Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently got second nintendo switch which can run cfw, if i keep the old nintendo folder with all the games will these also show up on the new switch or doesnt this work?
No, only games installed to the system will show up.

I've got a Switch now, I linked my old account(never bought anything and it is tied to my hacked 3ds and wii u) but now I'm wondering if, before making any purchases, if I should create a new account instead, to avoid possible bans
Well account bans are far and few in between not to mention that there is no evidence Nintendo cross-bans people for having the same account on other hacked devices.

Reactions: Qwerty5555

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
early adopter here , trying to install the new yugioh game to my console, SX OS and cant seem to copy the game without it asking for an update

NemesisPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I enabled RCM by bridging pins 9 and 10 together. Did not realize that this is a potential way that users can get banned. Using EmuNAND with Incognito and 90DNS and have never taken my EmuNAND online. Took my sysNAND (no CFW) online to play smash. Is bridging pins 9&10 a confirmed way to get banned? Thanks. My jig is on the way.

Pin 9 and Pin 1 are ground, so it doesn't matter which you bridge. You can also bridge pin 10 to the metal heat sink at the top to enter RCM. As long as you remove the jig or whatever you use to short the pins after you enable RCM mode, then there should be no issues.

But you should never boot to horizon with shorted pins as Nintendo can detect the status of pin 10 while booting. But so far I haven't seen anybody banned for using this though.

Last edited by NemesisPrime,

Lordgarlick

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hello!
My question is this:

I'm running atmosphere and trying to play certain NSP's I installed like Plague inc. and Dead by Daylight which require a Nintendo account to be linked to my account.

I have Incognito and have a prodinfo backup from before I did the Incognito thingy.

If I restore this backup and link a nintendo account without opening any nsp's in the CFW and then delete the info with incognito again and be clear to play these games which insist on me having to link my account?
Can I never play this games?
Is there an easier way to bypass this nintendo link account thing?

Joeli53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I need to change my microSD card in my Switch, but I currently have a partition with emuNAND on SX OS. What's the best way to "clone" or duplicate or replace my card without having to reinstall everything? Specifically my save files.

Last edited by Joeli53,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
My question is this:

I'm running atmosphere and trying to play certain NSP's I installed like Plague inc. and Dead by Daylight which require a Nintendo account to be linked to my account.

I have Incognito and have a prodinfo backup from before I did the Incognito thingy.

If I restore this backup and link a nintendo account without opening any nsp's in the CFW and then delete the info with incognito again and be clear to play these games which insist on me having to link my account?
Can I never play this games?
Is there an easier way to bypass this nintendo link account thing?
You can either restore your backup and link a Nintendo Account online or use Kefir to link a fake account.

Reactions: Lordgarlick

pepoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I just installed lets sing for switch. I want to use my phone for microphone thru its app. However both the switch and the smartphone must be on the same network. Is there a way to get the switch on the same wifi but not get internet connection. Since i dont want to get accidentally banned. Thank you

itaital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have hacked my switch and install NSPs.
I want to use Emunand but not sure what to do I have clean backup
do I need to use it?
and what about the save files of my games?

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have some questions: Confused about current state of things. My launch model switch, I hacked it last year after online went paid-only. I think it was on one of the last firmware versions before 6.0 but for whatever reason, I don't see that information on my system settings screen anymore.

I have found that some NSPs do not install correctly. I've had it suggested to me that my tinfoil may be out of date, but then I've seen that there is some splitting on tinfoil in the last year, that different people are doing something related to it, but are not tied with the original group. Is that an accurate summary? If not, can someone set straight for me what exactly is going on with the switch homebrew setups these days? I basically just want to update my hack setup and knowledge so that I'm current for today's standards. No paid, so not interested in SXOS or whatever it was called that was being a sold solution. Thank you.

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone else had something like that happen to them ;

just the video stop , if i undock the switch in the menu itll stay on for a few second and then go back to black , if i get out of the menu then undock/dock it , i can continue playing until i go back in the menu .....

also the game is still running , sound work , i can go to the switch menu do everything just without video until i undock/dock it .

i think its my new tv causing this (no other tv atm), it has also happened on other games , like mario maker at random . i can make it happen on purpose by going in spyro's start button menu like in the video .

eoinzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought I knew how to avoid updating firmware.
I'm on "8.1.0|AMS 0.9.4|S" and just received an update nag. Not SuperNag, as I could still click "Start Software".

My router DNS is using 90DNS. My Switch has 90DNS hardcoded into the internet settings. In fact, my Switch has been left in sleep mode for a while (since Zelda LA was released).

Luckily I had GagOrder installed and ran that (which made the switch crash), and then it booted up again fine and there was no nag.
I've now put the Switch back into flight mode.

But I'm worried now that the Switch was openly talking with Big N, despite 90DNS being on both my switch and my router! Did I do something wrong here?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I just installed lets sing for switch. I want to use my phone for microphone thru its app. However both the switch and the smartphone must be on the same network. Is there a way to get the switch on the same wifi but not get internet connection. Since i dont want to get accidentally banned. Thank you
Use 90DNS

I have hacked my switch and install NSPs.
I want to use Emunand but not sure what to do I have clean backup
do I need to use it?
and what about the save files of my games?
EmuMMC is the easiest way to avoid a ban by separating CFW from legitimate online play. And since emuMMC is just a carbon copy of sysMMC, whatever save files are in sysMMC will be copied over into emuMMC. Otherwise without emuMMC, you will need to flash a clean NAND dump every time before you want to go online.

Have some questions: Confused about current state of things. My launch model switch, I hacked it last year after online went paid-only. I think it was on one of the last firmware versions before 6.0 but for whatever reason, I don't see that information on my system settings screen anymore.

I have found that some NSPs do not install correctly. I've had it suggested to me that my tinfoil may be out of date, but then I've seen that there is some splitting on tinfoil in the last year, that different people are doing something related to it, but are not tied with the original group. Is that an accurate summary? If not, can someone set straight for me what exactly is going on with the switch homebrew setups these days? I basically just want to update my hack setup and knowledge so that I'm current for today's standards. No paid, so not interested in SXOS or whatever it was called that was being a sold solution. Thank you.
So the original homebrew application Tinfoil stopped receiving updates from its developer Adubbz. Around the same time, another developer by the name of blawar/vertigo renamed his homebrew application DZ to Tinfoil. So in a way, there are now 2 applications named Tinfoil unfortunately.

I thought I knew how to avoid updating firmware.
I'm on "8.1.0|AMS 0.9.4|S" and just received an update nag. Not SuperNag, as I could still click "Start Software".

My router DNS is using 90DNS. My Switch has 90DNS hardcoded into the internet settings. In fact, my Switch has been left in sleep mode for a while (since Zelda LA was released).

Luckily I had GagOrder installed and ran that (which made the switch crash), and then it booted up again fine and there was no nag.
I've now put the Switch back into flight mode.

But I'm worried now that the Switch was openly talking with Big N, despite 90DNS being on both my switch and my router! Did I do something wrong here?
I mean unless you are actively using Internet settings, you do not really need 90DNS to prevent system updates from being downloaded. Airplane Mode or simply not having Wi-Fi settings can achieve the same goal.

eoinzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean unless you are actively using Internet settings, you do not really need 90DNS to prevent system updates from being downloaded. Airplane Mode or simply not having Wi-Fi settings can achieve the same goal.

I had always left the switch offline with no internet settings. Then I got sick of using USB, and swapping out the SD card etc. So I added 90DNS to my router. After I confirmed I was blocking N totally in my whole house, I setup a wifi connection on my switch, then I immediately changed the Switch DNS to use 90DNS, and did what I had to do with FTP. I then left the switch in the dock in sleep mode, with both 90DNS on the Switch and router.

But somehow it downloaded an update! Is 90DNS not designed to block updates?
BTW, I have airplane mode on now, and it'll stay on indefinitely.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had always left the switch offline with no internet settings. Then I got sick of using USB, and swapping out the SD card etc. So I added 90DNS to my router. After I confirmed I was blocking N totally in my whole house, I setup a wifi connection on my switch, then I immediately changed the Switch DNS to use 90DNS, and did what I had to do with FTP. I then left the switch in the dock in sleep mode, with both 90DNS on the Switch and router.

But somehow it downloaded an update! Is 90DNS not designed to block updates?
BTW, I have airplane mode on now, and it'll stay on indefinitely.
I mean you can check to see if 90DNS works on your Switch or if your ISP is hijacking the DNS if you read the GitLab page.

Joeli53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I need to change my microSD card in my Switch, but I currently have a partition on the card for emuNAND on SX OS. What's the best way to "clone" or duplicate or replace my card without having to reinstall everything from the beginning? Specifically my save files.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts, thanks.

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could someone pm or link me to how I can get my nsps to show up like xcis or is that not possible (using sx os) do nsp files have to be installed to sd card to be played? vs the xci being able to be mounted or loaded right off the external hdd? thanks theres quite a few e-shop nsp rls games I would really like to play at this point and before I have only been booting xcis, thanks !

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
could someone pm or link me to how I can get my nsps to show up like xcis or is that not possible (using sx os) do nsp files have to be installed to sd card to be played? vs the xci being able to be mounted or loaded right off the external hdd? thanks theres quite a few e-shop nsp rls games I would really like to play at this point and before I have only been booting xcis, thanks !

That's the whole point, nsp are install files. While XCIS is a direct copy/replicate of a game card.

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I've got a CFW 6.2 running atmo offline for months now :yayswitch: and ordered a Lite for online (and because I just wanted one).
I've got a good backup (clean OFW 6.2) but want to run the latest games. Going online is not necessary yet, but it's nice to keep this option open for the future.
What's the easiest (or best) option for me?
A: use choi and update it to CWF 9.0.1 preserving fuses?
I'm thinking if I do it this way I won't have to reinstall all my nsp's and leaving the option to go back to stock 6.2, or am I wrong in thinking this?
Alternatively:
B: Restore backup, update OFW to 9.0.1, emunand CFW 9.0.1
C: Restore backup, leave OFW at 6.2, emunand CFW 9.0.1
Suggestions? Option D?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-