SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. giovany86

giovany86 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    France
    Any software (free) recommandation to backup the raw partition (EmuNAND) on windows 10 ?

2. Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2009
    United Kingdom

Sounds good but not sure how to go about it, I notice HBG has a lot of folders and seemingly includes a forked version of atmosphere that I'm not sure I even want to use if necessary, or is the tinfoil folder all I need and I should swap the nro with the patched one?

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The tinfoil folder is all you need, and you should swap the nro with the one I provided. You will also need a mod_config.ini, like the one provided here. It also goes in the tinfoil folder.

4. Christian Rosado

Christian Rosado GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I tried gettin incognito but the tutorial was using reinx on sys nand. Is there a guide that uses incognito on atmosphere/ kosmos that works on emu nand? something like that? thank you

5. Christian Rosado

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    okay, I was able to run incognito and get my Prodinfo backups. Now what? is this a one time thing I do? Can i just boot up on hekate emu as normally or do I need to do this everytime I boot up? thank you

6. JediAviator

JediAviator Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    United States
    Can I do a system transfer all my games save data from my old switch to the new switch lite with out messing with the CFW on the old switch? Don't want to have the switch lite hacked, but I want my NNID and saves to transfer to the new system with out any problems.

7. JediAviator
    This message by JediAviator has been removed from public view by Chary, Sep 22, 2019.
    Sep 22, 2019
  8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Assuming they are booting "Stock" mode, then they are trying to avoid burning fuses but want to boot into a mode without CFW. Stock is not truly OFW as Stock mode through a custom bootloader bypasses the fuse check thereby potentially telling Nintendo you have a mismatched fuse count. However there is no evidence Nintendo currently checks for this.

1. Warmboot is an exploit that is launched while the console is already on. An example is Deja Vu which is launched through the browser and you cannot launch the browser without turning the console on
    2. Currently, the only CFW that can manage this is SX OS and that is only with .XCI files. They offer support for installing .NSP files from an HDD but they do not allow for installation to HDD
    When you are running CFW, the console's Reboot option is replaced with reboot_to_payload and reboots to the payload named "reboot_to_payload.bin" in your CFW folder.

Make sure you are running the latest version of ReiNX with ReiNX.bin on the root of your SD card.

Lower firmware versions have access to potentially better exploits such as untethered coldboot. However since we can update without burning fuses, thereby allowing us to downgrade back to the firmware before the update, there is not much need to stay on lower firmware versions. emuMMC can accomplish the same thing by duplicating your eMMC onto your SD card which you can update freely without burning fuses or AutoRCM.

The only other clean way to update to firmware 8.1 is by performing a local game update with another console that has a game on a higher version as well as running firmware 8.1

As long as you are not transferring any hacked/edited save files, there is no risk. After all, majority of bans are console-based not account-based.

System updates are only required if a game requires that firmware version or if you wish to play online. Firmware version plays no part in accessing the exploit as it is a hardware-based one meaning the software does not affect how the exploit works. I do recommend not updating to firmware 9.0 until CFW & homebrew offer better support for it. If you need a good tutorial, I can recommend you this
    No, simply restore your backup then if your fuse count exceeds the expected count of 4.1, then you will need to enable AutoRCM. If the fuse count matches, then you do not need AutoRCM. You can check the list of firmware versions and their expected fuse counts here and you can check your fuse count with Hekate.

As long as you are not transferring any hacked/edited save files, there is no risk. After all, majority of bans are console-based not account-based.

Zaxxx likes this.
  9. Azmort

Azmort GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2015
    Mexico
    So, after creating my new Emunand (on 9.0) I cannot longer use my carts, Sysnand and Emunand I got an error saying "Unable to start software" I deactivated the Auto no GC option, but it still doesn't work.

10. delta nite

delta nite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2010
    United States
    I was running OFW on 8.1 and AMS 0.9.3 on 8.0.1 emuMMC.

I updated OFW to 9.0 through Nintendo's servers and updated AMS to 0.9.4. AMS wouldn't boot emuMMC after updating if I had any cart inserted. I heard 9.0 changed the way carts are read. Does this mean I won't ever be able to play carts on emuMMC again?

11. Zddddd

Zddddd Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2019
    Malaysia
    If switch using cfw go online will risk of ban, but why they is homebrew store that allow to download games directly on the switch? Gold leaf also included a web browser. Is there any safe way to use these features?

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Firmware 9.0 included an update for the gamecart controller that when applied renders the cartridge slot unusable on any firmware below 9.0

You can use something like 90DNS to block the Nintendo-related traffic but still use non-Nintendo online functions such as the homebrew app store.

13. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    anybody knows whether play time is tied to game save or user profile? and if there's homebrew to view or better backup/restore play time?

14. Zddddd

Zddddd Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2019
    Malaysia
    I see, will look into the 90DNS. I saw someone say can use FTP to transfer file, can you advise me how to transfer screenshots to pc/mobile device without usb connection?

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I don't really use FTP to move stuff because tools like nxmtp are faster and more stable plus do not require Wi-Fi settings reducing the chances of an accidental update.

16. Zddddd

Zddddd Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2019
    Malaysia
    Is it something similar with gold leaf? Where can I get this nxmtp?

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
  18. Zddddd

Zddddd Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2019
    Malaysia
  19. Christian Rosado

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    So I have kosmos/emu nand running on 9.0
    I noticed all my legit games (including downloads) are shown not installed on emu nand cfw. I can only see the icon. Is this normal, how can I access them on emu? Also are we still that problem where cartridges dont work on 9.0? Thanks

20. dizz00

dizz00 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Are there any sure ways to know if a brand new switch is hackable? I read the guide, I understand that if fusee glee is unpatched then all fw is hackable, and if it's patched only fw 4.10 and below is hackable. How can I know if at least the fw is below 4.10? Is all old model come with fw below 4.10?

Edit: Is it better to buy newer model with longer battery life and wait for it to become hackable or nah?

Last edited by dizz00, Sep 23, 2019
  21. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    You can check if your switch is patched here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
    Don't buy a new switch (extended battery life) if you want to hack your switch.

22. CapCaveman

CapCaveman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2018
    Sweden
    Hey, everyone! It's been a while!

I never went online with my console, and have a couple of questions related to the registration process for Nintendo Switch Online (NSO).

As you may know, Twitch Prime is offering a 1-year subscription to NSO, and the deal expires tomorrow (September 24). Since I'm already signed up for Amazon Prime, I wanted to benefit from that promotion.

My Switch is a launch model that's still running firmware 1.0.0 on its SysNAND/OFW. I use SX OS, and the device is currently running 6.2.0 on the EmuNAND/CFW. A proper, clean backup was made before ever installing SX OS and updating the console (using ChoiDuJourNX, as to not burn any fuses).

The registration process for NSO must be completed on the Switch itself, using the eShop. From what I understand, to use the eShop, you need to be on the latest firmware, is that correct?

So, is there any way to update the SysNAND/OFW without burning any fuses? And, if so, would I be able to downgrade back to 1.0.0 later?

The idea is to go online without any risks (on SysNAND/OFW) and be able to run the eShop, as to complete the NSO registration process and have access to the NES and SNES games available, while still leaving the option open to revert to 1.0.0.

Last edited by CapCaveman, Sep 23, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted