.svf versus .nds files? (please help lol)

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Swifteye, Oct 5, 2008.

Oct 5, 2008
  1. Swifteye
    OP

Newcomer Swifteye Member

United States
    alrite so after extracting all .zip files each rom produced a folder. within each folder was another .zip along with other garbage (jpeg images, links, etc.). most zip files within the folders simply produced a .nds file as was expected. however, others did not simply have another .zip file within the first folder, they contained several .zip files, rangin from 3 to about 10 different zips with a name followed by something like .r01, or 2,3,4 etc. then there would be a last called .rar. and then a final file, not in zip format, but in .svf format. my question is what am i to do with all these random files? do i extract them all and add them to my ttds card root (im assuming no) or do i just add the .svf file? idk but i am horribly confused and will be eternally grateful to anyone who can enlighten me on the subject lol. thanks

update: after extracting the files they all seemed to produce an identical .nds file, but now i am unsure as to whether i need to put the .nds, .svf, or both onto my card root?

2. wzeroc

Member wzeroc GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    you just need to unzip/unrar the .rar file and then copy the .nds file. The .svf file is not needed to be copied to your card root.

3. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    the sfv file is used to check that the CRC's of your rar files are the same. you can download quicksfv if you want to check them.

sfv site: http://www.quicksfv.org/

4. Swifteye
    OP

Newcomer Swifteye Member

United States
    ok thanks a bunch guys