Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

gaseoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You mean the "videos" from your battles ? I don't think so, PKHex doesn't allow it and afaik you need to do some manips to decrypt your video files before being able to edit them.
I don't want to edit anything, just back up my Battle Videos. Should it be possible by simply copying files from my SD card?

farias0

Whatever
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does anyone know why everytime I exit from the app after having done an operation (deleting or copying something) it crashes? When it would load the homebrew launcher instead it freezes on a black top screen and a yellow bottom screen, and I have to hard reboot my 3DS.

Btw, it works on 10.3, right?

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it works on 10.3. I just tested it for myself this morning, and was able to backup and restore saves to and from Ocarina of Time cart.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
I edited a Pokemon Rumble World save file, and imported it. But it says that my save is corrupted :(
Then, I saw that I have to delete the "secure value". So I started a new game, saved it, go in svdt, choose "create new secure value", load my save, and .. still corrupted T___T
Please guys help me, did I make something wrong ? :(
I just wanted to get a little bit more diamonds, because I don't want to pay for that, but now I lost 56 hours of game T__T

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited a Pokemon Rumble World save file, and imported it. But it says that my save is corrupted :(
Then, I saw that I have to delete the "secure value". So I started a new game, saved it, go in svdt, choose "create new secure value", load my save, and .. still corrupted T___T
I just wanted to get a little bit more diamonds, because I don't want to pay for that, but now I lost 56 hours of game T__T
create a new save file in the game, then save it. now go to svdt, enable "Anti-anti savegame restore", and copy the save over.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is system.dat file on game cart?

I messed around with OOT cart back up the sytem.dat and delete all the files on OOT cart. Then install OOTHax. There is no system.dat created but the hax work perfectly.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is system.dat file on game cart?

I messed around with OOT cart back up the sytem.dat and delete all the files on OOT cart. Then install OOTHax. There is no system.dat created but the hax work perfectly.
I think system.dat enables things like the Master Quest.

Reactions: tivu100

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France

Please someone help me :( I don't want to loose 56 hours of game just for some diamonds :(

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Please someone help me :( I don't want to loose 56 hours of game just for some diamonds :(
So you started new game?
You can't import you're old save, because the new game save is connected with the system and Pokemon server just like Pokemon shuffle

But I hope i am wrong

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
If you've backed your old save up, just restore it with svdt. It automatically patches the secure value.

I tryied that so much times T_T Am I doing something wrong ? :(

What I do :
1- Go to svdt and delete the save (or delete it from the game itself)
2- Start a new game
3- Go after the tutorial just to be sure, then save.
4- Go to svdt
5- Select "Anti-anti savegame restore"
6- Copy my backup
7- exit svdt
8- Launch Pokemon Rumble World
9- Save data is corrupted T_T

PS : my save isn't corrupted, I imported it before and it worked (that is the weirdest thing, it worked for 4 or 5 times before it says it's corrupted), and just to be sure if there isn't a corruption due to the ftp transfert, I manually copy the save via a microSD reader. So my save isn't corrupted.

PPS : When I delete the save, the messages when booting are the ones that there are when we start the game for the first time (obvious). But, whn I import my "corrupted" save, these messages are the ones of a game which is started. What I mean, it's that the game knows that I have a party because it gives me tips for my current level !

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So you started new game?
You can't import you're old save, because the new game save is connected with the system and Pokemon server just like Pokemon shuffle

But I hope i am wrong

No :( So there is no way for me to re-import my save ? T_T

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tryied that so much times T_T Am I doing something wrong ? :(

What I do :
1- Go to svdt and delete the save (or delete it from the game itself)
2- Start a new game
3- Go after the tutorial just to be sure, then save.
4- Go to svdt
5- Select "Anti-anti savegame restore"
6- Copy my backup
7- exit svdt
8- Launch Pokemon Rumble World
9- Save data is corrupted T_T

PS : my save isn't corrupted, I imported it before and it worked (that is the weirdest thing, it worked for 4 or 5 times before it says it's corrupted), and just to be sure if there isn't a corruption due to the ftp transfert, I manually copy the save via a microSD reader. So my save isn't corrupted.

PPS : When I delete the save, the messages when booting are the ones that there are when we start the game for the first time (obvious). But, whn I import my "corrupted" save, these messages are the ones of a game which is started. What I mean, it's that the game knows that I have a party because it gives me tips for my current level !

No :( So there is no way for me to re-import my save ? T_T

It's not linked to the internet, and neither is Shuffle or else we wouldn't be able to edit it.

I can't see what you're doing wrong here, it must be your savefile that is corrupted. Did you check that no file is missing inside your savefile folder ? Compare it with your blank savefile.

Unfortunately, save editor for RW is pretty basic : you can start a new game with over 2.500.000.000 diamonds & coins and mess with your level, but I don't know how you could copy your current pokemons or your level progression into a new save.

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused does this work with Emunand v10.3? I have 9.2.0 Sysnand though and I'm using the themehax offline 1.3 to launch SVDT. When I launch it, it looks like Save Data Manager and not what's in the picture in post 1. I only got it to look like that one time.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
It's not linked to the internet, and neither is Shuffle or else we wouldn't be able to edit it.

I can't see what you're doing wrong here, it must be your savefile that is corrupted. Did you check that no file is missing inside your savefile folder ? Compare it with your blank savefile.

Unfortunately, save editor for RW is pretty basic : you can start a new game with over 2.500.000.000 diamonds & coins and mess with your level, but I don't know how you could copy your current pokemons or your level progression into a new save.
I tried to copy the save from my 3dsxl sysnand to og 3ds emunand

But after overwrite the save on og 3ds it got corrupted
When you start new game they give you Client number that is connected to your system
Maybe this is way when you put new save with different client number it will be corrupted

Last edited by aos10,

Kingofknights

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3ds has save-data backup features,there are savedatafiler and even backup the .sav manually in the nintendo 3ds folder. I just want to backup cia games save in case something goes wrong or import the save when i reinstall the game. Is there any reason why i should use this hb to backup? What are the advantage? The save-data backup of the 3ds has even multiple slot

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
The 3ds has save-data backup features,there are savedatafiler and even backup the .sav manually in the nintendo 3ds folder. I just want to backup cia games save in case something goes wrong or import the save when i reinstall the game. Is there any reason why i should use this hb to backup? What are the advantage? The save-data backup of the 3ds has even multiple slot
you can edit them and transfer them to other 3dses.
Other than that idk

kabii-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The built in save data backup tool gives you only 30 slots (iirc) to backup saves in, and it doesn't even work with a number of games. Homebrew save backup tools, while they might require some more effort to use, allow you to backup any game you want as many times as you want and let you restore the saves to any 3DS (provided you fix the secure value for some games).

Kingofknights

Trophies
XP
Country
The built in save data backup tool gives you only 30 slots (iirc) to backup saves in, and it doesn't even work with a number of games. Homebrew save backup tools, while they might require some more effort to use, allow you to backup any game you want as many times as you want and let you restore the saves to any 3DS (provided you fix the secure value for some games).

Ok thanks that makes sense. Btw, between this and savedatafiler, which is better?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.hueyandweprin.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/iStock-1073669440.jpg +1