binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to recall there being a way to replace the Nintendo Switch animation in the lower right hand corner of the splash screen right after launching a new game, Anyone familiar with how to do that? IIRC it’s a half dozen or so small pics that are played in rapid succession but I can’t locate where I read the technique. I think you can also replace the Licensed by Nintendo in the upper left too. Any help?
DA8188D3-C735-4069-B7AB-1A8C83E462C5.jpeg

Reactions: MORSHU8KRTXON

proconsule54

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is located in Logo Partition of Application NCA (it is a simple GIF)

test.jpg

Extraction is a simple task, change it will for sure break signatures (not required to get it works but is ugly)

Last edited by proconsule54,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is located in Logo Partition of Application NCA (it is a simple GIF)

View attachment 275990

Extraction is a simple task, change it will for sure break signatures (not required to get it works but is ugly)

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Couldn’t I put new ones in as part of a patch that sits over the top of all games essentially replacing the originals or is that not how things work? Was thinking it would be a bunch of .ips files just like the boot logo mod.

Reactions: proconsule54

proconsule54

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the logo partition is the only one not encrypted, and i think they are easy to replace with the right tools (i think of hactool or others)

To extract you can use my NSP Indexer.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the logo partition is the only one not encrypted, and i think they are easy to replace with the right tools (i think of hactool or others)

To extract you can use my NSP Indexer.

Thanks for the hints. You were right. It was easy enough to extract.

86B01978-19DC-42F6-8D35-A0A78273C1F8.gif

Still struggling to figure out where I’m meant to put it in Layerdfs to preempt the original from showing…

StartupMovie.gif

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it's covered by layeredfs, that only replaces files from the romfs, not the other partitions. Support for replacing the logos from files would have to be added as a separate feature, like the sysmodule that allows replacing game icons. The only current way to replace them is by rebuilding the game.

Bánh Mì

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it's covered by layeredfs, that only replaces files from the romfs, not the other partitions. Support for replacing the logos from files would have to be added as a separate feature, like the sysmodule that allows replacing game icons. The only current way to replace them is by rebuilding the game.
Sys tweak you mean?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Maybe a sysmodule could do similar for the logo animations, if it weren't done by Atmosphere itself.

Changing the game icon.jpg via sys-tweak was exactly what I was messing with that lead me down this rabbit hole. I pulled the alternate .gif from one of the retroArch forwarder threads where they do indeed build it into the new nsp they create. Appreciate the guidance. I either have to go much deeper or just leave it alone at this point…

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for lack of trying though. I found the files using DBI inside the /logo directory but they were read only. So far haven’t been able to figure out a way to get them to be read/write and change them. Like @hippy dave said it’s still an nsp rebuild at this time.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool