SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. pepoy

pepoy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2006
    when will my dumped nand files be useless? im planning to update to 6.2 (currently on 6.0) using ChoiDujourNX. however, if i accidentally burn fuses, will i still be able to use my old dumped nand files to restore my switch in the future? thanks

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    All custom bootloaders bypass the fuse check by default so you can technically load any firmware you want. Meaning you can still boot your NAND backup even if your fuses are burnt; it'll just involve more steps to boot it.

3. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    Question regarding SD cards.
    I'm 4.1. and I never put in a SC card. So I heard that the Switch needs an seperate update for SDXC cards.
    So what's the best way to approach this? Is there a way to install this update offline?

I thought about using ChoiDujourNX to update to 6.2 and download the update but:
    1. I don't want to go online with the Switch.
    2. Would the update even stay if I downgrade to 4.1 again later on?

4. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006
    Question about cfw. My switch is on 3.0.1. I just made a nand backup and will now enable autoRCM and run atmosphere after

Will i burn fuses this way?

Last edited by Ninn, Dec 26, 2018
  5. CapCaveman

CapCaveman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2018
    Sweden
    I still haven't linked my Nintendo Account to the Switch.

It was mentioned on this thread that having a linked Nintendo Account is required for some games and applications to run.

What is the right way to do it?

My setup:

- emuNAND on 6.2.0 (SX OS 2.4.1)
    - sysNAND on 1.0.0

My understanding is that I should never go online while on emuNAND/CFW/SX OS. And Stealth mode or 90DNS would make connecting to Nintendo's servers impossible.

However, is it even possible to connect and link Nintendo Accounts on firmware 1.0.0, if I boot into the sysNAND/OFW/Horizon?

If it is, indeed, possible, would I be risking a ban, burning fuses, forcing an official update or anything of the sort?

Also, my previous question still hasn't been answered:

I reread some of @Draxzelex's previous posts, and I think I know why my fuses weren't burned when the system booted into the sysNAND/OFW/Horizon: because I only updated the system on emuNAND/CFW/SX OS (using ChoiDuJourNX).

This is Draxzelex's explanation:

I'm still not sure why the system rebooted into the sysNAND/OFW/Horizon after ChoiNX was done with the update, though.

AutoRCM was enabled, so it should have rebooted into RCM and given me a black screen, since the dongle with the payload wasn't connected, no?

Speaking of AutoRCM, I enabled it in SX OS's bootloader after the initial scare. But is it even required, if my sysNAND is still on 1.0.0?

Even if I accidentally booted into the sysNAND (not via RCM/bootloader), the fuse count would still match the system version (1 and 1.0.0, respectively). And since I plan on using Sleep Mode to "turn off" my system, I was thinking about disabling AutoRCM.

I know how to do that on SX OS's bootloader, but what about ChoiNX's alleged AutoRCM? Is there any way to check if it's really enabled? And if so, can I disable it?

6. mousan

mousan GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Hello everyone..I have a switch updated from original FW 6.0.1 to 6.1 via choidujour with 7 burnt fuses. I use exclusively reinx as cfw so the question now that it's now compatible with 6.2 can I upgrade with choidujour? Especially when a lot of updates or games require 6.2 FW. Thank you

7. CapCaveman

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2018
    Sweden
    I'm not Draxzelex, but I believe I've learned enough to help you guys. :)

Yes, you can update offline using ChoiDuJourNX. Just install the desired firmware version (or reinstall the one you're currently in) and choose the exFAT option to apply the patch.

1. No need to go online if you're using ChoiDuJourNX, as mentioned above.
    2. The patch doesn't "stick" and has to be reapplied with each update.

Also, you may want to consider just using your microSD card formatted as FAT32, as it prevents corruption and is generally safer. There are ways to circumvent its limitations, and if you're installing backups/homebrew via USB, you don't even have to worry about them.

After backing up your clean NAND, update using ChoiDuJourNX, that way you won't burn any fuses. ChoiDuJourNX also enables AutoRCM by default, so you should be good to go after the update.

It requires a CFW to load, since it's a homebrew application. Boot into your CFW of choice using your bootloader of choice, run ChoiDuJourNX and install the desired firmware.

As long as you update using ChoiDuJourNX (not regular ChoiDuJour, which can't update to 6.2.0), you should be safe (meaning, you won't burn any more fuses). Booting into CFW using a bootloader will never burn fuses.

Draxzelex, hallo23 and mousan like this.
  8. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2006
    Ok, So fisrt i enable autoRCM then boot atmosphere and from there run ChoiDuJourNX to update my Firmware right?

Just want to make sure to not burn some fuses :unsure:

9. CapCaveman

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2018
    Sweden
    Back up your clean NAND before doing anything else. By "clean", I mean you should've never loaded a CFW or used any kind of homebrew before.

To do so, boot into RCM (using any method, like a jig), inject CTCaer-Hekate as a payload (again, using your preferred method) and follow the instructions in this guide.

After you've backed up your clean NAND, you can proceed to booting into your CFW of choice, and then running ChoiDuJourNX from there. ChoiDuJourNX enables AutoRCM by default after you update, so there's no need to do that via RCM (unless you're running SX OS's emuNAND, but that's a separate issue).

There are other methods for updating your firmware without burning fuses. Regular ChoiDuJour (not NX) is one, but more complicated. Updating officially and then rebooting into RCM is another, but a lot riskier. I'd go with ChoiDuJourNX (more info here).

Last edited by CapCaveman, Dec 26, 2018
  10. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    @CapCaveman oh thanks for the answer! Good to know that ChoiDuJour has this thing build in :o

Wait so you can install things through the USB port of the Switch?
    That makes things way more convenient. Guess fat32 is really best format here.

CapCaveman likes this.
  11. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2006
    Can I update to latest FW 6.2.0 without burning fuses? And if that is possible are there any issues in doing so? Been away for a while and I've read some stories about not being able to sleep or so

12. Tekimoto

Tekimoto Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2018
    Austria
    No I do not see the Hekate logo when I inject Hekate. The hekate menu just appears

13. Troll1011

Troll1011 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I made a kips folder in the atmosphere folder. I put sys netcheat in there. I booted into atmosphere i tried opening one of my games which was on a cartridge. It came with atmosphere error screen came. i booted back to atmosphere to try open a game which was installed as a nsp. Same thing an error came. Then, I opened albums to see if hbmenu was working but the same thing happened. I deleted the kips folder and now everything is working fine. I thought adding a kips folder to atmosphere would allow me to add the sys netcheat kip. Is there another way to do it?

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The homebrew application ChoiDujourNX is the premier program to update to any firmware without burning fuses. The sleep mode issue is when people tried to put the console into sleep when running a firmware lower than the fuse count. However all CFW now support sleep mode if the firmware is lower than the fuse count.

No CFW uses a "kips" folder. Vanilla Atmosphere doesn't load the kips externally; instead they are all baked into fusee-secondary. With Kosmos, all of the kips are located in the "modules" folder (which sys-net cheat says is where to add the kip).

15. Troll1011

Troll1011 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Then how do you do it on atmosphere?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Although they state Atmosphere supports loading external kips, I don't see any documentation on how to do that. In that case, you'll have to use something that has documentation on how to boot custom kips such as ReiNX or Kosmos.

17. zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2018
    Netherlands
    Not sure if its the right place to ask, but since its a switch controller in the end i will ask it though..

I transferred my eevee to my pokebal plus but its not making any sounds or something to let me know it is even inside? it just tries to connect to the switch, any tips?

Its not muted or anything, i tested that already.

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I just Googled Pokeball Plus and found a reddit thread with a lot of useful information about it. From the thread:

zerohealinzz likes this.
  19. Nasz

Nasz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    United States
    Not sure if there is something wrong with my switch or my sd card. I formated my 128 gig sd to fat32, have the latest file for homerew and got into hekate no probelm. But when I tried to launnch custom firmare, its sayong that I have no file into it to launch it even though there are file on it. When I check it on my laptop, the file were deleted (the files that are within the files on the root of my sd card The file on the root are still there.) Not sure what do. Any advice is very appreciated.

20. randomgbanoob123

randomgbanoob123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2018
    United States
    How much should I pay for another switch tablet? Ebay has then listed at 230 which seems ridiculous...