• Views 45,298
  • Replies 161
  • Likes 19

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TX continues to be trash that pollutes the scene. Hopefully ReSwitched includes some code to detect the use of SX OS and block that Switch from using Atmosphere...
But what I said has nothing to do with that, it was only directed at people updating. Not about custom firmwares and so forth

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TX continues to be trash that pollutes the scene. Hopefully ReSwitched includes some code to detect the use of SX OS and block that Switch from using Atmosphere...
Yeah that will be good for the scene won't it? Why stop there? Why not make atmosphere brick if it detects lakka or Nintendo code?

D

Deleted User

OP
... Just no. I don't even. The post you made is a strawman and the idea is equally is as appalling.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah that will be good for the scene won't it? Why stop there? Why not make atmosphere brick if it detects lakka or Nintendo code?
Lmao, bricking if they detect Nintendo code. Good rippings for everyone.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: tbb043

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure this softmod will:
- Take a long time before it's released
- Be a hassle to perform (the initial entrypoint will probably be Puyo Tetris or PegaSwitch or similar)
- Won't work long term as Switches with FW <= 4.1 are running out

Even still I’m looking forward to it.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, apart from all the bickering and ktampon drama, I think the switch scene is maturing nicely without this deja vu exploit.

People have had long enough to get an exploitable console.

If the switch does become unhackable once again, it has got to be a good thing overall...

1) price of exploitable units will be higher.
2) it gives developers confidence in the console as their precious code won't be eyepatched. Even though piracy has not harmed sales of consoles ever as far as I can see... Excluding maybe the Amiga. This will lengthen the consoles life.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, apart from all the bickering and ktampon drama, I think the switch scene is maturing nicely without this deja vu exploit.

People have had long enough to get an exploitable console.

If the switch does become unhackable once again, it has got to be a good thing overall...

1) price of exploitable units will be higher.
2) it gives developers confidence in the console as their precious code won't be eyepatched. Even though piracy has not harmed sales of consoles ever as far as I can see... Excluding maybe the Amiga. This will lengthen the consoles life.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real question I've had is why are the devs taking the emunand approach in reverse. If I've was designing this CFW I'll replace the built in OS with mine and just run the clean nand (OFW)
Off the SD for online usage as a secondary self executed boot.

I just don't understand the need to use a jig on every boot more than 1 time. the current exploits out are more than enough to hijack the system to over write system functions completely at lest theoretically from what ive read of the documents.

The exploits for 4.1 seem rather pointless to me when you have a boot rom bug that's way more feasible to escalate with in terms of entry point.

I'll really like to know personally why there not just overwriting the switch with there CFW or talk of it being that way expressed. I've only come across information that states this will be a tethered boot even when atmosphere
Is released finally. I'm not in any way criticizing the devs work.

I'll just like to know if it's a limitation that's forcing them to use that route or personal choice.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why watch people struggling to make dongles to launch the payload when you can have tetherless booting and there's no need to keep the exploit secret coz big N ran the numbers
SciresM said the exploit for up to 3.01 is hard to be used as a final hack and the 3.02 to 4.1 is even way harder...

That's probably the reason and also the other that everyone already told which they were waiting for Mariko revision and see if we could get them hacked or be back to day 0 and someone need to find a new exploit all over again ;).
........I'll really like to know personally why there not just overwriting the switch with there CFW or talk of it being that way expressed...
Well I would vote for a full OS as emunand instead of making something very similar to stock FW.

Hell I wish someone could make something like XBMC as main OS and being emunand, in this case SWMC or SMC (Switch Media Center) :blink:.

Or something like Android as main Emunand OS and being able to launch Switch games from him, that would just kill everything, using Switch as a All-IN-ONE device without even needing to dual boot to Switch OS to play its games, don't even know is how would someone could make that or if its even possible ;).

Last edited by guily6669,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SciresM said the exploit for up to 3.01 is hard to be used as a final hack and the 3.02 to 4.1 is even way harder...

That's probably the reason and also the other that everyone already told which they were waiting for Mariko revision and see if we could get them hacked or be back to day 0 and someone need to find a new exploit all over again ;).
Without the cat the mouse would get bored and move on to something else. I mean most of the hackers do it for the challenge. If they stop being challenged, then what? We should thank Nintendo for making their console hacking scene so challenging/rewarding/awesome.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without the cat the mouse would get bored and move on to something else. I mean most of the hackers do it for the challenge. If they stop being challenged, then what? We should thank Nintendo for making their console hacking scene so challenging/rewarding/awesome.
As far as I know most hackers won't release anything until they have some new exploit or if it is silently patched on a newer FW or hardware revision...

Kids just go to the forums cry on them, while the community loses almost everything if you burn a exploit that could actually be working in the newer hardware model\FW, thats not the real community interest.

After Mariko comes what if it would never be hacked until a new Next Gen portable nintendo is out? We would be stucked 4 ever on this old model and lets face it, theres a really HUGE amount of hardware problems ;).

I know everyone say everything is getting hacked, well remember by each gen things are getting harder, even in the PC Denuvo delayed games for quite a few months (though I had a private hack working for a few months before the first versions of denuvo were actually publicly released). Though on the PC probably nothing ever beat the StarForce stupid ass protection with a game uncracked for more than a year.

ps: a lot of cracking teams disappeared and lot of them already told that its getting too hard to crack games and too much time lost and some day will be the end ;).

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I know most hackers won't release anything until they have some new exploit or if it is silently patched on a newer FW or hardware revision...

Kids just go to the forums cry on them, while the community loses almost everything if you burn a exploit that could actually be working in the newer hardware model\FW, thats not the real community interest.

After Mariko comes what if it would never be hacked until a new Next Gen portable nintendo is out? We would be stucked 4 ever on this old model and lets face it, theres a really HUGE amount of hardware problems ;).

I know everyone say everything is getting hacked, well remember by each gen things are getting harder, even in the PC Denuvo delayed games for quite a few months (though I had a private hack working for a few months before the first versions of denuvo were actually publicly released). Though on the PC probably nothing ever beat the StarForce stupid ass protection with a game uncracked for more than a year.

ps: a lot of cracking teams disappeared and lot of them already told that its getting too hard to crack games and too much time lost and some day will be the end ;).
Seems pretty active to me...

Capture.png

Reactions: MarkDarkness

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah off course as they already cracked almost all versions of denuvo... I mean in the beginning...

Voksi also just patched some of the latest versions for some games...

ps: When denuvo first appeared there was like 1 or 2 games cracked and the rest came almost a year after with everyone crazy spamming for a crack :) (I was privately and silently playing them like 4 months before everyone actually had the crack\patch as Voksi offered his private patch to me ;) ). I wonder what will come after this denuvo crap.

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well I would vote for a full OS as emunand instead of making something very similar to stock FW.

Hell I wish someone could make something like XBMC as main OS and being emunand, in this case SWMC or SMC (Switch Media Center) :blink:.

Or something like Android as main Emunand OS and being able to launch Switch games from him, that would just kill everything, using Switch as a All-IN-ONE device without even needing to dual boot to Switch OS to play its games, don't even know is how would someone could make that or if its even possible ;).

What I meant was it be easier to install CFW permanently on the switch and have emunand of the OFW.
it be a lot more productive as you would only need to go into rcm to run OFW for game updates and to buy games off the shop. instead of the other way around.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I meant was it be easier to install CFW permanently on the switch and have emunand of the OFW.
it be a lot more productive as you would only need to go into rcm to run OFW for game updates and to buy games off the shop. instead of the other way around.
READ: Insta-ban.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understood your post, but I actually prefer leaving the nand untouched and use a custom emunand, but I would really love to have a full custom emunand nothing even similar to the game launching menu Horizon OS which is almost as blank as playstation 1 OS :).

Reactions: c80

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I understood your post, but I actually prefer leaving the nand untouched and use a custom emunand, but I would really love to have a full custom emunand nothing even similar to the game launching menu Horizon OS which is almost as blank as playstation 1 OS :).
Make one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)