JT_Maston

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi.
Long story short. I left my switch in a safe for about a year, because I had to leave town. When I left it, it was charged to 100%, but over time the battery must have lost charge, because when I took it out, it was down to 0%.

Problem is, after charging to 100%, the battery is very unreliable, draining normally to until 80% then rapidly dropping to 1% and staying that way for about an hour of gaming.
I have power-cycled the console about 3 times. No difference.
Hekate keeps reporting different battery capacities every time. When I pulled it out of storage, it had a max 3666mAh. I thought it normal. But today, three days later, it's at 2700mAh.
Even so, at 0.0% (in Hekate), it doesn't turn off, and the battery's voltage is way above the empty voltage (screenshot attached).

What should I do? I'm afraid to let it discharge in hekate, since it's already on negative current (what black magic is that??).

Thanks.

Attachments

• nyx20200710_155657.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 230

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi.
Long story short. I left my switch in a safe for about a year, because I had to leave town. When I left it, it was charged to 100%, but over time the battery must have lost charge, because when I took it out, it was down to 0%.

Problem is, after charging to 100%, the battery is very unreliable, draining normally to until 80% then rapidly dropping to 1% and staying that way for about an hour of gaming.
I have power-cycled the console about 3 times. No difference.
Hekate keeps reporting different battery capacities every time. When I pulled it out of storage, it had a max 3666mAh. I thought it normal. But today, three days later, it's at 2700mAh.
Even so, at 0.0% (in Hekate), it doesn't turn off, and the battery's voltage is way above the empty voltage (screenshot attached).

What should I do? I'm afraid to let it discharge in hekate, since it's already on negative current (what black magic is that??).

Thanks.
I think Hekate has an option to fix battery calibration.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you need to drain the battery in Horizon and then drain it the rest of the way in Hekate.

my switch is same since its on 10.0.4....it suddently drained after 20 min (from 100 to 0)....max voltage was 950 mAh but i powercycled it now its on 3700....iguess i need to do it few times more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s