Hardware Switch Features would like to see?

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
been thinking of some new switch features i would like added in the future trough System Update lol. :rofl:
feel free to add some of yours or thoughts

Switch Pro Controller:
"USB type C headset" & "3.5mm AUX to USB type C adapter" support
(for listening to game or voice chat trough switch pro controller)

Switch Console:
"USB type C LAN/Ethernet adapter" support (when undocked)
"USB type C headset" support (when undocked)
"USB storage support" (USB HHD/SSD/FlashDrives/etc) (when docked)
"WiiU Pro Controller" & "WiiU Gamecube Adapter" Support. (for VC games)
Switch Internet Browser
Switch File Browser(pics/music/video on sd card/internal/usb storage) can be played. also allowing options to put music in home menu or during gameplay like ps3/360 could do.

System Settings > Internet > Internet Settings:
"AOSS" & "WPS" support (push button & pin code)

System Settings > Data Management:
A way to move Software/ Update Data/Save Data to System Storage or micro SD card?
(also option to choose where software is downloaded would be nice)

System Settings > System:
option to show volume % when changing volume.
option to show wifi signal in -dBm format.

also think the system settings need to be more organized, like wiiu/new3ds was where things were categorized by type?

Last edited by T3GZdev,
Reactions: CuriousTommy

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Implementation of a friend system that's not the ridiculous friend code shenanigan.

Voice chat system, even it requires additional hardware in the form of a microphone or headset.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Implementation of a friend system that's not the ridiculous friend code shenanigan.

Voice chat system, even it requires additional hardware in the form of a microphone or headset.
The system has no mic, we can be sure there will be no intention to support mic. :(

But least bluetooth audio for speakers or something, the system sound is so lame even on max volume.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
More stability. :creep:
hahah XD please bring more. :grog:

The system has no mic, we can be sure there will be no intention to support mic. :(

But least bluetooth audio for speakers or something, the system sound is so lame even on max volume.
supports aux headset that have a mic. just no voice chat compatible games to test yet.

i actually have a rant in favor of switch friend system & why everyone is still hates friendcode system in 2017, after most/all problems with it has been fixed. but thatll come later lol
i think switch version of friend system is better compared to wii, ds, 3ds version & the wiiu nnid. just miss miiverse. >.>

kinda early to Judge the online system tho seeing only game so far is Fast RMX. the Splatoon2 demo was like 3 days.
& they haven't released any info on how it will fully work yet.
id give them until e3 tho for online switch info.
all we know so far is by the end of the year online will be paid. before that its free. besides that we will get an app that will go along with online, we will be able to add people from my.Nintendo & do friend list stuff there too. all games will support voice chat somehow. & we will be able to trough the app.
& so far we know MarioKart 8deluxe, Splatoon 2, & Dragonball Xenoverse 2, minecraft are upcoming online games. & whatever is announced at e3.
according to google switch is getting black ops ? can anyone confirm this? :huh:

Kinda hoping for support dock with extra processor but has plug and play option.

More power for those who want it.
if they did release a new dock id want it to have a extra fan & more usb ports. find it strange the wiiu had 4 usb ports & switch has only 3 usb ports?
would be epic tho if later they did some sort of dual processor/ram thing with the dock. :mthr:

Last edited by T3GZdev,

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Home menu-wise/system:
Custom themes. (Seriously, one of the best things about hacking the 3DS is custom themes)
I'm indifferent about friendcodes but some sort of 'user look-up' would be good.
For goodness sake, some music in the eShop

Hardware-wise:
A revised Pro Controller with a d-pad that doesn't recognize diagonal inputs by pressing just the sides of each direction as well as a power button to turn off the system

Reactions: T3GZdev

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
forgot to add this but also a change log for system updates & game update shows change log.
why do we have to google what system update & game updates do in 2017?
& even then sometimes googling what a game update does brings no results. >.>

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Streetpass and Mii Plaza kinda of app,to carry it with me (don't know if that's possible)
Also Miivers

I believe miitomo support will come sooner or later so maybe they would have mii plaza kind of. Dunno about street pass.

Btw 1 month 1 game plan with online features is really brilliant actually in a business standpoint. People will compete crazily on multiplayer or online scores where hype can be focused exclusively for that particular game, so for sure the momentum will be high. Its like a season interchange although we still can buy the game after.

Reactions: T3GZdev

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like the following.

Save data backup.
Messaging/Chat via the system.
Kill off friend codes and use user id
Ability to email or transfer photos to usb drive.
Themes (simply changing the wallpaper would be nice)
Custom avatars

S

Saiyan Lusitano

A Daily Log app like the WiiU had like how the hell doesn't the Switch has it yet? Yes, I know about the Parental Control app on Android/iOS but it shouldn't be necessary.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Daily Log app like the WiiU had like how the hell doesn't the Switch has it yet? Yes, I know about the Parental Control app on Android/iOS but it shouldn't be necessary.

That info is actually under your user settings. You don't need the app.

I'd like for bluetooth headsets to be compatible with the system, that seems feasible.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

That info is actually under your user settings. You don't need the app.

I'd like for bluetooth headsets to be compatible with the system, that seems feasible.
Under user settings? I'll check it out. Thanks.

Curious how many hours the console has logged for my Zelda play time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all