Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a guide for installing Rxtools? One that's simple to follow, one that you think is the best existing guide right now?
I'm tired of explaining it to people.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: samiam144

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to the latest nightly build and I'm still receiving issues with the notifications. Is there something I'm not doing correctly.

I updated the rxtools.dat to 3.0 used the rxtools folder in the nightly build and generated a new firmware.bin file

I don't know what else to do.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I updated to the latest nightly build and I'm still receiving issues with the notifications. Is there something I'm not doing correctly.

I updated the rxtools.dat to 3.0 used the rxtools folder in the nightly build and generated a new firmware.bin file

I don't know what else to do.

did you use this build?
http://lavanoid.no-ip.org/

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah it was from 3 days ago. I'm not sure what else to do.

Well.. I didn't see anyone complaining about the notifications bug anymore but it's possible it's still there, I'm not sure.
If no one replies here, ask in the main rxTools thread.

SatanicSaint

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Yeah it was from 3 days ago. I'm not sure what else to do.
Are you sure you put the new firmware.bin file in the rxtools/sys folder? That's what I was doing wrong. The new theme was showing so I thought my rxTools is updated but it wasn't. Also after updating it, I had to do the ds profile exploit again(not the whole mset downgrade part, just the end part with rxinstaller.bin in my root and going to that link to cause the crash).

Folks, I have one last question for you. I installed this cia file of all the themes from that ISO site. But after installing it with FBI, I go to change themes and they are not there. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone please point me to the right direction?

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you put the new firmware.bin file in the rxtools/sys folder? That's what I was doing wrong. The new theme was showing so I thought my rxTools is updated but it wasn't. Also after updating it, I had to do the ds profile exploit again(not the whole mset downgrade part, just the end part with rxinstaller.bin in my root and going to that link to cause the crash).

Folks, I have one last question for you. I installed this cia file of all the themes from that ISO site. But after installing it with FBI, I go to change themes and they are not there. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone please point me to the right direction?

I'm pretty sure I put the new .bin file in the sys folder. But I'm using the web browser to launch rxtools and not the mset exploit.

Also to answer your question, you need to delete the themes folder on the sd card before installing the theme cia. I did this with BBM. There should be instructions in one of the stickies on that iso site.

SatanicSaint

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I'm pretty sure I put the new .bin file in the sys folder. But I'm using the web browser to launch rxtools and not the mset exploit.

Also to answer your question, you need to delete the themes folder on the sd card before installing the theme cia. I did this with BBM. There should be instructions in one of the stickies on that iso site.

Are your game manuals working? If you see on the previous page even I had the same problem, but I updated it successfully and now both notifications and game manuals are working. If your game manuals are not working, that means you haven't updated the rxTools properly and only the theme of rxTools is changed. This happened to me because I hadn't put the the new firmware.bin in the sys folder and the old firmware.bin was still in the root. Also, you are using this link for launching rxTools right: https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin
If the manuals are working, you are probably on the correct version but the notifications bug is still present.

Also delete the old rxTools folder in your sd card and then copy the new folder.

Yesterday even I was in the same boat but these are the things I did and it worked. Try it again and it might just work.

And yeah regarding my question, I had to install the themes using devmenu. For some reason fbi doesnt install cia themes.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are your game manuals working? If you see on the previous page even I had the same problem, but I updated it successfully and now both notifications and game manuals are working. If your game manuals are not working, that means you haven't updated the rxTools properly and only the theme of rxTools is changed. This happened to me because I hadn't put the the new firmware.bin in the sys folder and the old firmware.bin was still in the root. Also, you are using this link for launching rxTools right: https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin
If the manuals are working, you are probably on the correct version but the notifications bug is still present.

Also delete the old rxTools folder in your sd card and then copy the new folder.

Yesterday even I was in the same boat but these are the things I did and it worked. Try it again and it might just work.

And yeah regarding my question, I had to install the themes using devmenu. For some reason fbi doesnt install cia themes.
There is a pack of all eshop themes converted to CHMM format, on that iso site. It works pretty well!
+ with CHMM2 you can use the theme rotation feature, so there's almost no downside to using CHMM2 now :)

Reactions: SatanicSaint

iwasaperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I start rxTools (latest nightly), it always initializes first, and on the fifth box, there is an 'X', but it says it completed successfully anyway. All functions work, but it gets annoying having to wait and not having my settings saved. How do I fix this?

fiox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently using the latest night build, Installed FBI over Health App and attempted to install FBI.CIA and other CIA Files. I get an error.

Install Failed!
Could not install app.
RAW Error:0xc8a0802b
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Status (0x19)
Summary: Invalid state (0x5)
Description: Database does not exist (0x2b).

joemama1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me what exactly "Quick boot" is?

Is there any way to not have to "Press Any Key to Continue" (and skip the "Hold [R] to open the menu" screen)? Is that what "Quick boot" suppose to do?

Everytime I set the "Quick boot" setting, it doesn't seem to stick. When I go back into the RX menu, the "Quick boot" setting is alway unchecked.

Can someone try the latest nightly build from the link below provided by @VerseHell (Thank you!) and confirm if I'm crazy or if this some sort of bug? Thanks

I figured out my issue. My firmware.bin file wasn't correct. Quick Boot setting is not working. No more "Press Any Key to Continue".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...