impeeza

¡Kabito!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well news arrived!! ::

Dear Suyu users,In light of the Discord being shut down, we have created a Rocket.Chat instance for our communication. You can join it at https://chat.suyu.dev/- Suyu Admin

Attachments

• 1712898955701.png
    1712898955701.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 5

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's word floating around about the actual devs abandoning the projects after the whole ordeal.
Not sure whether or not how true that is, or if I'm confusing it with Lemonade (Citra fork).
It's a whole shitshow going on right now when it comes to all kinds of Yuzu and Citra forks, fucking N made shit hit the fan everywhere.

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But who made the report to discord?
Not Nintendo, otherwise-like I said before- the yuzu discord server would've been nuked too. Plus, Suyu is still available for download. Nintendo only took down Yuzu because of its paid premium features.
Post automatically merged:

they knew they were fucked so they took the rest of their patreon money and ran like cowards. but doing that has now unleashed nintendos DMCado upon all homebrew because they know they can get away with it now.
Suyu didn't go anywhere lmao. It's still up for download. Their discord server got taken down by discord themselves, not nintendo

Last edited by DuoForce,
  • Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm talking about yuzu read the 2 posts before that post i made
Yuzu got taken down because of their paid early access. Which is understandable. Emulators are not supposed to be paid for. The yuzu team got what they deserve. There is a reason Ryujinx didn't hear a peep from the Nintendo Ninjas

TheLycanroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo only took down Yuzu because of its paid premium features.
Yuzu got taken down because of their paid early access. Which is understandable. Emulators are not supposed to be paid for.
OMFG I'm so sick of people spouting the same misinformation.

The Patreon didn't help, but it wasn't what got them. The nail in the coffin for Yuzu was that it automatically generated title.keys, which was seen as bypassing the encryption methods of the Switch. That was what sealed their fate and why Ryujinx is still around, despite ALSO having a Patreon. In contrast, Ryujinx has users supply their own title.keys.

Say you know very little about something without actually saying it.

Last edited by TheLycanroc,
Reactions: Sir Tortoise

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMFG I'm so sick of people spouting the same misinformation.

The Patreon didn't help, but it wasn't what got them. The nail in the coffin for Yuzu was that it automatically generated title.keys, which was seen as bypassing the encryption methods of the Switch. That was what sealed their fate and why Ryujinx is still around, despite ALSO having a Patreon. In contrast, Ryujinx has users supply their own title.keys.

Say you know very little about something without actually saying it.
It isn't misinformation. It IS the reason why it got taken down. Yuzu was basically a paid emulator which is why it got taken down. Ryujinx does have a Patreon, but doesn't lock any of its features behind a paywall. I know you think you know what you're talking about, but you don't.
Next

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

TheLycanroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It isn't misinformation. It IS the reason why it got taken down. Yuzu was basically a paid emulator which is why it got taken down. Ryujinx does have a Patreon, but doesn't lock any of its features behind a paywall. I know you think you know what you're talking about, but you don't.
Next
You're right, it's not just misinformation. It's your opinion, and a pretty bad one at that. You're completely delusional if you really think Nintendo issued the lawsuit because the devs of an emulator were paywalling content.

Nintendo has no legal bearing over how an emulator is monetized. They had it taken down because they hate their fans and especially the emulation communities, and they were able to get the lawsuit filed because the emulator automatically generated encryption keys used to run games, instead of having users supply them like Ryujinx does.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You're right, it's not just misinformation. It's your opinion, and a pretty bad one at that. You're completely delusional if you really think Nintendo issued the lawsuit because the devs of an emulator were paywalling content.

Nintendo has no legal bearing over how an emulator is monetized. They had it taken down because they hate their fans and especially the emulation communities, and they were able to get the lawsuit filed because the emulator automatically generated encryption keys used to run games, instead of having users supply them like Ryujinx does.
No but the only motivation of nintendo is money, and they was charging for emulation and that's only up to nintendo

Reactions: DuoForce

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No but the only motivation of nintendo is money, and they was charging for emulation and that's only up to nintendo
Not only that, but the sales of Yuzu EA skyrocketed when Tears of the Kingdom was leaked. Nintendo obviously was NOT gonna let that slide. It isn't an opinion, it is a fact. Majority of people using Yuzu EA were using it for piracy.
They had it taken down because they hate their fans and especially the emulation communities
Nintendo is a business. Not a charity. And they will go after any and everyone that makes money off of their IP. Nintendo hasn't taken down any other emulators aside from Yuzu and it is almost entirely due to them making profits off their early access version. I hate that this upsets you so much but that is a fact, not an opinion.

TheLycanroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo ended up losing more money in this lawsuit since the devs likely just declared bankruptcy (since LLCs have that luxury) and moved on. The amount of money the devs made is chump change compared to what Nintendo makes, so the motivation wasn't money.

The ONLY reason they were able to get the lawsuit approved in the U.S. at all was because the emulator generated its own encryption keys. In this case, profits (or how the devs made money) didn't matter, and if Nintendo's lawyers used that as their legal argument, they would have gotten laughed out of the courtroom.

The main argument from Nintendo was that the emulator "facilitated piracy" by generating encryption keys for users instead of requiring users to obtain their own from their own consoles.
Majority of people using Yuzu EA were using it for piracy.
That is such an ignorant statement to make. By that same sentiment, you likely think anybody using an emulator is using it for piracy. Some people would rather play their games at better graphical fidelity (4k 60fps rather than 920p at 30fps with framerate stutters).
And they will go after any and everyone that makes money off of their IP. Nintendo hasn't taken down any other emulators aside from Yuzu and it is almost entirely due to them making profits off their early access version.
If Nintendo could, they would have taken down ALL emulators, but they can't because the legal precedent for emulators in the US is what stops them. The only exceptions are clear-cut cases, like Yuzu, where they allow piracy by generating encryption keys instead of having users supply their own.

Last edited by TheLycanroc,

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yuzu got taken down because of their paid early access. Which is understandable. Emulators are not supposed to be paid for. The yuzu team got what they deserve. There is a reason Ryujinx didn't hear a peep from the Nintendo Ninjas
Did you actually read Nintendo's complaint? There was a LOT more to it than "paid early access." Anyone thinking of following in their expensive footsteps would do well to comprehend the real reasons why Yuzu and not Ryujinx rightfully got blasted, especially if they think they can hide behind backup Discord servers or discord-like services.

Reactions: TheLycanroc

TheLycanroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you actually read Nintendo's complaint? There was a LOT more to it than "paid early access." Anyone thinking of following in their expensive footsteps would do well to comprehend the real reasons why Yuzu and not Ryujinx rightfully got blasted, especially if they think they can hide behind backup Discord servers or discord-like services.
Exactly. IIRC, I think some people even commented in either the Ryujinx or Yuzu servers YEARS before about how Yuzu would end up in the predicament it did because of the actions the devs took, like generating title.keys, using parts of the Switch SDK, etc. They were on very shaky ground from the beginning. Why Nintendo decided to wait so long to take action is something I still don't quite understand, but I'm still glad they didn't strike it down in its early stages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone