Hardware Swapping SD Cards on a modded switch!

Stark264

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a method to swapping sd cards without losing any info? In other words, If I buy a bigger card and transfer my data from the old card to the new one will there be any issues? or is there a specific way to do it?

I apologize ahead of time if I posted in the wrong section or if this question has been asked. I couldn't find any answers and i've been looking for quite a bit.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You *should* be able to copy everything to your computer from your old sd card, then copy everything to the new card. But I've seen people say everything didn't copy. But it's still the only method of getting it to the new card.

Stark264

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You *should* be able to copy everything to your computer from your old sd card, then copy everything to the new card. But I've seen people say everything didn't copy. But it's still the only method of getting it to the new card.

Okay, I'll give it a try. Hopefully it all works out. Thank You.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I just bought a 400GB, waiting for it to arrive today. Hopefully I get no issues.
Did everything go ok with the SD swap? I upgraded my microsd card a couple of days ago and lost all my installed .nsp games and had to reinstall them.
The switch gave me errors on every game I tried to run. It might have been due to me inserting the card into the switch before moving everything back onto it first, but I can't say for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works