Hacking Switch lite bsod after sx lite removal

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
So i was attmepting an install, used every possible precaution, microscope, kapton tape.
Everything worked and glitched and all good
Closed the console, was greeted by update the sx lite, updated and console refused to boot after
Glitch and stays green, when i remove the sd card, i get the boot.dat screen
Uninstalled and installed the ribbon cables same thing
Decided to boot one last time, i got a white lite from the chip, unhooked it, booted got a blue screen
Decided to uninstall the nand qsb, still blue screen, went on to remove sp2/sp2 although there were no shorts im 100 percent sure, the iron slipped and trashed the cap, got another from a doner board and managed to install it at an angel, first time to do so and booted to a blue screen as well.

i attached some photos, but i want to know from lite installers, whats the thing that makes a succesful install.
Yesterday i installed one worked fine, played a game of fifa and then buttons stopped working, and screen was flickering, uninstalled it, but damaged the final cap where you attach the chip, and console boots and touch works but cant see a thing, will revisit that later.

all i want to know is, i got the tools, i jtaged a shit load of consoles for the whole lifetime of the 360, chip glitches and works and then decides to go south

these are the best photos i can get, as the microscope refuses to take photos for unknown reasons

i am about to give up honestly on the whole thing

the picture showing sp1/sp2 , it might appear the sp1 shorted but thats some thermal paste that was stuck after i closed and reopened

Attachments

• 627D1B78-4293-4370-8679-07D5119D11E3.jpeg
    627D1B78-4293-4370-8679-07D5119D11E3.jpeg
    636.7 KB · Views: 631
  • 41D5C443-F7E8-4C6A-BD65-FA344F847864.jpeg
    41D5C443-F7E8-4C6A-BD65-FA344F847864.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 477
  • 3415CB1A-86CF-4360-96B0-549ADB67FCFE.jpeg
    3415CB1A-86CF-4360-96B0-549ADB67FCFE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 486
  • BC184EF0-9DA1-4706-BABD-3B50C17FBBD9.jpeg
    BC184EF0-9DA1-4706-BABD-3B50C17FBBD9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 429
  • A6225C1A-151D-4531-8226-B5830002AC07.jpeg
    A6225C1A-151D-4531-8226-B5830002AC07.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 449
  • C922D73E-FF2D-4A7A-92A3-7A821933AC93.jpeg
    C922D73E-FF2D-4A7A-92A3-7A821933AC93.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 511
Last edited by Xandroz,

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Yea the install wasnt clean gotta admit that, was too cocky
ill try and clean it and see what still causes the bsod

and going forward im using kapton all over the board and removing after soldering
That might have dropped from the iron unintentionally, im not that reckless :D

my problem is the chips i recived i swear to godhey are not perfect allignment
If i allign the chip at the card reader, it doesnt allign at the bottom cap and vice versa
I will visit it tommorow, im taking a day off from the switch all together

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea the install wasnt clean gotta admit that, was too cocky
ill try and clean it and see what still causes the bsod

and going forward im using kapton all over the board and removing after soldering
That might have dropped from the iron unintentionally, im not that reckless :D

my problem is the chips i recived i swear to godhey are not perfect allignment
If i allign the chip at the card reader, it doesnt allign at the bottom cap and vice versa
I will visit it tommorow, im taking a day off from the switch all together

Yeah there should be two right angle folds on that bottom power ribbon on the chip. So it runs flat to the bottom outside of the wifi shielding. Then up the side wall of the wifi shielding. Then flat across the top of the wifi shielding and connect directly to the chip. That will take out that extra slack in the cable.

Easiest way is you can fasten it at the bottom first and then make those bends in the ribbon, working your way up towards the chip.

If there are any variations on that bottom ribbon, you can correct them as you're folding. But it should all line up once you make those folds.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by hartleyshc,
Reactions: Xandroz

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Yea i mean the chip itself when you allign with the card reader, it doesnt seem to allign at the bottom and vice versa
I belive ill just use tape to overcome this and ill avoid using the screws at these points

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Guys does that look good or not
Thats the best i can manage if it needs tweaking tell me i need your experience

Attachments

• E56504A9-9E91-49E8-8397-A14546E5A81E.jpeg
    E56504A9-9E91-49E8-8397-A14546E5A81E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 473

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys does that look good or not
Thats the best i can manage if it needs tweaking tell me i need your experience
A little hard to tell, but the solder point on the top left, under the anchor point, looks like it's not making a connection and is only connected to the ribbon.

Reactions: Xandroz

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Yea ill fix that, its pretty shit, but it was the first point just to anchor
So i can focus on the nand points

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I desolder chip from console and there is blue screen after I turning it on.
It's something with your nand. Were you ever able to boot into the sx bootloader? If you actually had the sx lite installed and operational and didn't run the clean up function before removing the chip, that will cause it.

If you never had it working in the first place then you probably still have some points bridged someplace. Again, just post some pics of your soldering area. It can make diagnosis a million times easier for everyone.

Reactions: ChronoTrig

treynessen

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The same happened to me. I stucked on boot.dat? screen after soldering the modchip on my mariko switch. I tried to desolder it and got a blue screen. Don't know what I could break when I was teardowning a console or when I was soldering the modchip.

If you actually had the sx lite installed and operational and didn't run the clean up function before removing the chip, that will cause it
I have erista switch with the modchip and I put mariko's nand there and tried to clean it up but without success. Also I tried to clean it up with Putty via modchip's usb debug port and got the same result.

Last edited by treynessen,

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same happened to me. I stucked on boot.dat? screen after soldering the modchip on my mariko switch. I tried to desolder it and got a blue screen. Don't know what I could break when I was teardowning a console or when I was soldering the modchip.

I have erista switch with the modchip and I put mariko's nand there and tried to clean it up but without success. Also I tried to clean it up with Putty via modchip's usb debug port and got the same result.
The modchip modifies the boot0 and boot1. If you remove the chip without going into options and selecting "clean up" before you uninstall the chip, this is what happens.

It also generally means some sort of nand issue. But in the case of sx core/lite, it most likely means the boot0/boot1 wasn't reverted to it's unpatched state.

Also you can't just swap nand from one device to another. Even in the case of people installing much larger nand chips, it's not just plug and play, you have to restore your previous full nand backup from one chip to another.

For your issue, I would go back, install the chip in Mariko, try a different sd card, something. Make sure you have the latest 3.0.4 boot.dat on the root of the card and make sure the chip firmware is updated to 1.3.

Last edited by hartleyshc,

treynessen

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
For your issue, I would go back, install the chip in Mariko, try a different sd card, something. Make sure you have the latest 3.0.4 boot.dat on the root of the card and make sure the chip firmware is updated to 1.3.
I tried to use several sd cards, tried to update the modchip, tried to use 3.0.1, 3.0.3, 3.0.4 boot.dat versions. I even tried to replace switch's sdcard reader and nothing helped.

I had a conversation with a guy with the mariko switch. He had the same problem with boot.dat? screen but when he put nand back he didn't get a blue screen, his switch turned on normally with ofw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse