Hardware Switch won't dock - HDMI on external Monitor OK

Ja_Ci

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

i have here a Nintendo Switch with the problem that I don't get any picture on HDMI when I'm docking it through an original Docking Station - the Docking Station is fine and works with three other Switches.
If I'm connecting the defective switch through an USB-C cable to an external Monitor (one of this portable Displays which can also provide PowerDelivery) then I'm getting a normal picture just as I'd except.

The Switch was brought to me with an defective USB-C Port which I've replaced (checked all Lines for connection with a USB-C breakout).
After that I had to change the M92T36 because it wasn't fast charging - now it is charging fine with any orientation of the USB-C Cable.
On my last step I have also replaced the PI3USB to be double sure, but still no picture through the Docking Station.

The detailed situation at the Docking Station is as follows: After putting the switch in the LCD on the switch turns black and the LED of the Docking Stations turns solid green; the TV recognized a new device wents black and after a few seconds it shows no signal (it seems the HDMI handshake is failing). Side-Note: The Switch is also recongnized correctly with an USB-C cable on a Windows PC

The easy solution would be to use a aftermarket docking Station which should work like the external Monitor, but it would be nice to get it working again with the original docking Station. Maybe you would have some advise what I can check. Thanks in advance

Ja_Ci

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really Big THX for your help! :)
After changing the filters (I have taken some of two broken Raspberry Pi's) the Switch is now docking again. :yayswitch:
Even if the Filters had a good continuity, it seems they had disturbed the signal path.

VanillaThunder32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really Big THX for your help! :)
After changing the filters (I have taken some of two broken Raspberry Pi's) the Switch is now docking again. :yayswitch:
Even if the Filters had a good continuity, it seems they had disturbed the signal path.
How difficult is this repair?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended