Homebrew supermysterychunkhax - Savegame Exploit for Super Mystery Dungeon

Psaiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can confirm that SVchax/Memchunkhax 2.1 DEFINITELY does NOT work with the current version of the exploit of this game on a New 3DS. No way to downgrade yet with this explot.
Strange, because I sure did downgrade to 9.2 with supermysterychunkhax on a New3DS, on 10.7, using PlaiSysUpdater, setup RedNAND, and am currently in the process of injecting FBI. (At Step 4 of Plailect Guide)

Which makes your confirmation incorrect.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that SVchax/Memchunkhax 2.1 DEFINITELY does NOT work with the current version of the exploit of this game on a New 3DS. No way to downgrade yet with this explot.
Once again, not my issue. I have no idea what the issue but you'd be better off bugging @aliaspider for fixes. Doesn't help that there's mixed reports here.

Reactions: icecream

Psaiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Once again, not my issue. I have no idea what the issue but you'd be better off bugging @aliaspider for fixes. Doesn't help that there's mixed reports here.
Formatting my Micro SD on FAT32 seemed to help for me, so I'd suggest everyone to try that first before saying it absolutely does not work.

But thanks for convincing me to not give up anyway with your "I don't see why it would not work". Because now I can enjoy CFW at it's finest :D

ArmoredGuns1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why don't you try it yourself? Try to downgrade a N3DS with this exploit to see if Sysupdater actually boots. Then try with Ocarina of Time 3D. You'll see the difference. I mean, thanks for the exploit, but it really isn't that useful if it can't be used to downgrade.

Edit: Also, once in a while, hax won't boot at all, it will just become stuck in a white screen and then throw an error (which, again, doesn't happen with OoT at all).

Last edited by ArmoredGuns1,

ArmoredGuns1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting my Micro SD on FAT32 seemed to help for me, so I'd suggest everyone to try that first before saying it absolutely does not work.

But thanks for convincing me to not give up anyway with your "I don't see why it would not work". Because now I can enjoy CFW at it's finest :D

The fact that you confirm that you need to do extra steps at all just confirms my point that there's something wrong with this hax, that isn't triggering correctly the exploit to downgrade. Maybe it CAN work, but how many times did you try? I mean, with Ocarina of Time, Sysupdater boots almost always. Something has to be wrong, doesn't it? :P

Psaiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The fact that you confirm that you need to do extra steps at all just confirms my point that there's something wrong with this hax, that isn't triggering correctly the exploit to downgrade. Maybe it CAN work, but how many times did you try? I mean, with Ocarina of Time, Sysupdater boots almost always. Something has to be wrong, doesn't it? :P
PlaiSysUpdater always booted.
The Mysterychunk installer also booted in one try.

PlaiSysUpdater just got stuck at HAX INIT... all the time.

But hey, if you only have Super Mystery Dungeon at home, this way works, so it is a solution if you don't have anything else. And Ocarina of Time is not a Nintendo Selects game in Europe, so you can't get it for cheap that easily.

But after formatting my SD everything worked in one try, nothing more.

But I can definitely see why you say the exploit does not work 100% correctly, so... yeah, that.

ArmoredGuns1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PlaiSysUpdater always booted.
The Mysterychunk installer also booted in one try.

PlaiSysUpdater just got stuck at HAX INIT... all the time.

But hey, if you only have Super Mystery Dungeon at home, this way works, so it is a solution if you don't have anything else. And Ocarina of Time is not a Nintendo Selects game in Europe, so you can't get it for cheap that easily.

But after formatting my SD everything worked in one try, nothing more.

But I can definitely see why you say the exploit does not work 100% correctly, so... yeah, that.

Exactly. If it gets stuck in HAX INIT... it means that you can't downgrade. There's something definitely up.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. If it gets stuck in HAX INIT... it means that you can't downgrade. There's something definitely up.
This is incorrect. HAX INIT is the message that shows up while the software attempts to get memchunkhax working, so it just stays there if the system freezes

Psaiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is incorrect. HAX INIT is the message that shows up while the software attempts to get memchunkhax working, so it just stays there if the system freezes
Could it possibly be that certain trash/hidden files on my SD Card were interfering with the downgrade or something?

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it possibly be that certain trash/hidden files on my SD Card were interfering with the downgrade or something?
Took me 50< tries with my well filled SD (~3/4 GB filled) (I used Menuhax back on 10.3)
EDIT; more like 7/16 but thats still more space taken

And with my friends pretty empty SD, using SMDHax, It downgraded second try (This one was on 10.7)

Both of these are American O3DS'

Psaiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Took me 50< tries with my well filled SD (~3/4 GB filled) (I used Menuhax back on 10.3)
EDIT; more like 7/16 but thats still more space taken

And with my friends pretty empty SD, using SMDHax, It downgraded second try (This one was on 10.7)

Both of these are American O3DS'
My conclusion, which may be incorrect... but it's my conclusion so I don't care [emoji28] , is that hidden files made on an SD Card from a lot of use can cause the downgrader to fail. I fully completed the Plailect guide without a single error, so that conclusion has some validity in my honest opinion.

What's also a thing I can mention right now, is that after backing up my SD Card (Cutting out all files, pasting them somewhere else), there were no more visible files left, but 4.2 gigabytes were actually used up.

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My conclusion, which may be incorrect... but it's my conclusion so I don't care [emoji28] , is that hidden files made on an SD Card from a lot of use can cause the downgrader to fail. I fully completed the Plailect guide without a single error, so that conclusion has some validity in my honest opinion.

What's also a thing I can mention right now, is that after backing up my SD Card (Cutting out all files, pasting them somewhere else), there were no more visible files left, but 4.2 gigabytes were actually used up.
Thats what formats are for. and disc imagers

Blakenett

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Powersaves refused to read my exploited copy of SMD...
Dunno if anyone else has/had this problem tho
It seems to work for me (on non-exploited) though on the side it showed an advertisement for Bravely Second. What error is it giving? Can you DM it to me?

digitalforums

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@Plailect
Of course:

-1st. You have to launch Homebrew launcher through supermysterychunkhax.
-2nd. Open menuhax manager
-3rd. Install (If you're on 10.7 it won't install, but do it anyways)
-4rd. Select the 3rd option (Configure/check haxx trigger...)
-5th. Select Type1 bind and bind a key (I bind L)
-6th. Come back to HBLauncher
-7th. Open PlaiSysUpdater
-8th. Enjoy you're downgrade ;)

PD: I just signed up to share that fix that worked 4 me
this little fix worked for me, just downgrading now, o3ds was 10.7e now 9.02e :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.