Homebrew supermysterychunkhax - Savegame Exploit for Super Mystery Dungeon

Smynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And have you tested salt_sploit_installer on your EUR N3DS with a digital copy of PMSD?
With the latest firmware 10.7?

For me this doesn't work. See posts back. I am not the only one where it doesn't work.
We get a red screen at the bottom and nothing else.
I have now tried a few things:

- update boot.3dsx with the HBL version 1.1.1 from https://citizens.salthax.org/
- deleted PSMD
- downloaded PSMD again from eShop
- got red screen at bottom; it isn't working
- I started PSMD to create a save file
- run sploit_salt_installer and got only a red screen at bottom; it isn't working

So, I guess a digital copy of PSMD cannot be used.

Then I got my hands on a cart version of PSMD.
I used a different new N3DS XL with 10.7 with the same homebrew files copied to the SD card.
And this time the installation of salt_sploit_installer worked perfectly on my first attempt.

Then I downloaded "Citizen of Earth" on both N3DS and could successfully install Humblehax on both.

Conclusion for me:
salt_sploit_installer doesn't work on a digital copy of PSMD downloaded from eShop on a new N3DS at firmware 10.7. It works only on a cart version of PSMD.

Or is there anybody who could successfully install the supermysterchunkhax on a new N3DS EU at 10.7 with a digital copy of PSMD?
On a plain/stock N3DS?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- update boot.3dsx with the HBL version 1.1.1 from https://citizens.salthax.org/
- deleted PSMD
- run sploit_salt_installer and got only a red screen at bottom; it isn't working

I used a different new N3DS XL with 10.7 with the same homebrew files copied to the SD card.
And this time the installation of salt_sploit_installer worked perfectly on my first attempt.

Then I downloaded "Citizen of Earth" on both N3DS and could successfully install Humblehax on both.

Conclusion for me:
salt_sploit_installer doesn't work on a digital copy of PSMD downloaded from eShop on a new N3DS at firmware 10.7. It works only on a cart version of PSMD.

Or is there anybody who could successfully install the supermysterchunkhax on a new N3DS EU at 10.7 with a digital copy of PSMD?
On a plain/stock N3DS?
SMD might use 9.6 crypto with the eShop version? Maybe try https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls and pull in all those .xmls (or find the TID for the region of SMD you have, idk). No reason it wouldn't work though.

Reactions: Smynos

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- deleted PSMD

Conclusion for me:

On a plain/stock N3DS?
SMD might use 9.6 crypto with the eShop version? Maybe try https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls and pull in all those .xmls (or find the TID for the region of SMD you have, idk). No reason it wouldn't work though.
it does use 9.6 crypto. these are the specific ones:
JPN: mmap/0004000000149B00.xml
EUR: mmap/0004000000174400.xml
USA: mmap/0004000000174600.xml

I've only tested USA but the others should work.

Reactions: Smynos

Smynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it does use 9.6 crypto. these are the specific ones:
JPN: mmap/0004000000149B00.xml
EUR: mmap/0004000000174400.xml
USA: mmap/0004000000174600.xml

I've only tested USA but the others should work.
Yes!!!
That was it.

I downloaded the xml file for PMSD EUR and it worked right away!
Fantastic!

Thanks!

Maybe you should add that info to the description of salt_sploit_installer?

MZ-4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cannot confirm that on my 3 cartridges.
Neither the saved hacks from each cart on another nor the image from the RAR work for me (EUR).
Each time I start the game there is a message that data is corrupted and is deleted.
Only backups written to the same cartridge they were taken from do work at my equipment.

AskaLangly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Like #231, I can confirm that the EU PSaves are not compatible with the NA copy of PSMD, despite renaming the files to something more compatible (like renaming them to a self-made backup).

Now, I am aware of the following video:

The person yielded an apparent NA hacked PSave for PSMD, which is confirmed with the four letters in the beginning of the save.
However, I am assuming that each cartridge is unique, and you can't use someone else's backup?
Because I am getting consistent corrupt game save messages upon game boot.

I am coming from 10.6, but I apparently bricked myself from downgrading to 9.2 at the very end of 9.2's install; had to go into recovery and update to 11.0. :(

Am I missing any crucial 10.7 ropbins?

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have PSMD Gamecard. When i load the sploit installer on my 9.2 system (Only one with homebrew) the installer loads to a yellow screen and freeezes. I have tried multiple exploits but nothing works. Can anybody help me out here?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have PSMD Gamecard. When i load the sploit installer on my 9.2 system (Only one with homebrew) the installer loads to a yellow screen and freeezes. I have tried multiple exploits but nothing works. Can anybody help me out here?
this can't be installed on a 9.2 sysnand, due to kernel version checks. run this from an updated EmuNAND or something else.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the exploit. I've tried it on O3DS and N3DS. It's working very well. I love how it just loads the payload immediately (no menus to navigate, no saves to load). I did notice sometimes the menu seems garbled initially on the O3DS (I can still use it just fine, knowing what the 3 options are, and it goes away if I go to change the payload). No such issues on the N3DS. I would have checked this out sooner had I known it had the payload change feature. No more QR codes when someone brings me a 3DS to downgrade.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Arenia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone willing to get the homebrew package for a N3ds on 11? I updated without thinking and now I can't get any homebrew started up (Used oot3dhax which stopped with the recent update.).

Last edited by Arenia,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to do this on 9.9.0-20U and it's erroring out when the game launches. Physical copy, any suggestions?

That's odd, it worked for me with that version (O3DS anyway). Of course, I used a Sky+, but that shouldn't matter. Are you certain you have it setup for the right FW version, system type, and region? Try holding select down while running the game. If the menu comes up, try changing the payload from there (if you get garbled text, it's the second option). If it won't even bring up the menu, I'm thinking the save must be setup for the wrong system type (N3DS save on O3DS) or region. Try reinstalling the save using the system you want to run it on (you should be able to run the installer via BrowserHax or MenuHax). Hmm, 9.9.0-20... let me guess, you tried the GW beta and got stuck.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work