Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,At launching the payload(hekate) after the nintendo switch logo stays on a black or gray screen Is it a hekate error or something specific? Thanks.

What guide did you follow?

Did you copy fusee.bin to /bootloader/payloads/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to dump my game but am worried of my console getting banned. searching online some people say that just dumping games wont get you banned but others say you have to make a NAND backup and I have no clue how to do that or if its even necessary
Hacking your console can get you banned, plain and simple. If you don't want to get banned, then don't hack your console.

kymora0

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello, I bought a jailbroken switch. I used the HATS package to update it to 1.4.0 and updated the firmware to 15.
I was trying to go into sysnand and play online so I tried to reboot into OFW and now my switch is just on a black screen, power buttons or the RCM loader doesn't do anything.

What do I do? :(

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I bought a jailbroken switch. I used the HATS package to update it to 1.4.0 and updated the firmware to 15.
I was trying to go into sysnand and play online so I tried to reboot into OFW and now my switch is just on a black screen, power buttons or the RCM loader doesn't do anything.

What do I do? :(
Don't use the HATS package. Delete whatever you downloaded and download a fresh set of files from the official Atmosphere GitHub page.

Reactions: kymora0

kymora0

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Don't use the HATS package. Delete whatever you downloaded and download a fresh set of files from the official Atmosphere GitHub page.
Alright, so In a span of a couple of minutes and a few YouTube tutorials later. I essentially jailbroke my switch again.

Thank you so much, I am grateful.
Is it safe to enter Sysnand and go online?

HouseOfEm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me and make a Sword save file for me. I'm on Andriod and don't have access to a PC to do it for me. I can't go online with my emulator I'm just playing through the game for the first time and for fun.

Character: The girl in slot 3 on the top row
Name: Emma
Language: English
Game: I want the game at the start so I can play through

Pokemon:
Every one in the game if possible. Shiny version and normal version if possible?

Specific:

These Pokemon in eggs if possible? If not Level 1 Shiny please

Grookey: Male Adament, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
with egg moves Growth, Hammer Arm, Strength

Scorbunny: Female Adamnet, 252 Attack, 252 Speed with egg moves High Jump Kick, Sucker Punch, Superfang

Sobble: Male Mild, 252 SA, 252 Speed. Egg Moves Aqua Jet, Aqua Ring, Fell Stinger, Ice Shard

Rookidee: Male Impish, 252 HP, 168 Def, and 88 SpD with egg moves Defog, Rock Smash, Roost, Sky Attack

Dreepy: Female Hasty 252 Attack, 252 Speed, Egg Moves Dragon Tail, Sucker Punch

Hatenna: Female Quiet 252 SA , 252 HP

Legendary: All Level 1 Shiny

Rayquaza Lonely Nature 252 Attack, 252 Speed Air Slash, Ancient Power, Dragon Ascent, Twister

Eternatus: Modest, 252 SA, 252 Speed Level 1 Moves

Zacian: Adament, 252 Attack, 252 Speed Bite, Howl, Metal Claw, Sacred Sword with Rusty Sword please

Zamazenta: Adament, 252 A, 252 Speed, Bite Howl Metal Claw Wide Guard with Rusted Shield please

I know this is a lot to ask. Please and thanks so much.

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a feature for a while, but how do you actually update Atmosphere without pulling the SD?

Whenever I have tried when running an ftpd (in this case ftpd pro 1.3), package3 and the .romfs file are locked and cannot be overwritten. Works fine for all the other updated files. Same result running as an applet. I use hekate if it makes a difference.

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
so i'm recently bought used v1 switch, when i tried to add teknip shop it gave me :
This verification code isn't associated with your account. If you have any other Discord accounts that are on Teknik, try those.

that mean my switch is already linked to another discord account, so now it's impossible to me to use teknik?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm recently bought used v1 switch, when i tried to add teknip shop it gave me :
This verification code isn't associated with your account. If you have any other Discord accounts that are on Teknik, try those.

that mean my switch is already linked to another discord account, so now it's impossible to me to use teknik?
That’s correct. I would take this up with them on their Discord directly. Also please reread this https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/
Post automatically merged:

It's been a feature for a while, but how do you actually update Atmosphere without pulling the SD?

Whenever I have tried when running an ftpd (in this case ftpd pro 1.3), package3 and the .romfs file are locked and cannot be overwritten. Works fine for all the other updated files. Same result running as an applet. I use hekate if it makes a difference.
You can export you SDCard under Hekate and attach your entire switch via USB and use it as a glorified SDCard reader. Once the card is mounted you will have full access to the card just as if you had pulled the card out and stuck it in your switch.

1668866687265.png

Last edited by binkinator,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone I bought a hacked switch to someone online (it runs on atmosphere). However the firmware is stuck to the version 13.1.2. I would like to upgrade to a higher version to play games such as scarlet/violet or p5r. I looked up tutorials on how to do it and know you have to put the firmware files on the SD card and use Daybreak etc.

HOWEVER my problem is that the SD card I have is write protected and despite trying everything to remove the readonly nothing worked. I don't have another SD card with enough storage to use instead... So I was wondering if I could simply update it through Wifi and if I do, how to proceed (do the update in the classic mode or the atmosphere mode?), and what are the possible risks (I dont mind getting banned from online usage for instance since I wouldn't pay the nso anyway).

I would be very thankful for any answers!
Since you don't care about being banned, then the only question left is if you care about fuses or not. The Switch has anti-downgrade fuses that are designed to prevent downgrades. The only reason one would downgrade is in case a better exploit is released in the future such as a hypothetical untethered coldboot exploit. Normally, firmware updates burn fuses. However, there are ways to prevent fuses from being burnt. Daybreak is one such method as it enables AutoRCM after the firmware update which will prevent the console from using its stock bootloader (which is what actually burns fuses). If you update the firmware outside of CFW, the console will use the stock bootloader. However, if you update the firmware while in Atmosphere and you have AutoRCM enabled, Atmosphere will prevent AutoRCM from being removed during the system update and preserve your fuses. Keep in mind there is no right or wrong method when it comes to preserving fuses as some users don't care about downgrading but I will tell you that there is no benefit in burning fuses as Nintendo doesn't seem to check them for now.

Miyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since you don't care about being banned, then the only question left is if you care about fuses or not. The Switch has anti-downgrade fuses that are designed to prevent downgrades. The only reason one would downgrade is in case a better exploit is released in the future such as a hypothetical untethered coldboot exploit. Normally, firmware updates burn fuses. However, there are ways to prevent fuses from being burnt. Daybreak is one such method as it enables AutoRCM after the firmware update which will prevent the console from using its stock bootloader (which is what actually burns fuses). If you update the firmware outside of CFW, the console will use the stock bootloader. However, if you update the firmware while in Atmosphere and you have AutoRCM enabled, Atmosphere will prevent AutoRCM from being removed during the system update and preserve your fuses. Keep in mind there is no right or wrong method when it comes to preserving fuses as some users don't care about downgrading but I will tell you that there is no benefit in burning fuses as Nintendo doesn't seem to check them for now.
Thanks a lot for the fast reply. I don't have access to an SD card I could use to replace my current one, so I don't know how I could use Daybreak unfortunately :( I don't think I mind burning fuses if I don't have another choice, but then is there an incognito mode or something of the like that could at least lower the chances of getting banned if updating on emunand?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the fast reply. I don't have access to an SD card I could use to replace my current one, so I don't know how I could use Daybreak unfortunately :( I don't think I mind burning fuses if I don't have another choice, but then is there an incognito mode or something of the like that could at least lower the chances of getting banned if updating on emunand?
Incognito "prevents" bans by blocking any communication to Nintendo. You cannot lower the chances of a ban because connecting online is what causes bans. You can either connect or not connect online. There is no middleground.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Miyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Incognito "prevents" bans by blocking any communication to Nintendo. You cannot lower the chances of a ban because connecting online is what causes bans. You can either connect or not connect online. There is no middleground.
Okay I see, it seems I'm kind of stuck then, it's either get banned or buy another SD card... I'll try to see what I can do, thanks for your help!

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Brand new to the switch scene. I have a unpatched v1 switch, rcm loader/jig and sd card...

I'm Half way through this YT video's instructions

Changed Dns, installed updated Atmosphere, Hekate, and Tegrarcm on SD card and computer but didn't hook up switch with rcm loader or computer.

Then I second guessed myself; instead would it be better if I just follow https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sd_preparation/

or use

please don't use youtube guides as they are out dated quick, seen loads of people come asking for help after following a better gaming tutorial video, he doesn't explain a lot of important steps and rushes through what he does record. one of the best is the one on the subreddit you posted earier.

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users