XP
Country
United States

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finally got a full .wad and not a 4kb .wad, tried to insert south park into pokemon snap, but it's stuck at the you will need the classic controller screen, too bad.
frown.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, since we can inject DOL files into a channel, couldn't this make a homebrew loader channel in itself? Just inject the DOL for any regular SD loader and it would work exactly like TWiiZers Homebrew Channel, wouldn't it?

Nightstalker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Willemoke said:
I finally got a full .wad and not a 4kb .wad, tried to insert south park into pokemon snap, but it's stuck at the you will need the classic controller screen, too bad.
frown.gif
If you want instant gratification then try a combo that is known to work. lol

Nightstalker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
underpressure116 said:
So, since we can inject DOL files into a channel, couldn't this make a homebrew loader channel in itself? Just inject the DOL for any regular SD loader and it would work exactly like TWiiZers Homebrew Channel, wouldn't it?
The latest injectuwad release v2 has homebrew channel support.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm aware, that's what I'm talking about. Since we have that and can inject any DOL we should be able to load any regular homebrew loader, thereby making Twiizers Channel obsolete (at least until Nintendo patches these custom channels out).

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll test some loaders to see if they boot, although I can't use most of them because I don't have a GC controller. Also, I'd like to point out that the Twiizers channel is a piece of art. They coded their own hack (I assume), my program is simply piggy backing off of an installable wad that someone else created.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but their homebrew channel is basically this except they piggy-backed the Mii channel code for it. Of course, I'm not putting down the HB Channel, it has been a God-send for me, but I was just pointing out there is now an easier way to do the same things it does.

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sigma.nl said:
I had the same problem as retroguy, I think the issue could be related with some MS Hotfixes or something like that,
I'm now using a Vmware session with winXP installed on it. Now I've succesfully injected Chrono Trigger and mariokart
YEAH
grog.gif
after two days of playing aroud with injections

retroguy, when you play mario kart have you got problems collection items (question marks, coins)
I can race but can't pickup items
wacko.gif
have you got the same problem.

EDIT: Mario kart crashed ooooh no

retroguy if mariokart works fine with you wad what's the mario kart rom type you used? or [e]

Mario Kart runs fine on my wii. I did use the [e] version to create the WAD. I can collect coins, and the only time I crash is when I get off the track.
grog.gif

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
aaa2 said:
you have to put your common-key.bin in a the folder "C:/documents and settings//.wii" and rename the common-key.bin to just common-key! is your username in windows and leave out the . to make a .wii folder make a bat with following content ren wii .wii

No, you don't need a .wii folder with content. Just unzip injectuwad v2 to an empty folder and add common-key.bin to That same folder. I know you get an error report somewhere halfway when you are making your wad, but that has no effect on the outcome. Believe me, by now I already made quite some SNES wads without having a .wii folder somewhere, and the wads all work fine (without the exception of Twinbee (E), but that is because the romsize is larger than the entry size).

aaa2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retroguy i am using windows xp service pack 2 and i did not get any wad at all before making that .wii folder. But since i use that i do not even get this error message anymore! But there still is one problem though 4100 error on my when i try to install it damn!
edit:
forgot to mention i still use injectuwad 1.0 but now also tried injectuwad 2.0 and you are right that you do not have to have the .wii folder with the new injectuwad but the problem still is i still get 4100 error!

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
retroguy said:
sigma.nl said:
I had the same problem as retroguy, I think the issue could be related with some MS Hotfixes or something like that,
I'm now using a Vmware session with winXP installed on it. Now I've succesfully injected Chrono Trigger and mariokart
YEAH
grog.gif
after two days of playing aroud with injections

retroguy, when you play mario kart have you got problems collection items (question marks, coins)
I can race but can't pickup items
wacko.gif
have you got the same problem.

EDIT: Mario kart crashed ooooh no

retroguy if mariokart works fine with you wad what's the mario kart rom type you used? or [e]

Mario Kart runs fine on my wii. I did use the [e] version to create the WAD. I can collect coins, and the only time I crash is when I get off the track.
grog.gif

Yeah the rom was FU used another rom and it now working like charm.
thnx

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about playing through Earthbound and was wondering if there is any inherent positive playing using the VC's emulator vs SNES9x Wii emulator? (outside of having it be a Wii channel) Mainly any difference in the quality of the emulation itself between the two emulators.

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only loaders that come in .dol format I could find were Sven's sd front loader and the geckoloader, but they do work! Still trying to figure out how to inject .elf files.

Also, can we PLEASE PLEASE post in this topic from now on? Its getting hectic trying to run around several topics that have essentially turned into the same subject, and its easier for me to post new releases on the front page. Thanks.

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
aaa2 said:
retroguy i am using windows xp service pack 2 and i did not get any wad at all before making that .wii folder. But since i use that i do not even get this error message anymore! But there still is one problem though 4100 error on my when i try to install it damn!
edit:
forgot to mention i still use injectuwad 1.0 but now also tried injectuwad 2.0 and you are right that you do not have to have the .wii folder with the new injectuwad but the problem still is i still get 4100 error!

Sorry, I can't help you with that error report. I have not had it myself, but perhaps someone else can help you.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Smashingblue said:
I was thinking about playing through Earthbound and was wondering if there is any inherent positive playing using the VC's emulator vs SNES9x Wii emulator? (outside of having it be a Wii channel) Mainly any difference in the quality of the emulation itself between the two emulators.

Well from experience - it's much more natural to play on VC then on SNES9x Wii Emulator

Also because the PAL fix for the Wii emulator runs either too slow or too fast.
The VC is perfect once you get the games to work.

Yet it is really down to preference.
I tried to play Treasure Hunter G through the Emulator and it was tedious with the music constantly slowing and speeding up.
But this afternoon I successfully got it too work on VC and it plays like a dream
smile.gif

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone able to play Smash with 4 players? I can only get 2 to work. When I plug in a GC controller in port 3, there is no movement on the screen.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outphase said:
Is anyone able to play Smash with 4 players? I can only get 2 to work. When I plug in a GC controller in port 3, there is no movement on the screen.
You'd have to use a wad from a game that supports 4 players and inject it into that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==