Switch Low Battery at 100%

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! The title really says my issue. As soon as I take the Switch off it's dock, no matter what percentage it states previously, it'll give me the low battery indicator and then shut itself off. It can be at 100, but will still shut off as soon as I take it off the dock. I have multiple Switch docks, and this happens with all of them. It doesn't do this while in Hekate itself. Is there a fix for this?

Attached is the battery info reported by Hekate.
Post automatically merged:

Also, Hekate reports my battery draining incredibly fast, like 30% in 2 minutes fast.

Attachments

• IMG_20230606_231341.jpg
    IMG_20230606_231341.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 62

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either your battery is basically dead or the calibration is way way off, since currently it has a capacity of 31 when it was designed for 4,667. You should try to re-calibrate.I did it once when my system would die from 100% to off in about a minute and a half and afterwards it was like new.

Reactions: mathew77

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either your battery is basically dead or the calibration is way way off, since currently it has a capacity of 31 when it was designed for 4,667. You should try to re-calibrate .I did it once when my system would die from 100% to off in about a minute and a half and afterwards it was like new.
How do I do that? Charge it to 100 and then allow it to die fully?

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would leave in on in Hekate until it dies which may take a long time if the battery isn't really dead.
Then charge it with the original charger in one sitting until 100% and even then leave it sitting for a few extra hours untouched.
Then play it handheld until it dies again and then boot into Hekate and leave it sit until it dies again. Then charge in one sitting to 100% and preferably play it handheld until it dies again then charge it to 100% in one sitting.

The letting it die in Hekate is important as HOS turns it of based on the faulty percentage. Hekate ignores that and turns it off based on the more accurate voltage along with fixing the calibration.
This process may take a couple days to complete.

I've done it to 2 systems with great results.

Reactions: mathew77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf