Hardware Switch Lite HDMI mod when?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 28,702
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted User

OP
I wanna sell my Switch for a SwoShi Switch Lite but the no HDMI out is a deal breaker for me.

Wouldn't it be possible to get the same part that sends HDMI out on the regular switch and solder it in? Or would Switch Lite firmware disable it software side?

D

Deleted User

OP
Then would it be possible to add a splitter for the signal going to the screen and send that to an HDMI chip?

D

Deleted User

OP
The katsukitty mod for OG switch would probably work I'm guessing, but it's overpriced, not sold to user and unsurprisingly katsukitty went bankrupt.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's an idea, just buy a switch lite and keep your current system. one for portable play, one for home play. problem solved. /s

D

Deleted User

OP
here's an idea, just buy a switch lite and keep your current system. one for portable play, one for home play. problem solved. /s
Not cost efficient enough, plus I'd have to keep transferring saves and which one is set as the home system.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it will be possible to have a mod, similar to katsukitty's mods, that will get you an HDMI port on a Switch Lite. That being said, I doubt anyone will come out with one and manufacture it. Far easier just to buy a Switch with HDMI output.

D

Deleted User

OP
If you leave out all the unnecessary stuff like upscaling, then I imagine it's probably as simple as the same digital to hdmi components the original switch uses hooked up to the screen output

Alternatively, when custom lite housings become a thing, it might be possible to modify one to fit an OG switch motherboard and joycon internals.

Last edited by ,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you leave out all the unnecessary stuff like upscaling, then I imagine it's probably as simple as the same digital to hdmi components the original switch uses hooked up to the screen output

Alternatively, when custom lite housings become a thing, it might be possible to modify one to fit an OG switch motherboard and joycon internals.

For sure, but why? Besides you, there's practically no demand for it.

Why would someone want to buy a Switch Lite just to later buy a custom housing and fit an OG switch in it? For that matter, might as well not buy the Lite at all and just buy the custom housing.

D

Deleted User

OP
For sure, but why? Besides you, there's practically no demand for it.

Why would someone want to buy a Switch Lite just to later buy a custom housing and fit an OG switch in it? For that matter, might as well not buy the Lite at all and just buy the custom housing.
The latter is what I'm saying. There's a market for custom/replacement housings for handhelds including the Switch, so I might be able to find something I could fit my switch's guts into in the future.

WadsRUs

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wanna sell my Switch for a SwoShi Switch Lite but the no HDMI out is a deal breaker for me.

Wouldn't it be possible to get the same part that sends HDMI out on the regular switch and solder it in? Or would Switch Lite firmware disable it software side?

It's not as simple as just soldering in the missing PI3USB chip - that chip needs a number of support components, then there's a lot of traces to figure out and wire to. I guess it would be possible for somebody to create a daughterboard with the required parts which would then be wired accordingly, but then it somehow has to be made to fit inside the Switch case. In addition to all that the firmware likely has no support for video and sound output via the USB C port.

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's not as simple as just soldering in the missing PI3USB chip - that chip needs a number of support components, then there's a lot of traces to figure out and wire to. I guess it would be possible for somebody to create a daughterboard with the required parts which would then be wired accordingly, but then it somehow has to be made to fit inside the Switch case. In addition to all that the firmware likely has no support for video and sound output via the USB C port.
100% this

hypothetically possible, sure is.
will it ever happen probably never

because even if someone could make the daughterboard needed and knew where to hook it into the logicboard and was able to make it fit in the extremely tight case they'd still need the skills to modify the firmware to add in the support for the missing IC's

a firmware signed by Nintendo that is uncracked (just bypassed on older models)

it would be honestly an easier "hack" to resolder all the components of a full switch and fit them in the case of a lite because at least then you wouldn't have to deal with the firmware side of the problem only everything else.

never gonna happen

Last edited by dude1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...