Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Safest and easiest ways to install NSPs?
I have kosmos with sigpatches installed?
So what do i have to do after downloading an NSP?

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do a clean install meaning remove any ReiNX folders and files from your SD card then put the new files on. If that doesn't work, do the same process but with one of the nightly versions from the guide.

I've got a 400GB memory card. Is it possible to move the NIntendo directory off the sd card, andjust replace it later, or do all NSP's need to be reinstalled and saves backed up?

I've already tried fully deleting the ReiNX folder and .bin and replacing them with the stable build, and it won't load. I can load Atmosphere, and can play games. Not tried Atmosphere before. It's fine with games on the SD card, but the game card is unreadable. Is this normal?

SAMAGIRUS

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Guys some qeustions:

Have Switch on 3.0.1 and its runs REINX with the RCMLoader.
1. Question i need Firmware 6.2.0 to run Super Smash?
i need to Update the Firmware?

2.Problem i can only use FAT32 cards because when i stick a SDXH card it wanna make a Update.
I hear about Update to last 6.2.0 Firmware with ChoiDujourNX.
Update the Switch or better stand on 3.0.1?

thanks!

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
With Stealth Mode, you're kind of protected from a ban since that is the whole purpose of Stealth Mode; to use wireless services such as FTP safely. Your only other alternative is to convert the .XCI files into .NSP format then use something like USB install to install the new .NSP files.

Thanks for the response @Draxzelex

I actually copied full sized XCI files to an external exfat USB drive and then used USB install via SX installer to copy them to the Fat32 MicroSD.. so they have been split automatically during installation.

In general how can you tell if games are now installed as NSPs or XCIs?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Safest and easiest ways to install NSPs?
I have kosmos with sigpatches installed?
So what do i have to do after downloading an NSP?
Kosmos should have come up with a .NSP file installer. It will differ based on what version of Kosmos you downloaded.

I've got a 400GB memory card. Is it possible to move the NIntendo directory off the sd card, andjust replace it later, or do all NSP's need to be reinstalled and saves backed up?

I've already tried fully deleting the ReiNX folder and .bin and replacing them with the stable build, and it won't load. I can load Atmosphere, and can play games. Not tried Atmosphere before. It's fine with games on the SD card, but the game card is unreadable. Is this normal?
Yeah you can just temporarily move the Nintendo folder off of the SD card. Unless you're using a Mac, the Nintendo folder can be moved freely off and on the SD card.

Hi Guys some qeustions:

Have Switch on 3.0.1 and its runs REINX with the RCMLoader.
1. Question i need Firmware 6.2.0 to run Super Smash?
i need to Update the Firmware?

2.Problem i can only use FAT32 cards because when i stick a SDXH card it wanna make a Update.
I hear about Update to last 6.2.0 Firmware with ChoiDujourNX.
Update the Switch or better stand on 3.0.1?

thanks!
  1. Smash requires a firmware of 5.1. I recommend updating your firmware with the homebrew application, ChoiDujourNX
  2. See above
Thanks for the response @Draxzelex

I actually copied full sized XCI files to an external exfat USB drive and then used USB install via SX installer to copy them to the Fat32 MicroSD.. so they have been split automatically during installation.

In general how can you tell if games are now installed as NSPs or XCIs?
Visually, it would be impossible. If it was installed as a legitimate raw .NSP file, then it would have a ticket associated with it which you can only check with a homebrew application such as Goldleaf or Tinfoil. .XCI files don't have any tickets associated with them because they are .XCI files

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
@Draxzelex
I have the latest version of Kosmos 11.9.
So If i installed Nsps via Goldleaf or Tinfoil.
Will i Be banned? Also i have sigpatches as well
what are the chances of getting banned?
Not being online whatsover

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex
I have the latest version of Kosmos 11.9.
So If i installed Nsps via Goldleaf or Tinfoil.
Will i Be banned? Also i have sigpatches as well
what are the chances of getting banned?
Not being online whatsover
.NSP files carry an amount of risk higher than most other hacks such as homebrew or LayeredFS but not everyone who used .NSP files have been banned as bans are random.

Budman258

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get a switch that I can mod. Do I go around different stores looking at the serial numbers using guide provided? Or what? Im trying to understand my best options. I see Walmart has Mario Tennis bundle

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get a switch that I can mod. Do I go around different stores looking at the serial numbers using guide provided? Or what? Im trying to understand my best options. I see Walmart has Mario Tennis bundle
Pretty much. You compare the serial number on the box to the serial numbers posted in the pinned thread in this subsection, or in the guide that you mentioned. Firmware doesn't really matter with the current exploit (except for 7.0 which breaks CFW which is a separate issue from the exploit). The current exploit is hardware-based which we determine via the serial number.

Budman258

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much. You compare the serial number on the box to the serial numbers posted in the pinned thread in this subsection, or in the guide that you mentioned. Firmware doesn't really matter with the current exploit (except for 7.0 which breaks CFW which is a separate issue from the exploit). The current exploit is hardware-based which we determine via the serial number.

Great thanks! Any suggestions to help narrow the search?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great thanks! Any suggestions to help narrow the search?
Its kind of hard to make any recommendations here as it will greatly vary on your area and stock. Like if a lot of people buy consoles, then its more likely that no old Switches are left increasing your chances of buying a patched unit. If you don't have any luck in your local area, you can always try buying a used console online from a place like eBay or Amazon. If you don't care for online play and want a guarantee its hackable, checking for only banned consoles can make your life a lot easier as a console can only be banned if its hackable.

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Kosmos should have come up with a .NSP file installer. It will differ based on what version of Kosmos you downloaded.

Yeah you can just temporarily move the Nintendo folder off of the SD card. Unless you're using a Mac, the Nintendo folder can be moved freely off and on the SD card.

1. Smash requires a firmware of 5.1. I recommend updating your firmware with the homebrew application, ChoiDujourNX
  2. See above
Visually, it would be impossible. If it was installed as a legitimate raw .NSP file, then it would have a ticket associated with it which you can only check with a homebrew application such as Goldleaf or Tinfoil. .XCI files don't have any tickets associated with them because they are .XCI files

Interestingly I have noticed that one game I installed from MicroSD has a small cartridge icon next to the title, I am unable to delete it from the home page as it errors with "please eject cartridge first" .. the other games don't have this cartridge icon so thought that may indicate if installed as XCI / NSP , will checkout goldleaf, thanks

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hello Everyone,
Can someone (safely) guide me how to play NSP switch games with the latest updates and dlc like mario kart or zelda.
I want to keep my ban chance to a minimum so can someone tell me.
Also I have created a nand full backup and have dumped my keys all of them and have used lockpick to get 121 keys.
So any safe way to install and keep my ban chances low.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello Everyone,
Can someone (safely) guide me how to play NSP switch games with the latest updates and dlc like mario kart or zelda.
I want to keep my ban chance to a minimum so can someone tell me.
Also I have created a nand full backup and have dumped my keys all of them and have used lockpick to get 121 keys.
So any safe way to install and keep my ban chances low.

firmware 6.2 - dont go online - 90dns - goldleaf/tinfoil

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Whats the use of 90DNS if im not even connected to the internet and my switch is on airplane mode. Lol.

better safe than sorry lol

but as long as you don't plan on turning airplane mode off, you should be fine

but yeah clean nand backup done before you launched cfw which it sounds like you did, and not going online are the best thing you can do

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
better safe than sorry lol

but as long as you don't plan on turning airplane mode off, you should be fine

but yeah clean nand backup done before you launched cfw which it sounds like you did, and not going online are the best thing you can do
Also whats the thing about titlekeys.
I mean do i have to use them as well and sigpatches?
what do these even do.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also whats the thing about titlekeys.
I mean do i have to use them as well and sigpatches?
what do these even do.

Titlekeys don't matter

biskeys matter (console unique, dumped with biskeydump)
masterkeys can be shared between consoles (dumped with lockpick)
sigpatches are included by default with reinx and kosmos
default atmosphere doesn't include them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1