overall more complete than most of the other guides out there.

Anyway, I'm glad things are working out for you. Enjoy your hacked Switch, and keep that NAND backup in a safe place.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, It{s been a very long time since i posted in GBAtemp.
I have a switch with SXOS emunand in 11.0 something. I never touched the console's firmware, It should be in a veeeeery old firmware.
Anyway, I'd like to know hot to prepare my switch for the upcoming Zelda game.
I will be buying the game but I'll keep unpacked it for my collection.

I guess atmosphere is the way to go here, could anyone please recommend a tutorial to get started with that?
Ty

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, It{s been a very long time since i posted in GBAtemp.
I have a switch with SXOS emunand in 11.0 something. I never touched the console's firmware, It should be in a veeeeery old firmware.
Anyway, I'd like to know hot to prepare my switch for the upcoming Zelda game.
I will be buying the game but I'll keep unpacked it for my collection.

I guess atmosphere is the way to go here, could anyone please recommend a tutorial to get started with that?
Ty

Do you want to keep that emunand around?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg