Support GBAtemp and browse ad-free & more!

generic-header.png

We have managed to achieve some pretty incredible things in the last month - we have successfully rebuilt the site from the ground-up on the latest forum software and have moved to an ultra powerful server to make the site faster and more responsive than ever! Behind the scenes, we are always looking for ways to improve our user experience and bring fresh & exciting content and features to the temp.

However, in order to make these things happen and to be able to keep providing you with fresh editorial content and to conserve our freedom as an independent community, free from the constraints of a parent media conglomerate; we need your help.

Previously we launched a campaign on Patreon to help support us but despite a positive response, it never really took off and we found being shackled behind Patreon's restrictions and terms too limiting.

That's why we are today launching our built-in user upgrades system!

accountupgrades.png

Choose to support us directly on GBAtemp through our payment partners PayPal and Stripe and choose payment options such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, VISA etc. You can even choose to pay with your GBAtemp XP at a conversion rate of 1000XP = $1USD :D (more details to follow).

By supporting us you unlock the following exclusive features:
  • Complete ad-free access on desktop and mobile ($5pcm tier and up)
  • Early access to new site features
  • Early access to new site styles (tempStyle 3.2 NFO perhaps.....?)
  • Merchandise give-aways
  • A customisable banner that adorns your posts and profile
  • A custom palette and other customisable options for your blog and user profile
  • A listing on the Patron member page
  • Access to the patron exclusive chat room
  • That feeling that your supporting one of the longest running independent communities on the web - NEARLY 20 YEARS STRONG!
no_ads.png
Please note that if you were previously a Patron - your upgrade is now deactivated as your last payment on Patreon was made over a month ago. Please consider resubscribing - your existing perk settings will be kept intact.​

Please visit our Account Upgrades page below for further information or feel free to ask any questions below.

Whether you choose to contribute or not, thank you all for your continued support and being members of the GBAtemp community!

:arrow: Account Upgrades

Last edited by shaunj66,

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
the Paypal and Stripe issues are fixed.

Paypal was giving us an error page with no explanation whatsoever. We changed accounts and that did the trick.

Stripe started screaming at me after the first payments were made, thinking I was running an illegal operation or something lol. I had to upload ID to verify my identity.

Anyway the new subscription system is here, we hope you enjoy it, and we'll continue improving it over time! thanks for your support :)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seems to have worked via Stripe.
Thanks for supporting some different method, other than PayPal.

Pretty much impossible to actually "pay" with XP. 1000XP = $1 Hihihi.

Gave me the Patron status almost instantly.

• Love
Reactions: Issac and shaunj66

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
the Paypal and Stripe issues are fixed.

Paypal was giving us an error page with no explanation whatsoever. We changed accounts and that did the trick.

Stripe started screaming at me after the first payments were made, thinking I was running an illegal operation or something lol. I had to upload ID to verify my identity.

Anyway the new subscription system is here, we hope you enjoy it, and we'll continue improving it over time! thanks for your support :)
Stripe knew that we are harvesting pokemon eggs in the basement and pay children to run around with them on Pokemon Go. It's a solid plan!

Reactions: Nomi20

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be interested, since it's a pita navigating the site on my phone especially when I'm away from home. it's $5/month? I'm on disability, but I think I can afford that.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Even if we don't use Patreon, and use PayPal or Stripe or whatever? Well, that's just non-indicative and misleading...might wanna rename it "Financial Backer" page or whatevers, I dunno.

Also, I dunno if I should feel like a dick for using Brave, which auto-blocks ads...should I? Might just be too damn early, though (5:10am, AEDT).

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if we don't use Patreon, and use PayPal or Stripe or whatever? Well, that's just non-indicative and misleading...might wanna rename it "Financial Backer" page or whatevers, I dunno.

Also, I dunno if I should feel like a dick for using Brave, which auto-blocks ads...should I? Might just be too damn early, though (5:10am, AEDT).
Oops. That should be Patron (not Patreon) page. Just a typo. Thanks

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
It's neat that I can use XP to pay, but I don't see the point. I currently have 8,546 XP and I'm level 19. I've been collecting this XP for the past 6 years. Buying patron perks for one month would cost me 2,000 XP and kick me back to level 17. Buying ad-free + patron perks for one month would cost me 5,000 XP and kick me back to level 13. A level 29 user can get knocked down all the way to level one (with two whole XP points to spare) by buying just patron perks and not ad-free for one year. Ad-free + patron perks for one year cost so much XP (54,000) that the levelling help page doesn't even go that high.
I get that this converts money into time investment and that I technically get something that would cost money for free, but the exchange rate is so high that it makes no sense to make use of it.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand correctly, the giveaways and other perks are now available on the $2 tier, and only ad free on $5?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.