1. LuigiSuperStarSaga

LuigiSuperStarSaga GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    My switch won't boot after updating Atmos. EXFat.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Format your SD card to FAT32.

3. LuigiSuperStarSaga

Brazil
  4. Fishhook

Fishhook Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is it safe yet to update my FW to 9.0 using SX 2.9.1, or are there still enough bugs that I should stay on FW 8.0? I want to play DQ11 and Ori blind forest which need FW 9.0

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  5. Chino

Chino Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anybody have any recent experience with going online with an edited save file for Splatoon 2?

I did it over a year ago and that switch hasn't been banned yet, this was before Atmosphere was released I believe. Booted homebrew on Sysnand, extracted/restored save (Edited the gear specifically) and went online (after restarting and being in airplane mode with telementery blocked for the process.) From looking around the forums it seems others have succeeded in not being banned, but it's a bit outdated.

6. phazer

phazer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    Hi all,

my Switch is running 6.1.0 ReiNX. To inject payload in RCM mode I am still using ReiNX.bin 1.60.
    Question: Is it recommended to update anything? Can I simply use the recent ReiNX.bin 2.4 as payload when I need to inject payload?

7. lpprc810

lpprc810 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    So anyone having the issue installing NSP's via the lastest ver of Kosmos using Goldleaf.

Error: 2145-0001 (0x291)
    Module:ETicket (145)
    Here are a few things I did to resolve this,

- I reformatted my SD to Fat32 @ 32kb cluster
    - I then put all the Kosmos (v14.2 paradise city) files back onto my SD with the clean format
    - Next, I browsed the atmosphere folder for the kip_patches folder and deleted the stock patches it came with and replaced them with the newest Sigpatches I found on the interwebzz
    - After that I loaded Atmosphere back up and repeated the original install process where I ran into the Errors of selected nsp and everything worked this time with no issues.

cheers,
    Hope this help some
    Lpprc

8. Chino

Chino Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
  9. Ratatattat

Ratatattat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Confused and search give me no relief. OSW 4.1. Created partition emunand and updated to 8.1. Now when launching .xci vi SXOS launcher I get "Insert the Game Card" or "A New Update is Available it will be down loaded now". Options Start/Download/Cancel. Can't insert game card because its virtual. What happens if I click download?
    My cartridge slot should be the same as original at 4.1 since I used ChoiDujourNX. This happens with most games. Any Ideas?

10. valp

valp GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hey dudes, I have a question.
    My switch was on 7.0.1, autorcm, cfw. Fuses were still the count of 4.0.1, no emummc.
    So, I restored it to the clean nand backup from the time I bought it (4.0.1).
    I followed the tutorial and now have clean sysnand 4.0.1 and emummc 4.0.1 with cfw, no autorcm.

The question is: if I use choi to upgrade the emummc to 8.1 and not enable autorcm, will fuses be burned? Will the sysnand (that remains 4.0.1) still boot normally (if I want to use the web)? Will I be able to eventually upgrade to a better emunand mechanism?

Or do I have to keep autorcm on if I intend to keep sysnand on a lower firmware than the emummc?

11. valiantheart18

Newcomer

United States
    I was reading through the IP notices, and found out FreeBSD was on there (taking up a considerable amount, may I add). Is there any reason for it being on there?

12. Qwerty5555

Qwerty5555 Member
    Newcomer

Afghanistan
    is there a different way to change the avatar of the nintendo account on fw 9.0? I tried avatool, but when i want to change it again i get a error and crash.

13. shawn_

shawn_ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I recently purchased a new in box unpatched switch on OFW 2.2.0 and would like to run Atmosphere on emunand. Is it recommended to update sysnand to latest OFW prior to following the NH Switch Guide to install CFW?

14. choudhury

choudhury Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I have deleted the game so it’s not in software

15. Johnny Dunlop

Johnny Dunlop Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi Everyone,

No RCM device detected
    RCM Device detected
    Preset "PAYLOAD_FILE" set to : D:\Downloads\Nintendo Switch\Files for SD\hekate_ctcaer_5.0.2_Nyx_0.8.2\hekate_ctcaer_5.0.2.bin
    Invoking TegraRcmSmash.exe with args : "D:\Downloads\Nintendo Switch\Files for SD\hekate_ctcaer_5.0.2_Nyx_0.8.2\hekate_ctcaer_5.0.2.bin"
    TegraRcmSmash (32bit) 1.2.1-3 by rajkosto
    Opened USB device path \\?\usb#vid_0955&pid_7321#5&16b1ae89&0&1#{aa0dbd45-3117-f331-5c49-76bf65225042}
    RCM Device with id 808504140000000C46C8456401101062 initialized successfully!
    Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 124395, total size: 190611, total padded size: 192512)...
    Smashing the stack!
    Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte SETUP request!
    Payload successfully injected

Switch Serial Number:
    XAW1011

Firmware Version:

Am I boned? =(

Thanks!

16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    It's probably patched. If it is patched and on 9.0.0, there's a chance it will never be hackable.

17. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I've tried a couple different copies of the games and still get the "the software closed because an error occurred" error!
    Links awakening still doesn't complete the install and I left it for more then 2hrs! The goose game completes install but still doesn't work. I don't know what to try now.

Is there any other app I can use to install games other then quark?

18. LuigiSuperStarSaga

Brazil
    Are there any HID-MITM alternatives that work with latest Atmos?

19. theamazingted

theamazingted Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm on official FW 8.1.0 and have Atmosphere 0.9.4 installed. I have a 128gb sd card set up with multiple partitions, and set up my EmuMMC with some nsp backups.

When I was installing some larger nsp files using Quark/Goldleaf the other day it looks like a system update was downloaded (but not installed). I am now unable to launch any games/homebrew apps when in EmuMMC as the Switch just pops up with a "Ready to start system update" notification and wants me to install the update. I'm guessing I shouldn't be installing this update if I wish to stay on my CFW, correct? Is this system update stored somewhere on the SD card that I can delete so I can maintain my current firmware and access my games/apps? Or is there some sort of maintenance mode to clear downloaded system updates on the EmuMMC like you can for the stock firmware? Thanks.

20. Qwerty5555

Qwerty5555 Member
    Newcomer

Afghanistan
    Is there a simple guide/tool to create ur own themes for the switch? (just static background image)?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH