SvSIP: use your DS as a phone!

94dan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I DNS test with wifi-config.nds, it ALWAYS fails, but the connection works in every WiFi game. I'm confused about that.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
My DS cuts out after exactly thirty seconds every time!
frown.gif
Calling to +61 Australia, it works perfect using the VOIPBuster client. Thoughts? My config is default with VoIPbuster's settings for the domain parameter.

samuelv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is the value of register parameter ? Is it the same of VOIPBuster Client ?

Could you activate log file ? You must add this parameters in config.txt
Code:
--log-level 5
--log-file svsip/log.txt

Could you analyze log file or send it to me ?

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
What should the register parameter be? My config file as follows, the log was blank...

Code:
# This is a comment in the config file.
# Information on http://svsip.free.fr

# Set domain sip provider (example: freephonie.net)
--domain sip.voipbuster.com

# Set authentication username
--username dylant1

# Set authentication password
--password *edited out, woops!*

# Optional registration interval (default 55) (for freephonie set 1800)
--reg-timeout 1800

# Optional microphone volume (default 1.0)
--mic-level 3.0

# Optional speaker volume (default 1.0)
#--speaker-level 1.0

# Optional for expert: set realm
#--realm
#optional: Âlog to filename
#--log-file directory/filename
# optional: set log max level to N (0(none) to 6(trace))
#--log-level

# Enable ICE (default:no)
#--use-ice

# Add the specified nameserver to enable SRV resolution
# This option can be specified multiple times.
#--nameserver XXXXXXXX
          Â
--log-level 5
--log-file svsip/log.txt

Kissker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the latest version I can get on, make a call.. however the sound quality on the phone I call is bad... I can't make anything out.

Ive tested on a land line and a cell phone, and Iam in the US, I used voipbuster.

I plan to use some other SIP services.. maybe they will clear things up for it, the sound on the DS comes in pretty clear, almost perfect, just the sound from the DS to the phone is bad...

perhaps theres a way to fix it? maybe a microphone/headset? anyone can test this.. it would be great.

nds.gif

**Edit**
Can't seem to find another VoIP to use... I've messed with the mic and speaker settings but the sound quality isn't any better on the Phone end of the conversation- the DS side is still very clear.

I might scrap working on this and try to find a way to Text Message a Cell-phone from my DSlite instead.... and recieve texts...

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. I get a error message saying Guru Meditation Error. Can someone tell me the exact exact steps to get this to work? What do I put on the card and what do I not? What should the config file look like for voipbuster? I think I registered right. I made an account. That's all I have to do to register correct? Also does the main svsip.nds file stay in the same folder? I need EXACT EXACT steps plz^^ That vid doesn't explain everything.

ps. when i go to wificonfig.nds, it connects perfectly but when I go to ssvip.nds, it shows the orange samuel screen at the top but at the top, it is a red error screen with Guru Meditation Error.

bangity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what i have found after spending 3 days doing research:

Download version 7th on the web and extract it out.

1. copy everything onto the root of the memory card (MicroSD in this case for R4), well, you don't need readme.txt or wifi.nds if you have a commercials game that can setup the wifi.
Patch your .nds file if the card doesn't have auto patching on. R4 in this case is unnecessary. (version 1.14)
2. edit your config file..

- DO NOT ADD ANYTHING NEW OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL FORMAT, for sip.voipbuster.com

--domain sip.voipbuster.com
--username yourusername
--password yourpassword
... whatever here i don't remember but that's all you need. You people add the --contact but it isn't necessary that i've found.

3. Now it should works.

-- And if you are using a router, open ports 5060 but i don't know if this is necessary because we don't have the --contact in the config file and we are not having any kind of connection to our local computer ip. So, try this on your own.

========================PROBLEMS=================

1. Stuck at the splash screen and nothing happened
- this is because it is trying to connect to your wifi connection. It will stuck forever until it is connected to the wifi. To fix this, well, i am using Soft AP for Nintendo Wifi Adapter. You have to set the Network Authentication to Open, WEP key to manual, Hide SSID (this is unnecessary, it doesn't matter. I hid mine and it still works)

2. Invalid URL: username@(null) (version 6th) will say this but in version 7th, it still say something similar like call.c invalid...
They are the same error actually. To solve this, GO back to the config file and again.. don't add anything else other than the suggested parameters.. Thanks Samuel!!!

3. If you still stuck at the splash screen, try to Unhide SSID, No WEP key, Network Authentication = Open, AGAIN this most important thing, No Firewall (Windows Firewall doesn't block this, if you're using ESET Smart Security - Only solution, uninstall it)

dohntaut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been using svsip and it works well. just one question- does anyone know of a good voip provider that is free or has a good free service. i have been using voipbuster and its ok but i really get tired of the 10 call limit.

SoLiD.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did the whole Svsip instructions but i keep getting this error on the top screen of my DS lite

17:17:34.000 arm9_wifi.c cannot connect
17:17:34.000 os_core_nds.c pjlib 0.7.0-trunk for NDS initialized
17:17:34.000 sip_endpoint.c creating endpoint instance...
17:17:34.000 pjlib select ( ) I/O Queue created (0x218e1d0)
17:17:32.000 sip_endpoint.c module "mod-msg-pring" registered
17:17:34.000 sip_transport. Transport manager created.
assertion "status ==0" failed: file "g: /samuel/sources/c/pjproject-svn/
pjsip/src/pjsua-lib/pjsua_core.c" , line 588

soo can anyone please help, thx

mighty_falcon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone gotten it to work with vbuzzer? if so can you tell me what settings you used? they seem to use port 5090 and i have no idea how to switch it to port 5090 instead of 5060

also anyone else found that the quality of the sound when uspoke from the ds was not too good?

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bump.

So I rediscovered this homebrew.. for the fourth time now,
tongue.gif
and I'm having some issues with it...

I'm using voipcheap with it, and it dials and calls and everything, but I can't hear anything? When I talk into the DS, the other person cannot hear me, and I cannot hear them. Anyone know how to fix this?

NightbladeEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I'm new but I having Problems with my SvSIP yeah the NumPad and everything works fine and all but when I try Calling it says

State: Calling
(Fraction of a Second)
State: Disconnctd

And yeah I call like this (001*******)

I think I have done everything ok and fine just look at the Picture.

2qv6upv.jpg

(From Down to Up)

And it is DLDI Patched.

I sometimes feel like this
hate2.gif

NightbladeEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
samuelv said:
Which is your SIP provider ?
By that as in do I have a VoipBuster Account then no, but I want a diffrent way though, I tried using others but still get the same problem. And I wish to know what is the "Wifi.Sample.txt" for. I would need your help ^^" badly. Do you have to actually open Port 5060 to use the SvSIP? Opening a Port is Risky.

EDIT:
Yeah I made a VOIPBuster Account and it worked but then it said "You Limit of Calls has Ended Please buy calls"
hate2.gif

EDIT2:
I have tried every single of the Voip Programs and they all Say I dont have Credit Calls, please buy more. Well that sucks. Glad to helped out Badly.
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-