Hardware Switch Brick by External Battery?

Clapmaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say while it wont brick you if you connect to your dock right away you can damage the dock, so wait at least 10 minutes after you stop using that battery with you switch before docking it.

Reactions: Clapmaster

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The issues with the third party docks was that they tried to use the quick charge Funktion but because the protocol the switch is using to communicate with a charger is not the same like mobile phones are using which lead the charger to output more current which Fries the power management IC. If you charge with a limit of 5v you’re good to go and everything gonna be fine.

Reactions: Clapmaster

Clapmaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been almost a week and I haven't had any problems with it so far. I really like the joycon grips that came with that thing. Joycons feel good to hold now and I bought some of those analog stick caps(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071FMCLZ7/) that double the height of the thumbsticks so Saints Row 3 and Splatoon 2 have been playing wonderfully in handheld mode. Feels more like I'm using an Xbox One pad now instead of joycons.

I will say while it wont brick you if you connect to your dock right away you can damage the dock, so wait at least 10 minutes after you stop using that battery with you switch before docking it.

Thanks for this info. I did read about that happening somewhere. I'll keep it in mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.