• Replies 844
  • Likes 72

grytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Because LayeredFS can run Mario Tennis and shitty SX can't.

Enviado de meu SM-G935F usando Tapatalk
So you man Mario tennis is really game that many people are dying to play compared to many highly rated games that works with SX ? The reason why it has many pages because it has more issues as many are unable to get it working fine.

EDIT: SX OS updated to support Card2 Games, so mario tennis works. It did not take too long.

Last edited by grytek,

carlitoscool

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!
Did you get to run Splatoon 2 with the last release of XCI2CONVERTER? I've obtained a screen error and I have the correct keys
Could you help me?
Thanks!

Attachments

• DgSyOpJWsAAWQXm.jpg
    DgSyOpJWsAAWQXm.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 441
Reactions: Jimmay123

SG911

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch backup loading is here: [prebreak]1[/prebreak]

1) Get a title id of any game you have installed from http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Title_list/Games (this is your target titleid)
2) Create a directory on SD : sd:/atmosphere/titles/*target_titleid*
3) use hactool to extract the romfs.bin and exefs files from your main nca from the game you want to run instead of your target (its in secure from XCI - the biggest one)
4) put romfs.bin in sd:/atmosphere/titles/*target_titleid*/romfs.bin, exefs files into sd:/atmosphere/titles/*target_titleid*/exefs/
5) Edit titleid in main.npdm (in exefs) to contain target title id (http://carlus.altervista.org/nx/title_id_patcher.html)
6) run a fs_mitm containing CFW release, run your target app (Cannot share the CFW files here, grab them from https://discordapp.com/invite/NbfhykM)

Note that saves don't work for me atm, you should wait for mememenu/similar.
Minecraft works, others not tested.

proof video:

Not understanding step 3 how to i find this file that i need to extrac those other files? When i do find that file do i just double click hactool & it does it or? Step 6 is confusing as well but i can't get there yet cause i'm stuck on step 3 but reading it has me lost either way. Thanks in advance.

Greg0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've almost completed all these steps but in the XCI decrypter section of LFS kit it keeps saying "the game xci file must be located next to this applications .exe file :)" not matter where i put the file. Am i supposed to put it in the LFS folder? It says everything you needs is in that LFS kit folder.
You have to rename the game you want to "game.xci"

kucarachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to rename the game you want to "game.xci"
Well i guess it worked out for me because i bought the SX OS license and damn do they make it easy. It's way easier to just copy some games to a microsd card and not mess with anything else.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not yet, it requires the code to find and delete the logs... Which I don't know if anyone know the directory before being sent to nintendo
No I'm not talking about deleting logs. Layeredfs deliberately invokes custom error codes, for debug purposes. I'm talking about removing those lines of the program, so it... doesn't.

carlitoscool

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just seen this on the awesome table that show the compatibility of games with LayeredFs and it says that in order to get work Crash Bandicoot we have to extract some nca archive but I don't know how to do it
If some of you know how to do it I let you the link of the tuto

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-06-29-23-28-12.png
    Capture+_2018-06-29-23-28-12.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 525

ressit

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
0100000000010000-mario donor - I am Setuna
0100000000010000-mariodo nor -Wizard of Legend
Who knows what donor does
I try with mario but not

Wistfuldaffodil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don´t go online with backups. Problem solved.
The one thing that everyone that runs backups needs to figure out is how to make a cert patcher program that patches certs using a game that the person that wants to install the game owns (like a free game such as Shuffle, Shelter, or a demo.) Then people can finally get online like they did on 3ds.

LFPereira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could someone provide me a DOOM save.dat, extracted with Checkpoint?

I'm going to try to use this save to start DOOM with LayeredFS, since the error occurs when the game tries to create the save.

github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think