Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a few questions I wanted answered before proceeding to mod my own switch I already know is hackable.

1. I want to get a new one since I need online and im the one paying for the family plan. how well has nintendo been dishing out bans? I don't plan on using my hacked switch online once i get the new one with better battery life.

2. I have seen many videos and updates of people getting some gamecube games (particularly super smash bros melee) to run fairly well on hacked nintendo switches. What is the current state of that emulation scene, or where would I be able to find out more information on the state of that scene?

this is now a more elaborate question in its own thread, with the primary question here:

"So I used to be pretty into 3DS hacking back when I used my 3DS a lot, but now I am on my switch and I am trying to make a decision on hacking it. First, my current switch I have is 100% hackable (bought it one month after the switch was released), and I am the current one paying for a family plan for online (many of my friends and cousins have nintendo switch consoles), so I need to make sure that online functionality on "A switch that i own" is not compromised in any way. From what I have read, Nintendo has stepped up their ban game from the 3ds, and that EmuNAND can help protect against a ban? (correct me if im wrong there), but at the same time, wal-mart's black friday deal for the new switch is an option for me as well, to have a hacked and unhacked switch (as the newer one comes with better battery life too). I am trying to decide mainly if I should hack my current switch and do everything in EmuNAND, or if I should have a second console to ensure that no bans occur."

Last edited by TimX24968B,

Ridhwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this sounds weird but is there anyone here that lives in Sydney, Australia? I want to homebrew my switch and I don't trust myself to do it. If possible could I get someone here to help me through the process. I will even pay you for your time. Of course this is all depended on whether we can do this or not. I do know from what I have managed to research my switch may or may not be patched. I checked my serial number and its in the orange area. It is stating that I must try the Fusee Gelee exploit. However I do not know how to do this hence why I am in need of help.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know this sounds weird but is there anyone here that lives in Sydney, Australia? I want to homebrew my switch and I don't trust myself to do it. If possible could I get someone here to help me through the process. I will even pay you for your time. Of course this is all depended on whether we can do this or not. I do know from what I have managed to research my switch may or may not be patched. I checked my serial number and its in the orange area. It is stating that I must try the Fusee Gelee exploit. However I do not know how to do this hence why I am in need of help.

I'm in Melbourne at the moment for a week so if you were able to get here I could look and do it if it can

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide to getting both L4T and atmosphere/kosmos on the same switch, and being able to switch between the two fairly easily? (also according to the guide, kosmos just seems better than atmosphere, is this the case here?)

ElonStark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to hack my switch soon. Been reading up and it looks like my best plan is to backup my sysNAND and then use emuNAND for my CFW.

Question: How easy is it to switch back and forth between clean and dirty versions? Is it just a matter of swapping SD cards and booting with or without a jig? Or are there steps that need to be done to sanitize data? I have a kid who wants to play his copies of SMM2 and Minecraft online and I'm wondering if the process is something he can figure out or if he has to call dad every time he wants to play those two games. And if there's a simpler safe way to play those games online I'm missing let me know.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok so i dont need to enter the last digits of my serial code? Only the first part?
Only the first part.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm planning to hack my switch soon. Been reading up and it looks like my best plan is to backup my sysNAND and then use emuNAND for my CFW.

Question: How easy is it to switch back and forth between clean and dirty versions? Is it just a matter of swapping SD cards and booting with or without a jig? Or are there steps that need to be done to sanitize data? I have a kid who wants to play his copies of SMM2 and Minecraft online and I'm wondering if the process is something he can figure out or if he has to call dad every time he wants to play those two games. And if there's a simpler safe way to play those games online I'm missing let me know.
If you have a clean SysNAND and a dirty EmuNAND, you simply have to boot to the corresponding NAND. You don't need to switch sd cards. You use clean SysNAND for online and EmuNAND for offline.

Om3Ga1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK :D
But another question. Does it matter what system update number your Switch has or does only the serial number matters if i want to hack it?

Om3Ga1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So you r telling me only the serial number matters? Firmware is wayne?
For example if the Switch is shown not patched (green) but my Switch has 9.0.1 firmware can it be hacked?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you r telling me only the serial number matters? Firmware is wayne?
For example if the Switch is shown not patched (green) but my Switch has 9.0.1 firmware can it be hacked?
Like I said, it depends. In your example, it does not but if it happens to be patched, then your firmware determines if the console can be hacked. You can say the serial number is more important than the firmware but there are cases where the firmware matters.

MusicallyInspired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, that's right. I recently hacked my unpatched Switch and installed Atmosphere and an emuMMC and I was on 9.0.1. This is because the RCM exploit takes place before the operating system even boots up. Patched units fix the RCM exploit so in that scenario you're dependent on using a different exploit only under certain FW.

Last edited by MusicallyInspired,

koenergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an unpatched switch. which has smash bros installed from the eshop (and many other games). So I'll just follow the switch homebrew guide? I suppose playing online for backup games is a big no no since I would be banned. Is there a way to play online and not get banned? I heard that I need to change to emuMMC or NAND (not really sure). What does that mean?

MusicallyInspired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sysNAND (or sysMMC, same thing) is the onboard system memory that the Switch normally runs from. emuNAND (or emuMMC, same thing) is a copy that runs from your SD card. If you go online while running homebrew you will most likely get banned it's just a matter of time. The most popular route to take is to leave your sysMMC untouched and legit (not hacked) and make an emuMCC which will always be in airplane mode and never go online. So effectively it's like having two Switches on the same device. This way you can use all the homebrew you want and still have sysMMC to fall back on for all your legit games to play online without fear of getting banned. If you try to go online with homebrew you WILL be banned. Don't do it. Also if you accidentally or intentionally ever go online with emuMMC and get banned, your whole device is banned including sysMMC.

Reactions: TimX24968B

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sysNAND (or sysMMC, same thing) is the onboard system memory that the Switch normally runs from. emuNAND (or emuMMC, same thing) is a copy that runs from your SD card. If you go online while running homebrew you will most likely get banned it's just a matter of time. The most popular route to take is to leave your sysMMC untouched and legit (not hacked) and make an emuMCC which will always be in airplane mode and never go online. So effectively it's like having two Switches on the same device. This way you can use all the homebrew you want and still have sysMMC to fall back on for all your legit games to play online without fear of getting banned. If you try to go online with homebrew you WILL be banned. Don't do it. Also if you accidentally or intentionally ever go online with emuMMC and get banned, your whole device is banned including sysMMC.

does the guide (switch.homebrew.guide) install to sysNAND or emuNAND? it appears to install to sysnand, but correct me if im wrong on that, and how i would get it set up as you have mentioned

MusicallyInspired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed that guide for everything except emuMMC. For that I followed this guide. So basically, once you've injected the payload and launched Hekate that's when you do your sysMMC dump and emuMMC creation, then continue as normal and do everything on emuMMC. It's suggested to delete all your saved wi-fi connections and put it into total Airplane mode before you do your sysMMC backup and emuMMC creation so that when you launch emuMMC there are no wi-fi settings saved and it's already in airplane mode. Then you can just re-enable it when you launch in sysMMC. Just so there's no chance of emuMMC accidentally get connected anywhere after you've launched it.

Reactions: TimX24968B

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM