Homebrew RELEASE Switch Homebrew Appstore

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
devs have control over what files remain on update . good for config files etc as discussed. (if they have an account an request perms)

Code:
U: always Update (default and most common case)
G: Get if it doesn't exist already (good for config or splash screens) for files that shouldn't be updated
L: Local file, which should be deleted upon uninstallation (good for files an app generates that need to be cleaned up at uninstall, but didn't come with the package)
E: simply Extract, but don't delete upon uninstallation (good for something like a save file that comes with a package, that you want to stick around even when it's deleted)

^ note that E: isn't usually needed for things like emulator saves, since those aren't in the manifest already (they're dynamically generated at runtime), and won't be deleted upon uninstallation (unless they're marked with L:)

Last edited by pwsincd,

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This has been commented already. It's not that easy as the app store needs to keep track on the version by providing it in a manifest file.

Edit: On the other hand ... the HBmenu is able to show the version of a homebrew. The app store should be able to do the same theoretically (get the version of a NRO) and offer to update it even if it were not installed by the app store in the first place. :unsure:

This is the only reason why I don't use this app, since I'm always manually installing apps or updating it since sometimes it takes a while to the newer versions to show up on the store.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is the only reason why I don't use this app, since I'm always manually installing apps or updating it since sometimes it takes a while to the newer versions to show up on the store.
I can't remember having to wait for more than one day for anything in the app store.

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey, I'm on latest atmosphere and hb app store is on latest version, but my controller inputs aren't detected.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey, I'm on latest atmosphere and hb app store is on latest version, but my controller inputs aren't detected.
Have you installed any HBG shop/Tinfoil stuff by any chance? They were bundled with outdated AMS forks in the past which overwrote the HID stuff.

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you installed any HBG shop/Tinfoil stuff by any chance? They were bundled with outdated AMS forks in the past which overwrote the HID stuff.
not recently, I updated atmosphere after not using tinfoil for a long time

Last edited by aarti,

PeterAn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im update use atm 1.0.5 and use homebrew say "Couldn't connect to the Internet". Im testing connection still good. Im only use Icognito boot to FW Emmu

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im update use atm 1.0.5 and use homebrew say "Couldn't connect to the Internet". Im testing connection still good. Im only use Icognito boot to FW Emmu
Seems to be down. Even going to the site on browser gives an error. Its been that way all day.

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried installing this to help find apps or themes without having to connect to my PC, hopefully it comes back up. Haven't been able to launch it all day.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried installing this to help find apps or themes without having to connect to my PC, hopefully it comes back up. Haven't been able to launch it all day.
I hope so. I haven't seen anything from the creator or on the blog, so..no idea whats going on really.

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Repo servers are back up! We posted about today's downtime on Discord ( http://discord.fortheusers.org ), but missed the posts here until now. We have a status page at http://status.fortheusers.org . Looking now at adding this status into the app itself, so that if this happens again users are better informed.

Maybe he got caught :D
Also homebrew is very legal! Nintendo wants you to think it's not. You have the right to use any of the apps here just as you would on PC or phone, and we have the rights to host them! (thanks to FOSS licensing)

More on this here! https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.html

Last edited by vgmoose,

Momoro

The Dark One
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Repo servers are back up! We posted about today's downtime on Discord ( http://discord.fortheusers.org ), but missed the posts here until now. We have a status page at http://status.fortheusers.org . Looking now at adding this status into the app itself, so that if this happens again users are better informed.

Also homebrew is very legal! Nintendo wants you to think it's not. You have the right to use any of the apps here just as you would on PC or phone, and we have the rights to host them! (thanks to FOSS licensing)

More on this here! https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.html

Oh, I know :) It's just a funny thought :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-