Hacking Question Switch Got Banned, But I Can Still Access eShop?

D

Deleted User

I'd recommend using ReiNX, since DeltaLaunch doesn't work with any other CFW, but that's just my opinion

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Question, just in general. Traditionally, shouldn't a ban also ban you from using the YouTube app? Just curious.

D

Deleted User

Unbans are not possible and they don’t have a second system afaik (and they’re also trying to keep their current one not banned)
Lmao, 'unbans are not possible' you've clearly never sucked a devs toes for secret sauce

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, here's the info we have so far.

- Never went online in CFW.
- Can still access eShop.
- Can still play Tetris 99.
- Can't play Splatoon 2 Online.
- Has classic "your online has been restricted error".
- Uses Atmosphere CFW.
- Has Wifi settings still saved on the system.

Anything else potentially noteworthy that could help us maybe figure something out?

Reactions: XaneTenshi

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, here's the info we have so far.

- Never went online in CFW.
- Can still access eShop.
- Can still play Tetris 99.
- Can't play Splatoon 2 Online.
- Has classic "your online has been restricted error".
- Uses Atmosphere CFW.
- Has Wifi settings still saved on the system.

Anything else potentially noteworthy that could help us maybe figure something out?
Nope, that seems to be about it. I just have no idea how this could possibly happen. Hopefully its temp only.

Reactions: epicmartin7

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Actually, one more question. For Splatoon 2, or any other game, did you use Checkpoint, or messed with the save data at all in anyway?

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, just as I previously stated, all i have ever done was boot into CFW and view the Switch app store (not eshop)
Well... the Switch app store does require WiFi to function. Meaning that technically, judging from in context what you said, you had to have went online with your CFW.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's still strange that you got the error code that you did. Some people on the Nintendo tech forums said they got the same error, even though they didn't mod at all.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...s/detail/qid/78276/~/error-code/comment/23339

Now, I don't know how truthful some of them are being, but if there is some truth to it, my advice would be to maybe wait for a little bit. Maintenance happened a lot earlier this week, and it could be a small widespread thing maybe. So, if it doesn't go away later, then I'd maybe look into it more.

Leanny

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you play the game before? What did you do before getting banned? Did you play the game after making a nand backup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Welcome back