Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Shadow147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
No, files on the SD card have no effect on payload injection. The only variables are your console, the USB cable, and the device sending payloads. If you haven't done so already, try swapping the USB cable and/or rebooting your computer (assuming you're using that to inject payloads).
Thanks Drax!

Hmmm. RCM being detected no problem and having changed out cables with the same result would seem to imply it's not the cable...

Drivers perhaps? If it's the console, that may be a lot harder to figure out I'm guessing.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Drax!

Hmmm. RCM being detected no problem and having changed out cables with the same result would seem to imply it's not the cable...

Drivers perhaps? If it's the console, that may be a lot harder to figure out I'm guessing.
Like I said, it might also be worth rebooting your computer. There was one time where I repeatedly injected so many payloads into my console that it stopped accepting them. Turning off and on my computer fixed the issue.

Cnotesdip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone offers support for the switch, like someone to guide you via AnyDesk or teamviewer does anyone offer that type of service here ?

Ricetomeetyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop the press! Let’s check your serial number in System Settings. If it looks something like XAW00000000000 then we need to ensure you have a backup and we put it somewhere safe (like on your PC) before we continue with wiping your SDCard. Without the backup you will forever be stuck with a blank serial number and thus not able to connect to Ninty ever again.

Here’s a write up on it:

https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM

Writeup on the original version of Incognito, in case you used it:

https://github.com/blawar/incognito

IMO it would be best to restore to the normal serial number and then use exosphere and dns:mitm which are now built in to Atmosphere:

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
When I go to serial information it shows a full normal serial number for console as well as battery and joycons. Does that mean that I never had incognito installed? I specifically remember seeing it in the Tinfoil options, and I always have just had it on airplane mode while still being able to use tinfoil because I'm scared of the ban. I may be confused, but this is showing up with the new 256GB card inserted. I actually wiped the 512GB card and am currently running H2testw.

What do I do with the serial number being visible, and do I really have to let H2testw run for over 7.5 hours to test this card like it says it will?

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant access my microSD all of a sudden. Switch doesn’t recognize SD when booting up CFW

"[FatFS] Error: NOFAT
Failed to mount SD card (FATFS Error 13).
Make sure that a FAT partition exists.."

This is the error I’m getting when booting up CFW. My microsd card was working fine on my pc and then I unplugged the adapter. All of a sudden my pc is asking me to format my SD card as if it was never fat32. I’ve tried plugging it multiple times and it doesn’t work. I can’t access the contents of the microSD card at all.

.Tried booting up CFW and was met with the error above. I don’t know what went wrong. Is my sd card broken now? Stock Firmware recognized my microSD card but it tells me I need to format it. How can my microSD just magically change format?

Shadow147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Like I said, it might also be worth rebooting your computer. There was one time where I repeatedly injected so many payloads into my console that it stopped accepting them. Turning off and on my computer fixed the issue.
:'-( Was really hoping that would work and did try it again, but no joy.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant access my microSD all of a sudden. Switch doesn’t recognize SD when booting up CFW

"[FatFS] Error: NOFAT
Failed to mount SD card (FATFS Error 13).
Make sure that a FAT partition exists.."

This is the error I’m getting when booting up CFW. My microsd card was working fine on my pc and then I unplugged the adapter. All of a sudden my pc is asking me to format my SD card as if it was never fat32. I’ve tried plugging it multiple times and it doesn’t work. I can’t access the contents of the microSD card at all.

.Tried booting up CFW and was met with the error above. I don’t know what went wrong. Is my sd card broken now? Stock Firmware recognized my microSD card but it tells me I need to format it. How can my microSD just magically change format?

Looks like you have no FAT32 partition, need to reformat card
Post automatically merged:

When I go to serial information it shows a full normal serial number for console as well as battery and joycons. Does that mean that I never had incognito installed? I specifically remember seeing it in the Tinfoil options, and I always have just had it on airplane mode while still being able to use tinfoil because I'm scared of the ban. I may be confused, but this is showing up with the new 256GB card inserted. I actually wiped the 512GB card and am currently running H2testw.

What do I do with the serial number being visible, and do I really have to let H2testw run for over 7.5 hours to test this card like it says it will?

You would want to use atmosphere exosphere instead of icognito

Anyone offers support for the switch, like someone to guide you via AnyDesk or teamviewer does anyone offer that type of service here ?

Don't think anyone offer that type of service here.

Reactions: Cnotesdip

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go to serial information it shows a full normal serial number for console as well as battery and joycons. Does that mean that I never had incognito installed? I specifically remember seeing it in the Tinfoil options, and I always have just had it on airplane mode while still being able to use tinfoil because I'm scared of the ban. I may be confused, but this is showing up with the new 256GB card inserted.
You probably had your old emunand masked with incognito and your Sysnand, where we got the new Emunand, was untouched. Either way it’s perfect for our purposes.
I actually wiped the 512GB card and am currently running H2testw.
Great!
What do I do with the serial number being visible,
We can protect it with the apps built into Atmosphere.
Do the following and watch it disappear:

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

You can test that you’re protected with this:

https://github.com/meganukebmp/Switch_90DNS_tester

and do I really have to let H2testw run for over 7.5 hours to test this card like it says it will?
It does run for a long time but it’s the only way to be 100% certain.
We certainly don’t have to and can simply format with rufus and move forward. Your call.

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you have no FAT32 partition, need to reformat card

You would want to use atmosphere exosphere instead of icognito

Don't think anyone offer that type of service here.
How does that happen out of nowhere tho? My microsd has been running fine but all of a sudden I can’t access it and my switch can’t read it? Is there anyway to keep my data on it or do I need to start the whole modding process over again?

Shadow147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Good thinking!

I had a dongle at one time butno idea where it is atm. I'll see about setting up an Android injection from my phone~
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

@Draxzelex I had tried 4 different cables.

When I turned the house upside down looking for that old usb injector, I found a fifth and thought "Might as well try it". The fifth worked.

Thanks again for the all the replies!

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably so, sound like your partition is messed up
So where do I go from here? Someone on reddit said to use Recuva to salvage data on the card and then just reformat it. Is that the right idea?

After my card is formatted what do I do? Do I have to get my nand backups and put them on the sd card? Do I have to start the whole modding process over again?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where do I go from here? Someone on reddit said to use Recuva to salvage data on the card and then just reformat it. Is that the right idea?

After my card is formatted what do I do? Do I have to get my nand backups and put them on the sd card? Do I have to start the whole modding process over again?

Well you need to reformat the sd card , and then redo the atmosphere / Hekate files setup. Recuva won't do you much, you better off starting fresh. Might wanna h2testw your sd card

Reactions: binkinator

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yes, because Nintendo already has information on the state your console is currently in so if you return to a previous state by an eMMC backup, Nintendo will notice the logs don't match and potentially flag you for a ban.
Is there anything else I can do like emunand or is the console pretty much doomed to be banned if I ever go online?

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brand new to the switch scene. I have a unpatched v1 switch, rcm loader/jig and sd card...

I'm Half way through this YT video's instructions

Changed Dns, installed updated Atmosphere, Hekate, and Tegrarcm on SD card and computer but didn't hook up switch with rcm loader or computer.

Then I second guessed myself; instead would it be better if I just follow https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sd_preparation/

or use

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything else I can do like emunand or is the console pretty much doomed to be banned if I ever go online?
If you make an emuMMC partition now, it will be a copy of your sysMMC so that won't help. There's nothing you can do if you've already gone online because Nintendo has already received info pertaining to your console. Just don't do anything drastic that would cause a data mismatch against their servers.
Brand new to the switch scene. I have a unpatched v1 switch, rcm loader/jig and sd card...

I'm Half way through this YT video's instructions

Changed Dns, installed updated Atmosphere, Hekate, and Tegrarcm on SD card and computer but didn't hook up switch with rcm loader or computer.

Then I second guessed myself; instead would it be better if I just follow https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sd_preparation/

or use

Well, at least you eventually realized that following a text based tutorial is better than a written one. However neither of the ones you linked I would recommend. Instead, I advise you to use this text guide instead.

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you need to reformat the sd card , and then redo the atmosphere / Hekate files setup. Recuva won't do you much, you better off starting fresh. Might wanna h2testw your sd card
Ok so if I do the setup from scratch then I’m only using Recuva to save game data? Or what am I going to salvage from the corrupt card

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok sorry about that. So if I recover the data, then format to FAT32, then move that data back onto the microSD it will all work the same still?

I don’t remember much of the tutorial from setting CFW up. Is FAT32 preferred or exFAT? Is one of these needed for CFW atmosphere/hekate?
Recuva is a last ditch effort to attempt to recover…anything. Sometimes you get lucky and can find a few things. It[s typically better to,just start over as you will be fighting against weird things possibly caused by corruption.

When you format your SDCard with something like rufus make sure you select non-bootable, FAT32 and 32k block size.

If you want to try to recover game saves you can check out this tutorial.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/

Other than you will need to reformat this SDCard as @Hayato213 mentioned above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZLRDMXX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=...