Swapping ISP?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by playallday, Dec 30, 2009.

Dec 30, 2009

Swapping ISP? by playallday at 9:02 PM (733 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. playallday
    OP

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada

Last edited by playallday, Jun 23, 2015
  2. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    That Speedtouch should be fine if you have another router with DD-WRT to handle the more heavy things such as NAT and so on.

I don't have either isp so I can't really answer your other question properly. You shouldn't notice any difference in browsing normal content with a 5meg connection. When it comes to downloading, or streaming high quality content you will notice a difference.

3. playallday
    OP

Canada

4. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    So you're using Rogers Extreme. I'm on Express right now and am dying with the 60 GB cap. I was planning on switching to TekSavvy but decided against it because of the slower speeds.

I heard that Teksavvy throttles when you connect to BitTorrent but unlike Rogers there is a way to block that. Well, actually, Bell considering that TekSavvy goes through Bell. Another reason I didn't go to TekSavvy is their reliance on Bell. If you have a problem with you're connection, it's likely that they won't be able to fix it considering they go through Bell. They'll probably tell you to contact Bell and Bell has horrible customer support. I used to be with them.

Personally, I wouldn't go to TekSavvy but that's my opinion. TekSavvy does have an "unlimited" service which I will admit, is awesome. Then again, the slower speeds stopped from switching.

5. playallday
    OP

Canada