Hacking Gaming Homebrew Homebrew app SUYU Discord get deleted

TheLycanroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Imagine if Nintendo spent this much energy on making games
It might not even be Nintendo who is responsible for the takedowns of the Suyu and Sudachi servers. Anybody can file false DMCA claims/takedowns because no proof of identity is required. People on YouTube do it all the time.

I'm not defending Nintendo but rather reminding you of their overzealous and delusional fanbase that hates themselves and everyone else in the community about as much as Nintendo does.

Slinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I only just heard about this, from a podcast. Stopped by here to read up on it and I'm Really glad to see them replacing it with a self-hosted platform! They've hopefully learnt a few good lessons from all this (github and discord). Self hosting (or decentralizing) is the only way to avoid being at the mercy of big companies.

There are so many free and open projects these days that decide to rely on discord. Despite discord being a closed walled garden. It boggles my mind.

"See kids, this is what happens when you rely on a proprietary platform like discord for your free and open source project!"

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There are so many free and open projects these days that decide to rely on discord. Despite discord being a closed walled garden. It boggles my mind.
Yepp and people lap it up... I hate Discord with a passion. It's not a good platform for anything else except gaming related maybe, but barley that.

Projects like these needs to be open, out in the wild. Any minute a project can be wiped on Discord. Also Discord logs everything and I mean everything. You can order out your data and see for yourself what they log.

Slinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nice to see someone who feels the same!

But I don't think I can request my data, as I don't use discord...;)
(Though I would imagine many companies are logging people even without accounts, and even on other websites like with facebook and their pixels...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1