Gaming Switch 4.0.0

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
The video feature works like Shadow Play. It saves the past 30 seconds of gameplay. It doesn't record your actual current play. I hope nintendo adds a realtime recording with unlimited length in the future.

Dogenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm ok with only 30 sec of recording, i don't want to record gameplay but just highlights of the stupid things that i do.
If someone wanted to record gameplay for example to upload it on youtube they should use a capture card for better quality even if the switch could record 15 minutes like PS4 (the PS4 video capture videos have low quality or at least it looked like this when i tried it on a friend's console)

Reactions: DarkIrata

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by SonicMC,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what's still shitty about the vid capture is you can only post it to fb and twit. no transferring it to the sd card to go edit on your pc than upload to yt/twitch

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Has anybody tried updating their joycons (included in 4.0.0) and then seeing if they'd work with a system on older firmware?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyone try it yet? In case if anyone was wondering, I did, and I got the encoding data according to VLC player, I compared it with the one on Nvidia shield tv so you anyone can see how much of it is common. :ninja:

SWITCH SHIELD

upload_2017-10-19_5-0-56.png
upload_2017-10-19_5-2-39.png

Minus the small difference in frames (They both are still 30FPS or trying to be close enough) only actual difference here seem to be that the Nvidia shield encoder uses 41000 audio instead of 48000, Probably cause it does record voice audio at the same time or another reason. Besides that they are both very much identical. Even though the Shield can record much longer than 30 seconds worth of video and at 1920x1080P by choice, it still is unable to do 60FPS. This is probably meaningless to some people but here it is anyway. As for how it looks on youtube or any On demand video stream sites, I dunno since i never uploaded any of them. But I can imagine that 720P at 30FPS in 2017 isn't as popular. :unsure:

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
Transfer ("moving" from A to B) is still different from backup ("copying" from A to B or external storage). I really don't like that. At least Sony didn't force you to use their cloud service to backup your saves.

I get the difference and agree. It's still long overdue and better then nothing particularly for people who have two switches. It also means if you have a problem with your switch still within your return period you can deal with it locally instead of sending it back to Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle