Homebrew Switch Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

FellDragonGrima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m curious: Nintendo will be releasing a new System Update soon, and I was wondering what I should do? Should I update? Cause that might get in the way of Homebrew. So...I’m at a loss on what to do.

Menos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Is there any Homebrew or soft for getting versions of all games installed on switch? I want to use it to check updates.

Woody601

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is layeredfs broken with the latest version of hekate on 6.0? I have not personally tried it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EnergizerN

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, i hope im right here.

So im new to switch hacking, online do things like homebrew and cfw on Wii & Wii U before.

Maybe you can help me, what is the safest way to install homebrew for playing GBA saves?
I dont wanna hack online services, actual switch titles, savegames or whatever, just give my switch the ability to play old gba games (like on "virtual console")

What is the safest way to do that, because i wish to continuously play my regular owned switch titles (hard disks and also 2 eshop titles)

P.S. sry for my english skills, im from germany ^^

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i hope im right here.

So im new to switch hacking, online do things like homebrew and cfw on Wii & Wii U before.

Maybe you can help me, what is the safest way to install homebrew for playing GBA saves?
I dont wanna hack online services, actual switch titles, savegames or whatever, just give my switch the ability to play old gba games (like on "virtual console")

What is the safest way to do that, because i wish to continuously play my regular owned switch titles (hard disks and also 2 eshop titles)

P.S. sry for my english skills, im from germany ^^
First, get yourself 2 Switches. Make one of them hackable, homebrewable, and always offline only. The 2nd one always updated to the latest firmware without doubt, and never make that homebrewable.

Second, just go to the Switch Tutorials and read everything there.

Last edited by delete12345,

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't updated my switch since about February (no idea what firmware its on). I have SXOS on my system ad haven't updated that since installing it about a month ago-is it worth doing either?

Nerakami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i'm new in switch scene, can you tell me if i can install homebrew with 6.0.0 ofw ?
I saw some tuts on youtube, but I prefer to ask on this forum

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just going to post here. Feel free to repost it as a new thread.

Related to overclocking the Switch, in order to get it to play N64 emulation without dynarec support.

Code:
[14:30] <M4xw> 1530000000 hz is the hightest it goes without dying after switch logo btw
[15:29] <wedr> So, that's +40% from the base clock of 1.08Ghz
[15:29] <wedr> And 20% more than 1.224Ghz
[15:31] <M4xw> Some n64 games are playable now :P
[15:31] <wedr> >Some
[15:31] <wedr> >Implying there's a hardware limitation
[15:31] <M4xw> Needss moar OC :P
[15:31] <M4xw> actually its way better now
[15:31] <M4xw> majoras has clean audio
[15:31] <wedr> >mfw n64 games too powerful
[15:31] <M4xw> 16-20 fps
[15:32] <M4xw> if audio is clean, the fps is fine
[15:32] <M4xw> but fb emulation is still too much for it to handle
[15:32] <M4xw> so many games dont work
[15:32] <M4xw> black boxes everywhere
[15:32] <wedr> Then I guess that throws a wrench into n64 emulation on the Switch
[15:32] <M4xw> We just need that sweet dynarec
[15:32] <M4xw> ^^
[15:36] <M4xw> smash is nearly 60 fps wow
[15:36] <M4xw> didnt expect that

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Havent updated my switch in months (at least 5) and I have SXOS on my system since about a month ago, which haven't updated or done anything with since. I cant get any HB apps on it for some reason.

Was wondering if its worth updating either the SXOS or the Switch,and what do I do when it comes to playing new games?

FellDragonGrima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me. I was wondering, how can you prevent your Nintendo Switch from reverting back to its original settings? Like, say it’s Homebrew-ed, but then what do you have to avoid to prevent it from going back to normal? I heard something about restarting/turning the power off, but I’m not sure...

A little help?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quick question.
I don't have my dongle and jig under the hand at the moment, so I want avoid rebooting my switch.
That said, I can't poweroff to put nsp on the micro sd, and I can't ftp since I'm in air plane mode.

Could I put some nsp to an usb khey, dock the switch, and instal these nsp from usb to the micro sd ?
Without have to reboot the switch?
I already have the latest tinfoil whic, iirc, can install nsp from usb.

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Just turned on my Switch for the first time in 4/5 weeks. It was in the dock and plugged in, but its not coming on at all:/

Has SXOS on but hasn't been updated

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When put in dock, the green light comes on but then turns off within 1 second

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
IIRC, I read something about stopping the switch to send information to Nintendo.
Can you remember that?
A DNS, a kip file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality