Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

fischman

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Hello there,
if I want to inject FBI, always kommte the message "Could not find H & S TMD / content"
Bin on 9.2.0-12 E

Does anybody advice?

best regards
Manfred

kennykix

Trophies
XP
Country
Heya,

Trying to upgrade from 7.1.0-14E to 9.2.0-20E
I have the following:
sysupdater 0.4.1
rxTools 3.0 build 2015-10-27

Question #1:
I can't find DEVMODE in rxTools to turn off firmware spoofing?

Question #2:
Update folder is from "9.2.0-20E(no.mset-twl-wlist-agb)"
Should I use this version or just use the Full version?

Cheers,
kennykix

XyracX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello there,
if I want to inject FBI, always kommte the message "Could not find H & S TMD / content"
Bin on 9.2.0-12 E

Does anybody advice?

best regards
Manfred

I have the same problem here on my old 3DS 9.2.0-20U. Tried with the newest rxTools build and with the 2.6 Build, even with a build between those. Always the same result... On 2.6 there comes "Could not find H & S TMD / content" and with the newest one, if I only want to check the Version, it only says Region USA and nothing elese. Also tried just to flash each of the 3 different versions in the injecting folder with hope, that one of them is the right one. But the Tool just say, that the H&S information is missing and nothing change within the H&S app.

Have also updated my emuNAND to the newest Firmware, but no changes.

Can anyone help ? And is it normal, that the rxTools say every time, that the installation is failed ?

SOLVED : Injection on emuNand worked only on 9.2, than just updated to 10.2 and all working fine now.

Last edited by XyracX,

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I somehow messed up by jumping between steps when trying to install it. The system is fine. But even though I got all files on my 2DS rxtool won't show up. I did try to install it once but it canceled with an error I can't remember and now rxtoola doesn't show up when I boot ninjhax. I got a back up of everything but I don't know how to start over / where to start over.

I got a 2DS with FW 9.2 and got ninjhax.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error where it says I have an invalid Content Data hash. It pops up what was given and then says expected and nothing shows up after it. Has anybody seen this before? Can anybody help?

Edit: No clue what I did, but it's fixed now.

Last edited by Boogieboo6,

Bangorl

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Goody day, i wish someone could help me bcos i have no idea what happened, im using rxtools and i was playing fantasy life on emunand, then suddenly a error screen comes out, saying to reset the console and stuff, has happened before so meh, but when i boot up emunand again all the apps are gone, games, big blue menu, save data filler, coin setter and all that, the only ones that stayed are the system apps, i have no idea what happened, the sd card seems to still have the games bcos its taking up the same space, pls help.

Bubbysaur

u cnt hindle mai sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The installation data suite keeps coming up. I'm using the version of RX tools linked in the tutorial. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I was using an old version of the firmware.bin. Created a new one and it goes straight to emunand.

Last edited by Bubbysaur,

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Been using the old version of rxTools before it was donated to the pasta team. I think the old website loader is shutdown. What is the easiest way to get going again?

slash10520

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems trying to update my sysnand with rxtools / sysupdate. I updated my o3ds with Pokemon Sapphire to get it on 7.2. I was told the only way id be able to update my sysnand would be by installing to sysupdate to sysnand and entering devmode on 2.5.2. I've been trying all day to get FBI to install to the H&S to no avail. I've even gone to using the injector program and doing it myself to have it still not work. Can anyone please point me to a guide or help me with my problem.

Unknown12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a lot of problems getting rxTools working. I hope someone can help. I'm using a UK old 3DS with firmware 9.0.0-20E.

I tried this guide and rxTools fails to install with the error "native_firm: 4". I tried multiple times. I tried deleting the rxTools/data folder but that didn't help. Every time, it fails to install with "native_firm: 4" as the error. I'm not sure which version of rxTools this is, but I noticed it includes a bunch of patch files, including a native_firm.efl file. I'm not sure exactly what this is for.

I then tried downloading the latest nightly build of rxTools from here: https://lavanoid.github.io This installed successfully (even with the patch files still on my SD card), but it just loads to a black screen where it hangs. I have to power off the 3DS. I tried it multiple times, but it always hangs with a black screen.

I then tried downloading rxTools_10-02-15_19-07.9f48bb8.zip from this rxTools tutorial thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ This worked the same as the latest nightly. It installed successfully, but it just loads to a black screen.

What do I do to get it working? :(

Edit: Never mind. I got it working.

Last edited by Unknown12345,

trustnoone

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, whenever I open up RXtools it always installs the data suite, and when it does it always says [....x..] and then done. I'm assuming its not installing properly thats why it tries to install again each time?
I tried following the details on the first post including installing the cia of the file from 3DNUS (Title ID: 0004013800000202 / Version: 3665) as well as using the patched version in the other page given.

If it helps I have to delete the current cia and install the new one onto nand each time, so I feel that it is definitely in there?
Specs:
Olds 3ds 4.1
Emunand 10.3
Emunand and sysnand not connected pretty sure
RXtools 2.6
Thanks

zell180

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i've strange problem.
I've 2ds with FW6.0.0-12E
If i Power on 2ds
Settings-> profile-> Nintendo DS Profile
And no push any button.
If i boot rxtools in this way i get BLACK screen.

If i boot in this way:
Power on 2ds
Settings-> profile-> Nintendo DS Profile
Push L trigger (or R in 2.6)
And from rxtools UI select boot rxmode and then boot emunand rxmode my RX 10.3.0-28 emunand works perfect!(I've sysnand and emunand unlinked)

andrexd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im having problems booting to emunand in n3ds (sys - 9.0/emu - 9.5), i can access to rxtools menu but when i press boot emunand it just gets black screen!!

P

PaiiNSteven

I'm using nightly 12/05/15, but theres no .bat file? Is there supposed to be? I heard something about that the code.bin is like an equivilant to the dat, but im not sure. Anyone confirm?

Sels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I just wanted to know if I can update my emunand to the latest fw update 10.3.0-28 U? I was out of the scene for a long time and I need some insights and help as well thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: ?tuw