SWITCH EMF radiation

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Exactly that, yes.
But isn't the whole house lifted off the ground by the foundation?

Grounding helps with ESD and not much else.
ESD?
Your wifi router does more radiation than the switch, and it's everywhere.
How dangerous is the WiFi radiation? Are you sure? I have made this to illustrate my fear:
dkdkd.jpg

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Here I am sitting at my PC, sometimes using the Switch, got a mining rig with enough wattage that actually puts out enough EMF radiation to disrupt its own wi-fi adapter(have to use a USB cord to put some distance between the adapter and rig) and a fluorescent lightbulb above my head whose plasma actually produces enough EMF that if you bring a pocket calculator to it, it will start to punch in random numbers. Also I collect radioactive sources and I have 3 microcuries worth of strontium-90 in a tin can right on my desk within arm's reach and I am just amused.

Reactions: Creamu

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Here I am sitting at my PC, sometimes using the Switch, got a mining rig with enough wattage that actually puts out enough EMF radiation to disrupt its own wi-fi adapter(have to use a USB cord to put some distance between the adapter and rig) and a fluorescent lightbulb above my head whose plasma actually produces enough EMF that if you bring a pocket calculator to it, it will start to punch in random numbers. Also I collect radioactive sources and I have 3 microcuries worth of strontium-90 in a tin can right on my desk within arm's reach and I am just amused.
Please describe your symptoms...

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what is EMF and not ESD? Really, everyone can feel ESD while not many people(if any) can honestly feel EMF. ESD can kill your switch easy, to get EMF strong enough to kill your switch will be hard. You switch needs to be harden against ESD or it would have die a long time ago.

If you don't ground yourself before opening up your Switch you will probably kill it if the air is dry.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't feel that your switch fries your brain when you play witcher 3 close to your head?
Putting some ESD on your switch will hurt your heart. Every time you zap it you can feel your heart skip a beat. If you then drop it then maybe also your wallet.

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
When they talk about blue block it's only blocking the harmful part of blue spectrum, you are not missing one primary color.

Yes, too much sun and you get skin cancer. That is already known for some time. Some even say apply sun block all the time, not just outdoor (maybe they are selling sun block). Check the ingredient lists of skin care products, the day version should have sun block in there.

Do you have the research paper about that? Google failed me

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks, unfortunately that paper is quite unclear in what the practical effect of blue light to human eyes with proper context (e.g. at normal screen time usage)

It only explains that blue lights can damage lens, etc.

I mean... It's like saying that sunlight can make people gets skin cancer. But without explaining the context (duration, intensity, melatonin level, etc)

That paper also explains that the damaging blue light is in visible light spectrum. Doesn't this means using anti blue light, will result in the change of the visible light, thus changing the displayed image to be different from what the author intended?

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't this means using anti blue light, will result in the change of the visible light, thus changing the displayed image to be different from what the author intended?
Our eyes has a three kind of sensors that provide the brain R G and B signal. Light frequency that is in the blue range is sensed and translated into B so if you filter out part of it what happens is the value of B will be smaller than if there were no filter. If I were to create a screen I can compensate for that, if I were to create a lens that would be more challenging, to get the same ratio of RGB I would have to dim RG and brightness suffers. But if most part of the harmful frequency were anyway passing right through then the impact to the B signal maybe small in the first place and nothing needs to be done

Anyway in the end everything is in the eyes of the beholder, choose what is pleasing to you, no such thing as seeing what the creator sees, it’s not possible. I would choose a good screen than to wear filtering lens.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bruh, we get higher doses of background radiation coming from space than what any modern electronic device gives off. You might as well go full Amish and live without electricity if you're really this paranoid about it. Hopefully this is just satire, though.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Bruh, we get higher doses of background radiation coming from space than what any modern electronic device gives off. You might as well go full Amish and live without electricity if you're really this paranoid about it. Hopefully this is just satire, though.
We are evolutionary adapted to those, but not to EMF from the nintendo switch.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We are evolutionary adapted to those, but not to EMF from the nintendo switch.
Please tell me you're not serious. We're not cockroaches, any significant amount of radiation causes human cells to mutate, if it doesn't kill them outright. It's a good thing then that the background radiation we receive from space is not significant, and the radiation emitted by modern electronics is even less so.

If you really need a health issue to fret about, I'd suggest looking into microplastics. Our lungs are full of them.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Please tell me you're not serious. We're not cockroaches, any significant amount of radiation causes human cells to mutate, if it doesn't kill them outright. It's a good thing then that the background radiation we receive from space is not significant, and the radiation emitted by modern electronics is even less so.
Adding EMF from modern devices adds evolutionary pressure that was not there before.
If you really need a health issue to fret about, I'd suggest looking into microplastics. Our lungs are full of them.
I agree, that is a serious issue as well. Dont eat your switch.

Reactions: orangpelupa

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Adding EMF from modern devices adds evolutionary pressure that was not there before.
Evolution happens over hundreds of thousands/millions of years. You don't have to worry about humans being around that long if we keep letting climate change go on its current trajectory. Which is yet another issue that should take precedence in your mind over EMF from electronics.

I agree, that is a serious issue as well. Dont eat your switch.
Lol wasn't planning on it. Millennials and gen Z are both full of microplastics. At least we don't also have lead poisoned brains like the boomers, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill