Homebrew supermysterychunkhax - Savegame Exploit for Super Mystery Dungeon

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSTWO, DSM, a PSMD cartridge and a working 10.7 3ds. I've already done the modding needed to get the 3ds cart to fit into the DS Lite, if that helps. I can edit the PSMD savefile, so if a save works, then it should work for powersaves too.
My powersaves refused to read the Gamecart i rented :(

I had the latest version yet inserting the cart threw up a 'Cartridge Error' or something like that (not a freeze, a registered error) And i did clean both the dongle and the game. Why did my Powersaves pull an Alpha :( (AS was the only game i couldn't get to work. now AS and PSMD)

And i can't keep trying, as i've already returned the copy i rented

AtlasTheAvenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I had the latest version yet inserting the cart threw up a 'Cartridge Error' or something like that (not a freeze, a registered error) And i did clean both the dongle and the game. Why did my Powersaves pull an Alpha :( (AS was the only game i couldn't get to work. now AS and PSMD)

Don't know, never used Powersaves. What PSMD save were you using? Upload it and I'll try with my method.

AtlasTheAvenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
?
I dont think so. I just used the installer to install the payload to the gamecart

My inner noob is obvious at the mention of compiling. All I really know is that i have Python 2.7 XD
Wait, what? What did you put on the powersave? Did you just put the contents of the installer zip?

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what? What did you put on the powersave? Did you just put the contents of the installer zip?
The Powersave refused to read the Gamecart :P

Now im not sure who is more confused lol.

This is just good for 9999999999999999999999 stuff pretty much. Or making/restoring save backups

The only way to install an exploit Via Powersaves is by restoring a backup with the exploit already on it...

I had a Gamecart with the 10.7U exploit on it, but Powersaves refused to read it, So i put nothing on the Powersaves

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Powersaves won't be of any use, iirc psmd uses per cart encryption. OOThax can be installed with powersaves because back in 2011 that type of encryption was not a thing. Super mystery dungeon came out in 2015.

Reactions: Lucky16

Ecos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Powersaves won't be of any use, iirc psmd uses per cart encryption. OOThax can be installed with powersaves because back in 2011 that type of encryption was not a thing. Super mystery dungeon came out in 2015.
Yes, but the hax work with savefile, so there are possibilities that work with powersaves
There's no harm in trying

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but the hax work with savefile, so there are possibilities that work with powersaves
There's no harm in trying
You must not understand how encryption works. It's layered on top of the save file. If the encryption data is different for every cart, then the save file payload written will have to be unique per cart so that the game decrypts it properly.

Powersaves only dumps and restores encrypted save files. Per cart cryptography prevents you from restoring saves from other cartridges.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
You must not understand how encryption works. It's layered on top of the save file. If the encryption data is different for every cart, then the save file payload written will have to be unique per cart so that the game decrypts it properly.

Powersaves only dumps and restores encrypted save files. Per cart cryptography prevents you from restoring saves from other cartridges.
IS this what happens, @shinyquagsire23 ?
Because you're the one who has studied the PSMD saves properly.

Don't intend to scare you, but your powersaves is (probably) broken.

Last edited by Salamencizer,

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't intend to scare you, but your powersaves is (probably) broken.
Its not, it still works for other games

The only games it hasn't worked for ime are Alpha Sapphire, KH3D (forgot about this one :P), and PSMD

And yes I tested it with another game while i still had PSMD in my possession

EDIT; Oddly tho PSMD was the only one to give me a valid error

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IS this what happens, @shinyquagsire23 ?
Because you're the one who has studied the PSMD saves properly.

If powersaves works by dumping and restoring only encrypted images, then yes that'd be the case. However, doesn't it support cheating for games like Sm4sh and similar? Because that would imply being able to decrypt newer games, including SMD.

AtlasTheAvenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If powersaves works by dumping and restoring only encrypted images, then yes that'd be the case. However, doesn't it support cheating for games like Sm4sh and similar? Because that would imply being able to decrypt newer games, including SMD.
You can gen/edit pokemon with with a Powersaves iirc.

Last edited by AtlasTheAvenger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work