Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

dannyboy941

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon X/Y EU Digital/Physical SUCCESS with no crash after startup.
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby EU Digital/Physical SUCCESS with no crash after startup.
Super Mario 3D Land EU Digital/Physical SUCCESS with no crash after startup.
The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds EU Digital/Physical SUCCESS with no crash after startup they works all for me but. I have three more they dont Work.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity EU only try with Physical was FAILED crash after Startup shows black screen at Top Screen and on under screen White.
Animal Crossing New Leaf EU i try only with Physical was FAILED it shows black screen with some screw up colors but is crashed.
Kirby Triple Deluxe EU i try only with Physical was FAILED to it shows same was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon does.
Super Smash Bros 3ds EU DEMO Digital was FAILED it does the same was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon does.
I use IronHax with version 2.1 fixed Nintendo 3ds Old OFW 10.0.0.27EU my SD card is Kingston 32 GB Micro Sd 30 MB pro sec Write/Read.

Last edited by dannyboy941,
Reactions: Zarde_Draco

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
But I have Smash and ACNL! Those have reported glitches.
Problem seems to be on O3DS, AFAIK. In my case, I have that console and glitching problem!

Edit: Cartridge problem: FIFA 13 (IK, isn't very popular, but...). And problem occurs with both based "Smea's sploit" save managers.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bug report: When trying to dump the entire save directory of games like Animal Crossing or Kid Icarus either manually or through the emergency mode, svdt fails. I believe the issue stems from those games having a colon in their titles.
"Animal Crossing: New Leaf"
"Kid Icarus: Uprising"
I think the easiest solution to this would be to have the program just use an underscore instead of a colon for directory names.

I'm using the cartridge version of these games if it matters.

Reactions: meladroit

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country
Bug report: When trying to dump the entire save directory of games like Animal Crossing or Kid Icarus either manually or through the emergency mode, svdt fails. I believe the issue stems from those games having a colon in their titles.
"Animal Crossing: New Leaf"
"Kid Icarus: Uprising"
I think the easiest solution to this would be to have the program just use an underscore instead of a colon for directory names.

I'm using the cartridge version of these games if it matters.

Nice projection, however I think people reported problems with Super Smash Bros as well :/

Reactions: Zarde_Draco

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice projection, however I think people reported problems with Super Smash Bros as well :/
I don't have the problem with Smash Bros. It works just fine for me. Only games that have a colon in their title causes the program to throw the error, and only when I have svdt copy the whole directory. If I only copy one item from the save data, it works fine.

Edit: To clarify, the app doesn't glitch up, it just throws the error "svdt has encountered an error, and has halted to protect your data. Press START to exit."

Last edited by Blazingflare,

meladroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the problem with Smash Bros. It works just fine for me. Only games that have a colon in their title causes the program to throw the error, and only when I have svdt copy the whole directory. If I only copy one item from the save data, it works fine.
Yeah, I think this is definitely a problem with forbidden characters in file/directory names. I'll put out a quick fix.

Edit: Fix is out. ACNL emergency backup works for me now.

Last edited by meladroit,

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if I may, I would like to make a couple fairly simple feature requests.

1. Could you make it so the program sorts the files/directories by name rather than in the order that it reads them? It would make it easier to find everything.

2. I noticed that when you dump the save in emergency mode, the save is stored in /svdt/[gamename]/[timestamp]/; while when you manually copy the whole save directory, it is stored in [current directory]/[gamename]_[timestamp]. Could you add a feature so when you manually copy the entire save directory, you could choose whether to store it in a folder in the current directory or inside the svdt folder as with emergency mode?
You could accomplish this by simply adding a prompt when you attempt to copy the entire save directory.
EX: "Push "y" to store the save file in the current SD directory. Or push "a" to store it in /svdt/[gamename]/[timestamp]/"

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a theory about the glitchy games after reading several different posts: someone said they are only N3ds enhanced games. Well, hb laucnher launches save manager under the game's title so it can access its savedata. When the homebrew is launched under that title, o3DS detects the title launched, thinks it is a N3DS enhanced game and then the FIRMWARE makes whatever it makes to boot these N3DS enhanced games.

So I guess the solution is for the homebrew launcher to boot the games under that title, but prevent the firmware from doing what it is supposed to do with those titles, but I don't know if that would be possible with the current exploit.

Also, if I may, I would like to make a couple fairly simple feature requests.

1. Could you make it so the program sorts the files/directories by name rather than in the order that it reads them? It would make it easier to find everything.

2. I noticed that when you dump the save in emergency mode, the save is stored in /svdt/[gamename]/[timestamp]/; while when you manually copy the whole save directory, it is stored in [current directory]/[gamename]_[timestamp]. Could you add a feature so when you manually copy the entire save directory, you could choose whether to store it in a folder in the current directory or inside the svdt folder as with emergency mode?
You could accomplish this by simply adding a prompt when you attempt to copy the entire save directory.
EX: "Push "y" to store the save file in the current SD directory. Or push "a" to store it in /svdt/[gamename]/[timestamp]/"
I like that suggestion very much, great for keeping multiple backups of the same game.

meladroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v0.3 [alpha] has been pushed to GitHub. The two main takeaways:

This doesn't allow us to delete the secure value either, right?
No ... but with v0.3, we now have rudimentary support against anti-savegame restore. When svdt loads and gets information about the target title, it will attempt to fetch the secure value from the save currently in save data, and will use that for the rest of the session to appropriately modify any files being restored that hold what may be an older secure value.

Built-in offsets are implemented for all known games, and there is undocumented functionality at the moment to specify custom offsets and filenames. However, the current priority is to get save restore working with Pokémon Rumble World (which just means learning how to use zlib properly).

The functionality has also only ever been tested once, on Pokémon Shuffle. It did work, but of course, always back up your saves off-3DS.

adding a prompt when you attempt to copy the entire save directory.
Done. (Essentially exactly as you asked, in fact.)

Sorting files alphabetically may come, but it's not a priority at the moment.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
v0.3 [alpha] has been pushed to GitHub. The two main takeaways:
No ... but with v0.3, we now have rudimentary support against anti-savegame restore. When svdt loads and gets information about the target title, it will attempt to fetch the secure value from the save currently in save data, and will use that for the rest of the session to appropriately modify any files being restored that hold what may be an older secure value.

Built-in offsets are implemented for all known games, and there is undocumented functionality at the moment to specify custom offsets and filenames. However, the current priority is to get save restore working with Pokémon Rumble World (which just means learning how to use zlib properly).
Are you looking at my fixer source it makes exacltly what you need, coded in C, so should work fine.

The antisavegame restore built in fix should be optional (prompt dialog) imho.

Sorting files alphabetically may come, but it's not a priority at the moment.
I've done just that for my homebrew laucneher, I'm gonna fork your source and implement it.

Edit: I tried to send you a pm, but you have it disabled?

meladroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you looking at my fixer source it makes exacltly what you need, coded in C, so should work fine.

The antisavegame restore built in fix should be optional (prompt dialog) imho.

I've done just that for my homebrew laucneher, I'm gonna fork your source and implement it.

Edit: I tried to send you a pm, but you have it disabled?

The problem with making it optional is that we don't know out-of-the-box which games glitch svdt out. So if you were trying to restore an older save for SSB, for whatever reason, then you wouldn't even get the prompt dialogue.

I was looking at your fixer page for offsets and games, but didn't realise you actually had the source somewhere as well. I'll take a look at some point.

Conversations were disabled on my profile. They should be enabled now.

Where should I put asr.dat?

You don't actually need to put it anywhere for the time being. In theory it's supposed to go in the same folder as svdt, and you could update it for future games without having to update svdt. I haven't actually tested using that file, though.

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
I put asr.dat in the svdt folder and svdt just freezes immediately after I select (the second time from within svdt) my JPN eShop Alpha Sapphire. It did not do that before I put asr.dat in there.

Unfortunately the 'main' file I get from svdt and save manager is unreadable by PkHex for some reason, though it's more likely an issue on their end rather than yours even though I can't see why it wouldn't work :/

Last edited by kiwiis,
Reactions: meladroit

meladroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put asr.dat in the svdt folder and svdt just crashes immediately after I select (the second time from within svdt) my JPN eShop Alpha Sapphire. It did not do that before I put asr.dat in there. Unfortunately the main file I get from svdt is unreadable by PkHex for some reason, though it's more likely an issue on their end rather than yours even though I can't see why it wouldn't work :/
OK, then. I may take a look at it and at least stop it from crashing. Unfortunately I don't have any digital Pokémon main games, so I can't test those out, but svdt shouldn't mess with anything if you copy from save data to SD (it only messes with secure values copying from SD to save data).

Also, anyone else stopping in—please try the latest release out and report any problems you have with it. (Be careful with your saves, of course.) I'm mostly wondering if the secure value stuff works now for everything not Pokémon Rumble World when trying to restore older saves (of course the stuff is overkill if you're just editing the save and putting it right back without even starting the game up again in between).

EDIT: crash with asr.dat fixed in git repo tree (not in releases yet, because I haven't fully tested out asr.dat except to see that it helps read secure values now). It's amazing how much more functional a line of code is when you actually finish writing it out the rest of the way.

Last edited by meladroit,
Reactions: kiwiis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4