Switch gets no power, can't turn it on or charge it

dario3213 Aug 23, 2019.

1. dario3213
    OP

dario3213 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I bought a faulty switch that doesn’t get any power and doesn’t charge. Seller claimed they just got an error one day and then it never came back on (it was a kids switch).

When I dock the switch, I get a quick green light flash on the dock LED, and that’s it. When I plug in the switch to charge (either the old or the new battery) it makes a feint, quiet buzzing noise.

To check the power, I used a USB voltage meter with a standard micro type C cable, and the reading I got was 0.43 when I plugged the type C into the switch. I got a brand new battery, and the reading moved up to 0.49 but still no power, no display and no fast charge. With the OLD battery, when I hold the power button down, the voltage goes down to 0.21 for a while and then goes back up, the new battery does not have the same effect.

I opened it up and stripped it completely, and it looks fine, no water damage or corrosion at all, it was just a bit dusty which I cleaned up. I also cleaned the board with isopropyl alcohol from both sides to make sure, but nothing changed when I hooked it back up.

What could the problem be? I ordered a multimeter and I will attempt to check for shorts, also ordered a charge port, but if that doesn't fix it I think I'm going to give up and re-sell it as faulty.

Thank you in advance

Last edited by dario3213, Aug 23, 2019
  2. JuanIssa

JuanIssa Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2019
    Spain
    Maybe he bricked it trying to hack it?. Compare with other maybe is software and you get crazy looking for hardware

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted