Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I should add this hekate_ipl.ini to run stock sysmmc without atmosphere or any cfw:

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp
If you want the option to boot OFW without burning fuses sure but since you already burnt the maximum number of fuses that you can currently burn, I'm not sure how much you can gain by preventing any additional fuses from being burnt.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Dethil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you want the option to boot OFW without burning fuses sure but since you already burnt the maximum number of fuses that you can currently burn, I'm not sure how much you can gain by preventing any additional fuses from being burnt.
Well, i can update to any new firmware and incase of emergency I can load the backup of old firmware so i guess i should keep the autorcm on for that, right? The switch was almost on the newest firmware when I got it so I didn't have much to lose. The fuses are burnt if I ever decide to revert the autorcm off? I got a pretty good deal when I bought my switch, got it only for 150€. In good condition, the screen had protector on it. :)

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know your very smart about switch stuff @Draxzelex. Question I have is about warmboot with Atmosphere/hekate. I have Auto RCM enabled, If I replace the reboot_payload.bin with hekate.bin, renamed to reboot_payload.bin, does that mean on a hard crash, instead of going RCM, to which I need to push a payload, that it will instead resort to rebooting back to hekate? Thanks for the help, and helping others too.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Escape1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the easiest way to update firmware when release 11.0.2 for example comes out ?
I'm guessing just using Daybreak and hoping it never boots official firmware and burns fuses,
so that restoring from an older NAND backup still works if ever needed ?

How do you guys make sure your backup is still good after upgrades or does that matter ?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the easiest way to update firmware when release 11.0.2 for example comes out ?
I'm guessing just using Daybreak and hoping it never boots official firmware and burns fuses,

How do you guys make sure your backup is still good after upgrades or does that matter ?
I'm already banned and don't use emunand as you know, so I just backup my Nand, Boot0/1 each time I update, so If my Nand gets corrupted I can fall back on it. But will be different in your case, trying to preserve the fuse count, and running emunand. If you always use daybreak to update, you should never burn fuses, so fuse count will be same as day one. You can always verify this in hekate menu also, check burned fuse count.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i can update to any new firmware and incase of emergency I can load the backup of old firmware so i guess i should keep the autorcm on for that, right? The switch was almost on the newest firmware when I got it so I didn't have much to lose. The fuses are burnt if I ever decide to revert the autorcm off? I got a pretty good deal when I bought my switch, got it only for 150€. In good condition, the screen had protector on it. :)
Actually as long as your console is unpatched, you can load whatever firmware you want so fuses are irrelevant for that. However if you want to keep your console as clean as possible, then I suppose it may be ideal to have a backup that matches your fuse count.

I know your very smart about switch stuff @Draxzelex. Question I have is about warmboot with Atmosphere/hekate. I have Auto RCM enabled, If I replace the reboot_payload.bin with hekate.bin, renamed to reboot_payload.bin, does that mean on a hard crash, instead of going RCM, to which I need to push a payload, that it will instead resort to rebooting back to hekate? Thanks for the help, and helping others too.
Yes, you hit the nail right on the head.

As I stated to Dethil, fuses are irrelevant when it comes to restoring backups as long as the console isn't patched because the exploit bypasses the fuse check. So when it comes to updating your firmware, the only difference is if you want to preserve fuses or not. Preferably, homebrew apps are best to update without burning fuses while updating online keeps your console free of homebrew at the cost of burning fuses. Personally, I try to mix the best of both worlds by downloading system updates in OFW then installing them in CFW offline.

Escape1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm already banned and don't use emunand as you know, so I just backup my Nand, Boot0/1 each time I update, so If my Nand gets corrupted I can fall back on it. But will be different in your case, trying to preserve the fuse count, and running emunand.

Yeah exactly, and now I'm just running from sysNAND, don't even bother with emuNAND since I don't go online,
but still would be nice to know how to go back to backup if my fuses ever get burned , hmm.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As I stated to Dethil, fuses are irrelevant when it comes to restoring backups as long as the console isn't patched because the exploit bypasses the fuse check. So when it comes to updating your firmware, the only difference is if you want to preserve fuses or not. Preferably, homebrew apps are best to update without burning fuses while updating online keeps your console free of homebrew at the cost of burning fuses. Personally, I try to mix the best of both worlds by downloading system updates in OFW then installing them in CFW offline.

Gotcha, so it looks like I'll be updating using daybreak offline and if I ever burn fuses no big deal since I can just
restore my old backup and then update to the newest firmware offline again, and it will still be "clean" at that point.

And in your case, you're updating the emuNAND basically so you've got an older firmware and unburned fuses, I see ..

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using the nsp fowarders, when launching the nsp from the home screen, are the nsp's using applet mode/Full RAM ?
Applet mode refers to as the name implies applets. Album for example is an applet hence why launching the homebrew menu from there would give you the warning screen "Applet Mode". Games however are not considered applets. If they were, they would definitely have trouble running as for some reason, the Switch limits the RAM to applets. Therefore when launching the homebrew menu after installing it as an .NSP file, much like any other Switch game, it will not display the "Applet Mode" message.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you. I get it. Great explanation btw.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If if do a battery original stock replacement in original switch, is there anything special I need to do software wise, like in the hekate menu?

Reactions: Draxzelex

TheWolfLord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lockpick gave me 'unable to open sd seed vector. skipping. unable to get sd seed.

Also 0 title keys but this is a literally fresh switch that never even had an sd in it till now.

Any problem here?

Also, any reason to have more than one emunand?
And is it better to have two sd cards?(One for CFW use and the other for OFW)

Last edited by TheWolfLord,

DaveyMames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Switch.Homebrew Guide said this here: https://switch.homebrew.guide/hacki...html#step-2-eu-only-enabling-gdpr-protections

"Users with EU Nintendo Network accounts have the option of enabling GDPR protections in their account settings. Doing so has been confirmed to disable lots of telemetry that can get you banned. This setting will not appear if your account is not from the EU."

1. Go to https://accounts.nintendo.com/setting
  2. Login with your NNID
  3. Under ‘Other settings’, Edit ‘Usage information’ and set it to ‘Don’t share’.
I've never had an account so do I still need to create an account because the Nintendo create account page says it's just for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS. I'll be blocking online access to Nintendo on the Switch via DNS settings. I also read a comment from someone who said you need an account to play some local multiplayer games, is that correct?

If I need an account then after I create one, when do I sign into it on the Switch? Do I only need 1 account if multiple people in my house use the Switch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If if do a battery original stock replacement in original switch, is there anything special I need to do software wise, like in the hekate menu?
Not that I'm aware of since there is no software that ties the battery to the hardware.

lockpick gave me 'unable to open sd seed vector. skipping. unable to get sd seed.

Also 0 title keys but this is a literally fresh switch that never even had an sd in it till now.

Any problem here?

Also, any reason to have more than one emunand?
And is it better to have two sd cards?(One for CFW use and the other for OFW)
Did you check to see if the SD card is fake or not? If you have't, you can use FakeFlashTest to test the validity of your card.

As for your other questions, the only reason to have more than one emuMMC is because you want to play online with it but not taint or update your sysMMC; meaning one emuMMC would be for CFW/homebrew and the other would be for online play. And there is no benefit in having a separate SD card unless you cannot afford to fit everything on one SD card.

The Switch.Homebrew Guide said this here: https://switch.homebrew.guide/hacki...html#step-2-eu-only-enabling-gdpr-protections

"Users with EU Nintendo Network accounts have the option of enabling GDPR protections in their account settings. Doing so has been confirmed to disable lots of telemetry that can get you banned. This setting will not appear if your account is not from the EU."

1. Go to https://accounts.nintendo.com/setting
  2. Login with your NNID
  3. Under ‘Other settings’, Edit ‘Usage information’ and set it to ‘Don’t share’.
I've never had an account so do I still need to create an account because the Nintendo create account page says it's just for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS. I'll be blocking online access to Nintendo on the Switch via DNS settings. I also read a comment from someone who said you need an account to play some local multiplayer games, is that correct?

If I need an account then after I create one, when do I sign into it on the Switch? Do I only need 1 account if multiple people in my house use the Switch
I see where the confusion lies. The guide misuses the term "NNID" which is, as you said, only for the Wii U and 3DS. The Switch uses the Nintendo Account system which I can assure you is different than your NNID despite how similar they sound. If I had a GitHub account, I would either open an issue or submit a PR to clarify the wording. Either way, I would still recommend linking an account as certain games will not work without one. One account is sufficient for an entire household provided you're willing to share it with your family.

Escape1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can fake link your account on the switch, it will let games think that your profile is linked to a real nintendo account ...
but this would be more for offline playing, for example nes and snes "nintendo online" ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up