Hacking Switch from Gateway to CFW?. What is best CFW for n3ds?

Pecrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I am a bit tired of having my n3ds's battery last half when using the gateway chip and have been looking into possibly switching to a CFW. I have used pasta cfw and after having an emunand to mess with I am a bit hesitant to using pasta cfw as it works directly with sysnand and I would prefer something that uses an emunand similar to gateway.

I have a Jap n3ds *not xl* running 9.2fw.

I think the most promising one I have been able to find is rxtools but I am not sure what benefits or options are available with rxtools on a n3ds. Does rxtool have an emunand as well like gateway? I am also having a hard time finding a guide for rxtools on a n3ds.

I have seen a lot of news recently on 10.3 kernel access and gateway is also promising support on upto 10.3 (I would assume that also includes emunand 10.3) so I am unsure since I already have gateway if I should move to cfw or not. Battery time is annoying but If it is worth the stay I could carry a power bank, etc.

I am looking for some honest opinions from very patient people that would like to share and possibly give some pros/cons to the subjects above.

Thank you all for your time in advance.

Fylosopher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes rxTools does have an emunand
You can follow this guide
rxTools is as powerful as Gateway, except for playing .3ds (not really matter when u can use .cia). And it's FREE
But since u've already had a Gateway, maybe u should wait for this:
That’s right! We can already reveal another surprise that is coming SOON: We will be bringing Gateway support to systems that are on the current LATEST FIRMWARE: 10.3 and lower.
So do not update past this version, because we will not be able to bring support for versions after that any time soon!

Last edited by Fylosopher,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-