Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But an update is the only possible answer? That's what I'm asking. Not necessarily the NEXT update, but there's nothing any homebrew can do to give us access.
ah, yes. I believe so. I think the *hax source was made public if you feel like having a go at it, though : )

Arikaido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, yes. I believe so. I think the *hax source was made public if you feel like having a go at it, though : )
That's.... Not a horrible idea. At least it would be if I knew anything about programming(?), lol. I guess this could be my reason to learn.

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's.... Not a horrible idea. At least it would be if I knew anything about programming(?), lol. I guess this could be my reason to learn.
I can only assume a lot of people would be eternally grateful (me included), if anyone could fix it. svdt and SDM are the only options available to me and they work great. the official tool seems a little complex to be honest

Arikaido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only assume a lot of people would be eternally grateful (me included), if anyone could fix it. svdt and SDM are the only options available to me and they work great. the official tool seems a little complex to be honest
I just have no idea where to start or what I might need. If I do anything about it, I probably won't have results for a while. It's likely that smea or someone is already working on a resolution for this issue.

I just want to modify my Final Fantasy Explorers save........ T-T

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
My personal though: people with access to emunand shouldn't use svdt unless they know what they are doing and why they are using svdt instead of jksavemanager (or savedatafiler, but why use a leaked tool when there's a better homebrew for the same purpose). jksavemanager for cfw, which allows to backup/restore any save regardless of encryption and can be used with all titles without rebooting. Svdt won't work as cia, so running it requires rebooting (to return to cfw). As you can see it's not the ideal for usage under custom firmware.

svdt was made for userland (those without custom firmware), and because of how it works it has limitations. For example any game released after july 2015 probably won't work under svdt due to 9.6+ encryption. That includes final fantasy explorers @Arikaido

Had to do browserhax in emunand to get all the games to load. Can I really only get one savegame at a time when I launch the manager?
Oh, your problem was launching it under sysnand, since there's no signature patching running your "not legit" installed titles won't show up. Read above's comment if you don't want trouble.

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly do I move my saves from sd card to the system? I keep getting "error writing file result code c88044651, error reading directory result code d8e007f7 and it says svdt has encountered an error and has halted to protect your data". Can anyone help?

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Can a save transfert be added to svdt ?

It's because I have 2 3DSs. I have also the same games on each console, because sometimes I need the extra buttons of the n3DS, or other times I want the big screen of my o3DS XL (and also sometimes one of my two consoles are busy : dumping, decrypting, etc..)

So each time I switch console I have to open my FTP client on my PC, then connect to my two 3DSs, then run svdt on one of them, copy my save file to my PC, then copy them again to my other 3DS, then run svdt again to import the save, and then delete all the unecessary files ... quite boring and useless if we can make a simple file/save transfert between 3DS.
Also, this can be very useful for long trips, we get double of the battery life (because I have two consoles, obvious :P)

So an option like (Transfert/recieve save file) in svdt would help me a lot :D

Thank you for reading me, and sorry for my English ^^

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How exactly do I move my saves from sd card to the system? I keep getting "error writing file result code c88044651, error reading directory result code d8e007f7 and it says svdt has encountered an error and has halted to protect your data". Can anyone help?

Move your pointer on the right panel, to the savefile you're trying to import : to know what the savefile for your game is, look at svdt auto-backups in "svdt/<game name>/<time stamp>" ; whatever is in that folder is your savefile. If it's a single file, move your cursor on it, if it's a bunch of files &/or folders move your cursor on the "[...]" button at the top of the list. Then press Y to copy that savefile then Select to overwrite the current cart's savefile with it.

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. SVDT loads just fine, but nevers let me select a target app. I'm on Ironhax, and I've tried with the other ones and only this one works. Is there anything I have to do in order to choose my target app? I'm trying to get Pokémon X's savefile.
try holding L while selecting it. worked for me

Edit: Gridlauncher also fixed my issue

Last edited by Ricken,

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How will I use SVDT again?
It seems fine last time I used it on October, but now I can't seem to choose folders anymore :(
Pressing up or down won't change the >>> pointer, as it remains frozen on the top.
I'm trying to access Pokemon Rumble World BTW.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How will I use SVDT again?
It seems fine last time I used it on October, but now I can't seem to choose folders anymore :(
Pressing up or down won't change the >>> pointer, as it remains frozen on the top.
I'm trying to access Pokemon Rumble World BTW.

Did you update svdt & the HBL payloads to the latest version ?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi