1. Xandroz

OP Xandroz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    So i was attmepting an install, used every possible precaution, microscope, kapton tape.
    Everything worked and glitched and all good
    Closed the console, was greeted by update the sx lite, updated and console refused to boot after
    Glitch and stays green, when i remove the sd card, i get the boot.dat screen
    Uninstalled and installed the ribbon cables same thing
    Decided to boot one last time, i got a white lite from the chip, unhooked it, booted got a blue screen
    Decided to uninstall the nand qsb, still blue screen, went on to remove sp2/sp2 although there were no shorts im 100 percent sure, the iron slipped and trashed the cap, got another from a doner board and managed to install it at an angel, first time to do so and booted to a blue screen as well.

i attached some photos, but i want to know from lite installers, whats the thing that makes a succesful install.
    Yesterday i installed one worked fine, played a game of fifa and then buttons stopped working, and screen was flickering, uninstalled it, but damaged the final cap where you attach the chip, and console boots and touch works but cant see a thing, will revisit that later.

all i want to know is, i got the tools, i jtaged a shit load of consoles for the whole lifetime of the 360, chip glitches and works and then decides to go south

these are the best photos i can get, as the microscope refuses to take photos for unknown reasons

i am about to give up honestly on the whole thing

the picture showing sp1/sp2 , it might appear the sp1 shorted but thats some thermal paste that was stuck after i closed and reopened

Attached Files:

Last edited by Xandroz, Aug 12, 2020
  2. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    hard times are learning experiences. practice, practice practice and never ever give up. :)

Modificatorul and Xandroz like this.
  3. Modificatorul

Modificatorul GBAtemp Regular

Romania
    So, i dont' like the lcd conector, protect with kapton tape, protect micro sd port, keep one micro sd in,

One resistor is shorted to nand shield ? resistor short .jpg

susi91, comput3rus3r and Xandroz like this.
  4. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    You should first clean your board with some alcohol, then we can see the damage more clearly.

Modificatorul likes this.
  5. Xandroz

Egypt

Will check it when i get back from work

6. x3n0

x3n0 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Is there solder on this ribbon cable?

Attached Files:

Xandroz, Modificatorul and squee666 like this.
  7. squee666
    This message by squee666 has been removed from public view by shaunj66, Sep 7, 2020, Reason: At request of Nintendo.
    Aug 12, 2020
  8. Xandroz

Egypt
    Yea the install wasnt clean gotta admit that, was too cocky
    ill try and clean it and see what still causes the bsod

and going forward im using kapton all over the board and removing after soldering
    That might have dropped from the iron unintentionally, im not that reckless :D

my problem is the chips i recived i swear to godhey are not perfect allignment
    If i allign the chip at the card reader, it doesnt allign at the bottom cap and vice versa
    I will visit it tommorow, im taking a day off from the switch all together

9. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah there should be two right angle folds on that bottom power ribbon on the chip. So it runs flat to the bottom outside of the wifi shielding. Then up the side wall of the wifi shielding. Then flat across the top of the wifi shielding and connect directly to the chip. That will take out that extra slack in the cable.

Easiest way is you can fasten it at the bottom first and then make those bends in the ribbon, working your way up towards the chip.

If there are any variations on that bottom ribbon, you can correct them as you're folding. But it should all line up once you make those folds.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by hartleyshc, Aug 12, 2020
    Xandroz likes this.
  10. Xandroz

Egypt
    Yea i mean the chip itself when you allign with the card reader, it doesnt seem to allign at the bottom and vice versa
    I belive ill just use tape to overcome this and ill avoid using the screws at these points

11. susi91

susi91 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @Xandroz Thank you for the pictures and the report :)
    I hope you get the lite fixed...

Modificatorul and Xandroz like this.
  12. Xandroz

Egypt
    Guys does that look good or not
    Thats the best i can manage if it needs tweaking tell me i need your experience

Attached Files:

13. hartleyshc

United States
    A little hard to tell, but the solder point on the top left, under the anchor point, looks like it's not making a connection and is only connected to the ribbon.

Xandroz likes this.
  14. Xandroz

Egypt
    Yea ill fix that, its pretty shit, but it was the first point just to anchor
    So i can focus on the nand points

15. xHR

xHR GBAtemp Regular

So did you fix it? I have the same issue

16. hartleyshc

United States
    Show your soldering. Most likely is an issue with the nand cable solder points.

17. xHR

xHR GBAtemp Regular

I desolder chip from console and there is blue screen after I turning it on.

18. hartleyshc

United States
    It's something with your nand. Were you ever able to boot into the sx bootloader? If you actually had the sx lite installed and operational and didn't run the clean up function before removing the chip, that will cause it.

If you never had it working in the first place then you probably still have some points bridged someplace. Again, just post some pics of your soldering area. It can make diagnosis a million times easier for everyone.

ChronoTrig likes this.
  19. treynessen

treynessen Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    The same happened to me. I stucked on boot.dat? screen after soldering the modchip on my mariko switch. I tried to desolder it and got a blue screen. Don't know what I could break when I was teardowning a console or when I was soldering the modchip.

I have erista switch with the modchip and I put mariko's nand there and tried to clean it up but without success. Also I tried to clean it up with Putty via modchip's usb debug port and got the same result.

Last edited by treynessen, Sep 5, 2020
  20. hartleyshc

United States
    The modchip modifies the boot0 and boot1. If you remove the chip without going into options and selecting "clean up" before you uninstall the chip, this is what happens.

It also generally means some sort of nand issue. But in the case of sx core/lite, it most likely means the boot0/boot1 wasn't reverted to it's unpatched state.

Also you can't just swap nand from one device to another. Even in the case of people installing much larger nand chips, it's not just plug and play, you have to restore your previous full nand backup from one chip to another.

For your issue, I would go back, install the chip in Mariko, try a different sd card, something. Make sure you have the latest 3.0.4 boot.dat on the root of the card and make sure the chip firmware is updated to 1.3.

Last edited by hartleyshc, Sep 5, 2020
  21. treynessen

treynessen Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    I tried to use several sd cards, tried to update the modchip, tried to use 3.0.1, 3.0.3, 3.0.4 boot.dat versions. I even tried to replace switch's sdcard reader and nothing helped.

I had a conversation with a guy with the mariko switch. He had the same problem with boot.dat? screen but when he put nand back he didn't get a blue screen, his switch turned on normally with ofw

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - removal, Switch,