Hardware Switch cleaning / Noisy fan

IlBelTia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, recently my Switch started running its fan very loudly, even when It has just been switched on. I fear that the cause would be that a lot of dust has accumulated inside the console, and that this could damage it. Does anyone have the same problem? Do you think my supposition is right, and that I shoud worry about it? Anyway, I'm afraid I don't feel confident at all about tearing apart my console... What am I supposed to do? Thank you very much for your answers.

Bradle6

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, recently my Switch started running its fan very loudly, even when It has just been switched on. I fear that the cause would be that a lot of dust has accumulated inside the console, and that this could damage it. Does anyone have the same problem? Do you think my supposition is right, and that I shoud worry about it? Anyway, I'm afraid I don't feel confident at all about tearing apart my console... What am I supposed to do? Thank you very much for your answers.
It is 6 screws or so to get back plate of and then a few more to take the shield of. I replaced my thermal paste a few months ago and realisticly it didn't do anything. I replaced mine with noctuas n1 or something I've used it in my last 2 gaming builds but didn't really improve over stock. V1 is just really a unoptimised chip for heat. Fixed all these issues in v2.

Reactions: r5xscn

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem with my Switch, i ended up replacing the fan and now it's as quiet as the day i bought it.

Really simple process.

Skickat från min SM-G998B via Tapatalk

mr_switch

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My ver1 Switch was also getting hot and loud fan noises so I just open up the back cover did some cleaning with a brush and use a powerful electric blower to get rid of the dust in the system and it now runs much quieter and cooler. If u are afraid of damaging the internal components like me just do what I did.

IlBelTia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, if you think it's easy enough, I could take in consideration the possibility to try by myself... Could you then suggest me a good noob proof guide and/or video that show clearly the process? Thank you

Crazy-S

Pessimist
Trophies
Website
dasbutterschnitzel.com
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users