Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

kraoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a migrate emuMMC option. What happens when you try clicking that?
Well, now I can't try anything because the Switch won't boot up at all, in either normal or RCM mode, even after trying to charge the battery overnight. This is really frustrating becuase now I don't know what's going on. OK, so originally, I assumed it was either the SD card or the SD reader that had failed, since I hadn't made any hardware or software changes of any kind before the emuNand stopped working. So I bought a new SD card to test it, since I wanted to get a larger card anyway, and it was a much faster and easier test than replacing the reader. I managed to successfully transfer my NAND stuff to the new, larger card, but none of my installed games transferred over, but CFW was working and all that jazz. I didn't want to redownload the library, so I was going to try migrating the emuMMC folder from the old card to the new. I thought I had left the Switch in Sleep Mode while my PC was transferring everything to the new card while I went off to work. When I got home from work, the Switch was dead. So now I'm wondering if the battery failed. And if the battery failed, and had failed back when my Switch originally crashed a few days ago, would that have any effect on the emuNAND no longer working? Could a bad battery that resulted in power loss in the middle of the game mess with the NAND stuff happening in the background while running CFW?

Oh, I should clarify, that the Switch not booting is unrelated to any of your advice or suggestions. Obviously I'm not implying that trying to migrate or backup emuMMC in some way caused my Switch to no longer boot.

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A quick one. I bought a used patched v1, I paid a shop soldered picofly and have them mod it. At present is says Current Version 10.0.2|AMS 1.5.2|E I was wondering how do I update it? I ran a search and saw a tutorial on HOS, hekate and Atmosphere but I'm not sure if I need to do all that?

Elpoep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a launch Switch with a faulty fan, I need to get it serviced because the system will overheat and suspend itself to avoid damage.
I want to send it into Nintendo UK's official repair center, but I'm worried they could do something to send back a unit that blocks RCM payloads to boot into EmuMMC, etc.

Can anyone say if there's any risk of that? I'm paranoid that they could just send me back a different Switch system despite the serial number.
The fan replacement is very, very easy BUT if you don't comfortable doing it yourself think of a few scenarios:
1. is your switch soft modded? then send it in. why? Nintendo uses 3rd party labor for repairs, they won't care to do swap out parts like the CPU -- they just want to do the repair. Before you send it in Power off the switch and remove the sd card.

2. is your switch hard modded? then absolutely don't send it in -- they'll see that it's been tampered with immediately and will void warranty and will not do the repair.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The fan replacement is very, very easy BUT if you don't comfortable doing it yourself think of a few scenarios:
1. is your switch soft modded? then send it in. why? Nintendo uses 3rd party labor for repairs, they won't care to do swap out parts like the CPU -- they just want to do the repair. Before you send it in Power off the switch and remove the sd card.

2. is your switch hard modded? then absolutely don't send it in -- they'll see that it's been tampered with immediately and will void warranty and will not do the repair.
Thank you, that's the sort of reassurance I was looking for.
I was planning to send in just the Switch, without Joy-Cons and microSD, as it's just the fan that needs fixing.

And yeah, just soft-modded, no hard-modding.

Reactions: Elpoep

Elpoep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, that's the sort of reassurance I was looking for.
I was planning to send in just the Switch, without Joy-Cons and microSD, as it's just the fan that needs fixing.

And yeah, just soft-modded, no hard-modding.
I bought a box of broken GBA Advance SPs, xboxes and it came with the pokeball 2ds XL -- I couldn't find where on the board a capacitor went bad and before spending who knows how many hours troubleshooting, I called Ninty, gave a "reasonable estimated time of when I purchased it" and the customer service rep was cool and just went with it. They let me mail it in for free (they sent the box) and they mailed it back in working order! The path of less resistance is always the easiest.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought a box of broken GBA Advance SPs, xboxes and it came with the pokeball 2ds XL -- I couldn't find where on the board a capacitor went bad and before spending who knows how many hours troubleshooting, I called Ninty, gave a "reasonable estimated time of when I purchased it" and the customer service rep was cool and just went with it. They let me mail it in for free (they sent the box) and they mailed it back in working order! The path of less resistance is always the easiest.

That's especially cool.
I'd like to get my Metallic Blue N3DS XL serviced, but it would just be to replace the shell that's rubbed off over time. It's got an IPS top screen which is why I'd like to get it serviced.
Unfortunately I doubt they would service something like that as the system otherwise works perfectly fine, and is technically an Australian import (but counts as a PAL/EU system).

I've used their repair service before to have my launch Joy-Con L serviced due to developing stick drift, and that went well.
That Joy-Con ultimately re-developed its drift problem though, so nowadays it's used exclusively for Ring Fit.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. Back in time, I had an issue with a couple of NSPs that when you launched them, they immediatly closed and the error message with a black screen "the software was closed..." etc. I tried many things but the only one that worked was to dump a new nsp from the base game without any tickets. That did the trick. But now, I can't run Resident Evil Revelations 2. Out of the blue, it stopped working. I tried everything. Reinstalling, another source, dumping a new ticketless nsp... But when it installs and I run it, immediatly crashes. Do any of you have any idea how to fix this? Thank you

kraoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now I can't try anything because the Switch won't boot up at all, in either normal or RCM mode, even after trying to charge the battery overnight. This is really frustrating becuase now I don't know what's going on. OK, so originally, I assumed it was either the SD card or the SD reader that had failed, since I hadn't made any hardware or software changes of any kind before the emuNand stopped working. So I bought a new SD card to test it, since I wanted to get a larger card anyway, and it was a much faster and easier test than replacing the reader. I managed to successfully transfer my NAND stuff to the new, larger card, but none of my installed games transferred over, but CFW was working and all that jazz. I didn't want to redownload the library, so I was going to try migrating the emuMMC folder from the old card to the new. I thought I had left the Switch in Sleep Mode while my PC was transferring everything to the new card while I went off to work. When I got home from work, the Switch was dead. So now I'm wondering if the battery failed. And if the battery failed, and had failed back when my Switch originally crashed a few days ago, would that have any effect on the emuNAND no longer working? Could a bad battery that resulted in power loss in the middle of the game mess with the NAND stuff happening in the background while running CFW?

Oh, I should clarify, that the Switch not booting is unrelated to any of your advice or suggestions. Obviously I'm not implying that trying to migrate or backup emuMMC in some way caused my Switch to no longer boot.
I just replaced the battery, and that's not it either. I'm all out of ideas. This thing is apparently dead.

fizzmaister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an old switch a few years ago, got CFW on it, messed around with it for a while, and then it's been sitting around unused for a few years.

I tried getting back into it, but I'm unable to get it into RCM. I've tried using the original jig I had (I think it either bridged pins 9 and 10 or 7 and 10), messed around with it, bent the pins out a bit, but overall had no luck. I bought a new jig (new style bridges pin 1 and 10). Still no luck.

I'm powering it off completely, holding volume+, hitting power, and it always launches normally to the home menu. I've been able to enter to recovery mode by holding vol+ and vol- while powering on, so it seems the issue isn't with the volume buttons (plus they work normally in game). Should I assume I have pin 10 stripped or damaged on the console? Is there a good way to check short of taking the switch apart?

kraussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I need some help, I'm completely unable to connect to Internet!
When I try Settings -> Internet -> Test Connection, it says "Unable to connect" (Error Code 2160-8007).
HB App Store also gives me a "Couldn't connect to the Internet!" error.

I've copied emummc.txt to sd:/atmosphere/hosts. The file contents are:
Code:
# 90DNS-equivalent
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.net
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.jp
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.jp
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.uk
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendowifi.net
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.es
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.kr
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.tw
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.com.hk
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.com.au
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.nz
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.at
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.be
127.0.0.1 *nintendods.cz
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.dk
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.de
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.fi
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.fr
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.gr
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.hu
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.it
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.nl
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.no
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.pt
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.ru
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.za
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.se
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.ch
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.pl
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.com.cn
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.cn
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

Furthermore, the folder already contains a file named default.txt blocking the following servers:
Code:
# Nintendo telemetry servers
127.0.0.1 receive-%.dg.srv.nintendo.net receive-%.er.srv.nintendo.net
I've tried the 90DNS Tester and it shows successfully blocked.

Could someone help me with fixing this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you have AutoRCM enabled?
A quick one. I bought a used patched v1, I paid a shop soldered picofly and have them mod it. At present is says Current Version 10.0.2|AMS 1.5.2|E I was wondering how do I update it? I ran a search and saw a tutorial on HOS, hekate and Atmosphere but I'm not sure if I need to do all that?
At minimum, you need to delete your old /atmosphere folder and download a new one from the official GitHub page. HOS is the name of the operating system so to update that, you can use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with the latest Atmosphere by default. If you use Hekate, you can grab the most recent version from its own GitHub page as well.
Hello. Back in time, I had an issue with a couple of NSPs that when you launched them, they immediatly closed and the error message with a black screen "the software was closed..." etc. I tried many things but the only one that worked was to dump a new nsp from the base game without any tickets. That did the trick. But now, I can't run Resident Evil Revelations 2. Out of the blue, it stopped working. I tried everything. Reinstalling, another source, dumping a new ticketless nsp... But when it installs and I run it, immediatly crashes. Do any of you have any idea how to fix this? Thank you
Is there any error code associated with the crash? Also do you have any sysmodules and/or cheats enabled?
I got an old switch a few years ago, got CFW on it, messed around with it for a while, and then it's been sitting around unused for a few years.

I tried getting back into it, but I'm unable to get it into RCM. I've tried using the original jig I had (I think it either bridged pins 9 and 10 or 7 and 10), messed around with it, bent the pins out a bit, but overall had no luck. I bought a new jig (new style bridges pin 1 and 10). Still no luck.

I'm powering it off completely, holding volume+, hitting power, and it always launches normally to the home menu. I've been able to enter to recovery mode by holding vol+ and vol- while powering on, so it seems the issue isn't with the volume buttons (plus they work normally in game). Should I assume I have pin 10 stripped or damaged on the console? Is there a good way to check short of taking the switch apart?
Unfortunately, there is no way to check if your pins are damaged without taking apart the console.
I need some help, I'm completely unable to connect to Internet!
When I try Settings -> Internet -> Test Connection, it says "Unable to connect" (Error Code 2160-8007).
HB App Store also gives me a "Couldn't connect to the Internet!" error.

I've copied emummc.txt to sd:/atmosphere/hosts. The file contents are:
Code:
# 90DNS-equivalent
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.net
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.jp
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.jp
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.uk
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendowifi.net
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.es
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.kr
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.tw
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.com.hk
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.com.au
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.nz
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.at
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.be
127.0.0.1 *nintendods.cz
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.dk
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.de
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.fi
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.fr
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.gr
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.hu
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.it
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.nl
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.no
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.pt
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.ru
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.za
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.se
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.ch
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.pl
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.com.cn
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.cn
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

Furthermore, the folder already contains a file named default.txt blocking the following servers:
Code:
# Nintendo telemetry servers
127.0.0.1 receive-%.dg.srv.nintendo.net receive-%.er.srv.nintendo.net
I've tried the 90DNS Tester and it shows successfully blocked.

Could someone help me with fixing this?
Delete your /hosts folder and setup 90DNS according to the instructions in this thread.

Reactions: MrLeche

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ