Sreve Sep 22, 2019.

1. Sreve
    OP

Sreve Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2019
    Germany
    Hi,

I am doing my first steps with hacking my switch. I successfully finished this guide: switch.homebrew.guide

But while running Atmoshère, I get frequently chrashes, mainly with homebrew apps. The "bluescreen" points me to error code: 2168-0002, Firmeware 9.0.0 (Atmoshère 0.9.4-master-c62c4846)

Can anyone give me a hint, what I can do?

2. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    Did you install hbg shop or tinfoil? The first version for 9.0 was bugged and made atmosphere behave badly. It s already fixed, redownload tinfoil and overwrite the old version

3. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    Knowing which HomeBrew apps crashes would be a big help, but in all honesty, the problem is most likely that you are using Homebrew apps on FW 9.0. Many apps haven't been recompiled to work with 9.0 yet. I get that you are new, so you didn't know, but you should have stayed on any FW lower than 9.0 if you are using a lot of apps.

4. Sreve
    OP

Sreve Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2019
    Germany
    So far, I test to install different version of Atmoshpère. Some didn't boot, but all version that do run, have the same bluescrren-problem. Finally I stay at the latest Version.

The app store do start fine. The first run was without getting the error. I was able to install "Prince of Persia". I think, thats cause it is a small package. Installing RetroArch always fails in the middle of the download. Other larger packages failed too.

I have manually installed RetroArch. It runs, but I was not able to start an ISO. Sometimes it just do nothing, sometimes it chrashes to the BlueScreen.

* I found some Logfiles. The Exception is: Data Abort

What is running fine so far?

- Prince of Persia
    - ScummVM
    - The Homebrew Menu and preinstalled Apps

Today, I will test some Emualtor. Mainly I am interessted in Amiga, C64, N64, NDS, N3DS .... would be very nice if this will run stable.

- VBA Next can started by RetroArch and works fine ... Until I access the Quick Menü.

Last edited by Sreve, Sep 23, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted