Hacking Suspicious Gateway 3DS "Official" Reseller

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am surprised by the amount of feedback I got (I imagined less replies). To clarify some things: they charged me $77.28 ($65 for Gateway + $3 for USPS for USA Customers from USA Warehouse + $0.61 for international fees + $8.67 extra?), and I already read the Maxconsole forum post about the reseller and how they are banned from Maxconsole for inactivity. My biggest mistake was not reading updated information on the reseller. I believe this reseller used to be really good last year. I actually decided to buy from this reseller because of MrMario2011's Youtube videos on Gateway. He recommended gateway-3ds-buy.com
()
I actually ordered a Gateway for myself from nds-card.com a year ago, but since I was running out of time to order from nds-card.com (takes at least two weeks for package to arrive, compared to 1-5 days) I went to US resellers. I wanted to make sure my brother gets his gift at least sometime near his birthday, but he didn't and still has not received it yet.

I would like to thank the people who answered majority of my questions. Maybe I need to be more patient. However, I believe that in case this reseller is cheating me, I should have a backup plan. The last person to post on the Maxconsole forum bought his Gateway in April 2015 (http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/284906-Is-gateway-3ds-buy-a-scam/page4), which is why I wanted to hear about recent buyers experiences (April to present). I guess I will reword my unanswered question. How do I get my money back if this reseller is fraudulent ? (so I can use a legit reseller and my brother can get his gift ASAP).

just curious when did they say your order had "shipped"? If you live in California it shouldn't take them more than 2 days! If it's been more than a week and given that they've failed to respond to you, you should contact your bank. If you paid by credit card you should be able to login to your online account and just file a dispute. If you paid with a debit card you will most likely have to call your bank directly.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I guess I will reword my unanswered question. How do I get my money back if this reseller is fraudulent ? (so I can use a legit reseller and my brother can get his gift ASAP).

If you used PayPal (I am guessing not, that would be too easy) you can make a claim saying not received (seller will have to add a tracking number; if he doesn't you automatically win. Or at least that's what happens in Aus but I believe it is a bit different in the U.S. as the seller has to prove delivery not just postage, so you're even more likely to get your money back)

If you used a credit card, ask your bank for a chargeback. They might do it or might not, could be worthwhile reading online to see if there is any advice for the best wording to use to get them to do it. I'd say you have about a 70% chance of getting your money back.

If you paid by bank transfer, still talk to your bank but I estimate you only have about a 5% chance of getting your money back (here, you can only get your money back if someone either hacked into your account or you accidentally typed in the wrong account number and paid the wrong person. Might be different over there).

Hopefully you didn't pay by western union or anything silly like that, that would be zero chance unless the seller voluntarily refunded you.

Reactions: Hajikelist01

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they have really good support
If you're ordering any 3DS device and you're in the US this is the only place people should be buying from.

1) They take paypal + Google wallet
2) They ship within the US and not just say they do
3) They ship USPS first class and you can pay 5$ for 2 day priority
4) They have the cheapest products from official resellers

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
If you're ordering any 3DS device and you're in the US this is the only place people should be buying from.

1) They take paypal + Google wallet
2) They ship within the US and not just say they do
3) They ship USPS first class and you can pay 5$ for 2 day priority
4) They have the cheapest products from official resellers
'2 day priority' it took a week for my Sky3DS to even ship.
Took 2 weeks to get to Toronto.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'2 day priority' it took a week for my Sky3DS to even ship.
Took 2 weeks to get to Toronto.
If you're ordering any 3DS device and you're in the US, if you're in Canada you should have ordered from http://www.modchipcentral.com/ and you should also know that you have customs that also creates a delay.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
If you're ordering any 3DS device and you're in the US, if you're in Canada you should have ordered from http://www.modchipcentral.com/ and you should also know that you have customs that also creates a delay.
It didn't get stuck at customs for more than 2 days.
The shipping label was created and then it took a week to be processed in California.
USPS was having issues at the time, I guess they're resolved now.
I ordered from PeachDS and not ModChipCentral because I had money in my PayPal from selling something on eBay.

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after threatening them they finally replied to me saying that their warehouse was having issues with USPS. They gave me a tracking number for the label that was created on the 12th and nothing has happened with my package since then(as seen from the tracking). They told me to wait a few more days to get the issue resolved. What the hell. Is it that hard to send a USPS package? Unbelievable.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
So after threatening them they finally replied to me saying that their warehouse was having issues with USPS. They gave me a tracking number for the label that was created on the 12th and nothing has happened with my package since then(as seen from the tracking). They told me to wait a few more days to get the issue resolved. What the hell. Is it that hard to send a USPS package? Unbelievable.
It actually is, the misleadingly named 'priority' shipping is actually their slowest option.
Haven't personally shipped something via USPS, but have shipped via Canada Post and it takes 2-3x longer to travel via USPS than by Canada Post.
My Sky3DS took a week to get from California to British Columbia, spent a day in customs, then took 2 days to go from BC to Ontario, and another day to get to me.
Now I'm pretty sure BC->ON is much farther than CA->BC.

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It actually is, the misleadingly named 'priority' shipping is actually their slowest option.
Haven't personally shipped something via USPS, but have shipped via Canada Post and it takes 2-3x longer to travel via USPS than by Canada Post.
My Sky3DS took a week to get from California to British Columbia, spent a day in customs, then took 2 days to go from BC to Ontario, and another day to get to me.
Now I'm pretty sure BC->ON is much farther than CA->BC.

priority should take like 3 days across the USA. This isn't even the fact that the shipping option is slow but the fact that they created a label on the 12th and have yet to ship. It doesn't matter what your shipping option is, if USPS gets it then it ships the next day at most. I placed my order on the 10th. They mislead people into thinking that you will receive your product fast but that's not the case if they take a month to process your order.

Last edited by Inukami,

XeR ッ

Not sure if i still wanna be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everybody has a reason they can't use cfw or they won't. Some people just need to figure out whats more feasible to use for themselves. There's no point in arguing which is better because everyone's situation is different, or there level of usage.
If rxTools work , Gateway will too with the updates that rxTools has received (especially with the nightly builds) Gateway is pretty much irrelevent for the moment , just get over it. (The exception being the DS cart that comes with it.)

Anyways back on topic , i suggest to the OP to contact the website for a refund if you still don't have it and get one on peachds.com , that's where i got mine ...

EDIT : Don't mind the mistakes.

Last edited by XeR ッ, , Reason: Horrible english.

soulskeeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
If rxTools work , Gateway will too with the updates that rxTools has received (especially with the nightly builds) Gateway is pretty much irrelevent for the moment , just get over it. (The exception being the DS cart that comes with it.)

Anyways back on topic , i suggest to the OP to contact the website for a refund if you still don't have it and get one on peachds.com , that's where i got mine ...

EDIT : Don't mind the mistakes.
you got 3ds on 10.1 sysNAND?

what do you use sky3ds?

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you checkout from their store you literally can't purchase it without paying $3 for:

Shipping and Handling USPS for USA Customers from USA Warehouse.

The front of their site says:

**USA instock** Arrive US Customers in 1-5 Days **

If you complete the order it then says:

Order Total$68.00

So I'm paying $3 for something that I didn't receive(1-5 day shipping) AND an additional $10 mystery charge that I didn't agree to. It's been 8 days by the way. I'm not even mad about waiting the few extra days, I'm mad that after 8 days since shipped I've yet to receive tracking and am getting no response from them.

This is par for the course. I bet that many of the resellers for QQ3DS and SKY3DS are all the same people/company just trying to make it look like they have broader distribution. My experience with QQ3DS was almost exactly the same. It did in fact ship from within the US from NJ but took 3 weeks. I did a writeup of it on this forum.

Also my bank was happy to help with a payment dispute for the overcharge which the seller claimed was due to exchange rate and "my bank's" foreign transaction fee which isn't accurate and is a separate (and much smaller) charge.

But, that's the name of the game when you are buying borderline legal, and definitely immoral tools. It's all shady SH*T.

XeR ッ

Not sure if i still wanna be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it just sounded like you use cia for games *nvm*

why did you update? isn't it safer to wait on a lower firm?

or you just thought its not worth not playing online for it?
I buyed Gateway for my soon arriving O3DS 4.5 to test it a bit and review it on YouTube , i did have a 2DS 7.5 as you can see in my signature but both screen are dead , i used to install CIAs on it though.

My O3DS 10.1 was the only one left i had after my 2DS 7.5 kind of died.

soulskeeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I buyed Gateway for my soon arriving O3DS 4.5 to test it a bit and review it on YouTube , i did have a 2DS 7.5 as you can see in my signature but both screen are dead , i used to install CIAs on it though.

My O3DS 10.1 was the only one left i had after my 2DS 7.5 kind of died.
but why is it 10.1? did you get it that way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo