1. Kynesor

Kynesor Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It seems that every time I remove my SD card from my pc, it wipes all the files that aren't the backup and Nintendo file. Anything not in a file is fine, but anything in a file disappears. Even if disconnected for only a second. Anyone else run into the issue or know a workaround?

2. kofman13

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi all. I’m receiving my SX PRO in a day or two and I want to prep mentally and file-wise on a course of actions to dive into modding and do it in the safest way.

Is there a good all in one guide on the best way to get started?

Like first off I want to get Hekate running and do a complete backup of my clean switch files to go back to one day In case I need to.

Then unlink my account in case

Then I guess I would need to get all the essential homebrew stuff.

Then I would get SX Pro running.

I’m just a little overwhelmed with all the different things I have to do. If anyone can chime in with advice or help or guidance that would be great.

3. Murp

Murp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    If I restore my clean NAND backup, would that also restore the saves I had before? If so, how can I keep the saves I bring over with Checkpoint after restoring my NAND backup?

4. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    if i want to update a game.. it says couldnt connect to internet...i have full signal...is this a cdn ban? (i dont care if i only want to know)

5. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    kofman13 likes this.
  6. kofman13

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  7. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Also, best way to format a 128 gb microsdxc into fat32

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/
    Yes, the NAND backup will wipe your saves so use something else to back them up such as Checkpoint.
    Sounds like a CDN ban if you cannot update your games or firmware. The error code is 2147-7403.

9. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    i have errorcode 2137-8035

10. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Hi guys. I am very new to Switch hacking scene. If I just do save editing, but don’t use saves online, ... how safe am I with going online later to get game updates, digital games on eshop and such? Help and thoughts appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    What happens if you change your wifi password just to be safe that you are offline?

12. Murp

Murp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok, but what if I want to go online with the save file I bring over through Checkpoint? Specifically, I'm overwriting a Switch MHGU save with a 3DS MHXX save using a save editor. All I need to do is restore the save file on the Switch through Checkpoint, but I need a way to keep the updated save file on the Switch after I'm done, while still being able to go online with it. Is it just impossible?

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Upon searching this error code, it might be related to your network or Nintendo's servers being down.
    The safest way to avoid a ban is by making a NAND backup before hacking the console, staying offline while using hacks, then restoring the NAND backup before going online.
    Assuming you don't update the password on your Switch as well, it won't connect to that Wi-Fi setting.
    Back the save up with Checkpoint before restoring the NAND and it will restore just fine.

14. Murp

Murp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just making sure we're clear here, I'll still have the save after restoring clean NAND? Because I'm not talking about backing it up to restore later. I still need to have the save working on a clean Switch and be able to go online with it. I assume I wouldn't be able to use Checkpoint after restoring the NAND, no?

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Saves are stored in the NAND. Unless that save was made before the NAND was backed up, it will be lost when you restore it.

16. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just one quickie, when I put the licence.dat from team xecuter do I remove the license.request?

17. Kynesor

Kynesor Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Would it be possible to add the save to your back up NAND and then restore your pre hack NAND, keep the save, and not be banned?

18. Devrim

Devrim GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Last edited by Devrim, Aug 30, 2018
  19. SgtP3pp3r

SgtP3pp3r Member
    Newcomer

Before hacking my switch I did a Nand backup using hekate. I followed some guide I found somewhere, but that mentioned nothing about BISkeys, tseckeys, keys.txt. My questions are:
    1. What are BISkeys, tseckeys and keys.txt and why should I have backed them up?
    2. Since I had no idea that I should have done that, and only backed up the NAND, what can I do now after using SX OS and NSPs (using SX OS's installer) for about a month (been permanently offline the whole while)?
    3. Is my NAND backup useless?

20. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

United States
    Don’t panic, the keys can only help so get them soon. Did you get boot 0/1?
    @Canna can help more with this.

It is an OTG cable but I am always hesitant if a usb c does not state is has a 56ohm resistor. Can you find an Anker cable?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH